Wait, didn't i win it yesterday?

elisa_rlyeh

Ok so I could swear I had won at the scratchcard kiosk the other day, and today I noticed the prize was circa 15k np (meaning someone actually won it).
I'm at a loss after logging and daily-ing on my 3 accounts and figuring I had nothing. Also no prints ( i'll just have to guess this is the bigger proof of no winnig anything right?XD) and nothing on my control spreadsheets. 

Guess I was asleep during the scratching, but it was a nice dream...

Mind you, doing dailies that earns you neopoints on multiple accounts is against the rules and could get you frozen. Make sure you only do neopoint-earning dailies (like scratch cards) on your main account!

2 hours ago, Duma said:

Mind you, doing dailies that earns you neopoints on multiple accounts is against the rules and could get you frozen. Make sure you only do neopoint-earning dailies (like scratch cards) on your main account!

Isn't the rule more like "use the np you earn on the account you earned it"? That has been my understanding and that's what I do [since there's no use having a 0np account].

But I'm still sad at the taste of 5mil np on my hands slipping away as in a dream 🤣 no wonder playing it must be the first daily task, not the last.

@elisa_rlyeh It's definitely what Duma said, it's 100% against the rules to earn NP on more than one account, so you'd be wise to stop doing that immediately to avoid the  :axehead:  if they catch you.

You can use your NP on any account you like, but you can only earn it on the one. I mean you can transfer amounts across to a side account (by your side putting any random item in a trade and you buying it from yourself for a load of dosh), you can store NP in the bank on your side, but you're not allowed to collect the interest because again that's earning NP on more than one account.

The only legit way to earn NP on a side is via a random event.

Wait a minute!!!

This is all about scratchcards. At a guess I'd have thought those were fine too. Like if you sent them to a side account to scratch, kind of pointless though?

I think maybe something's not working with the scratchcards right now? I saw something on the boards, but that was maybe just about the premium space faerie ones...

This has me checking to see if I have any, and I find 9 lurking in my SDB! :D

Current Scratchcard Jackpot : 40025 NP!!!

That's clearly working at least as it's more than you saw?

i see the jackpot steadily going up in odd little increments as I work my way through mine (not winning anything!). First by 100 NP, and then by 50, then 75, then 25. I wonder how that works? 0_o

I've emailed TNT and now I'm holding my breath for their answer on this subject 😬😬😬 Hopefully they won't sigh and facepalm when reading hahaha

I mean, it's all about "fair  play", I fail to see how np earned in accounts and used on the same accounts, owned by a same person, differs from earning neopoints on accounts used by different people. 

I reckon the Desert kiosk doesn't work cuz it runs on flash, Winter and Spooky are fine to go.

Maybe the increments work like this:

Player 1 buys scratchcard for 500np, then wins nothing (+500). Player 2 buys scratchcard for 500(+1000), wins 800(+200). Player 3  buys scratchcard for 500 (+700), wins 625 (+75). And on it goes ❔ Or maybe since we're talking neopets, the amount just increases naturally over time xD

Currently: 50575 NP ..wait i scratched one slot (2500) and it went 50600. Another (blank) and 50650. Third one (10000) and 50675. Fourth and last (skull), 50725.

So, Blank = 50; 2500 = 25; 10000 = 25; Skull = 50. 

And I did scratch it on the account I have more NPs, no way I'm losing that one. 🤣

IMG_20210118_123028_049.jpg

22 hours ago, elisa_rlyeh said:

Isn't the rule more like "use the np you earn on the account you earned it"? That has been my understanding and that's what I do [since there's no use having a 0np account].

But I'm still sad at the taste of 5mil np on my hands slipping away as in a dream 🤣 no wonder playing it must be the first daily task, not the last.

Jellysundae and Duma are definitely right here. You can only - only - earn np on your main account. You can send np across to side accounts and use it for things like the Neolodge, but it's strict enough that you're not even meant to buy items on your side account. You're meant to buy the item on your main account and send it across to the side account. 

You can't have a shop, play any games, do any dailies, or in any way earn money on a side account. You can only use them to store pets. You can have galleries on side accounts, but the items need to be bought on your main and transferred. You can enter competitions that have no prizes on your side account, but not competitions like Storytelling etc that have np prizes.

You can buy and use NC on your side account, but you can't use cookies on your side. The only exception I believe is the Archive Cookie (because it only gives out NC wearables) and the lab cookie, which you can use on a side ONLY if you don't have the lab ray on your main. You cannot use FQ cookies, lab ray cookies or games cookies on your side. 

Think of your sides as storage and galleries only and you'll be safe.

21 hours ago, jellysundae said:

@elisa_rlyeh It's definitely what Duma said, it's 100% against the rules to earn NP on more than one account, so you'd be wise to stop doing that immediately to avoid the  :axehead:  if they catch you.

You can use your NP on any account you like, but you can only earn it on the one. I mean you can transfer amounts across to a side account (by your side putting any random item in a trade and you buying it from yourself for a load of dosh), you can store NP in the bank on your side, but you're not allowed to collect the interest because again that's earning NP on more than one account.

The only legit way to earn NP on a side is via a random event.

Wait a minute!!!

This is all about scratchcards. At a guess I'd have thought those were fine too. Like if you sent them to a side account to scratch, kind of pointless though?

I think maybe something's not working with the scratchcards right now? I saw something on the boards, but that was maybe just about the premium space faerie ones...

This has me checking to see if I have any, and I find 9 lurking in my SDB! :D

Current Scratchcard Jackpot : 40025 NP!!!

That's clearly working at least as it's more than you saw?

i see the jackpot steadily going up in odd little increments as I work my way through mine (not winning anything!). First by 100 NP, and then by 50, then 75, then 25. I wonder how that works? 0_o

Yep, it's a big freeze offence!!

I wouldn't risk it on a side. If I got a scratch card in a random event on a side, I'd move it over to my main to scratch it. I certainly wouldn't buy scratch cards for use on a side.

i dont think that neopets has an official list of all the restrictions on side accounts, which is mildly annoying as there are a lot of little nuances to it. most of what we know about the restrictions of side accounts comes from editorial questions. which isn't super helpful for people who don't read the editorial!

but tdn and jellyneo both have articles about the subject. they cover what is allowed and disallowed side accounts, as well as exceptions and grey areas. they're well worth a read: Multiple Accounts and Side Account FAQs

i hope tnt doesn't freeze your accounts 😞

@Secre Stuff's even stricter than I realised then, oops! I didn't know that you weren't meant to spend NP on a side other than at the Neolodge. Treating side accounts simply as storage is the easiest way to remember what's allowed though, you're right there!

Wouldn't it be nice if you had a coded means to designate side accounts, and it would be actually impossible to do any of the disallowed things on them...

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

@Secre Stuff's even stricter than I realised then, oops! I didn't know that you weren't meant to spend NP on a side other than at the Neolodge. Treating side accounts simply as storage is the easiest way to remember what's allowed though, you're right there!

Wouldn't it be nice if you had a coded means to designate side accounts, and it would be actually impossible to do any of the disallowed things on them...

I looked up all the rules when I started actively using my sides for pets and creating more sides so I couldn't accidentally run afoul of them!

It's like you are not permitted to buy items from the Money Tree, Igloo Garage Sale or Healing Springs on sides as it's considered bypassing the maximum number of items/time limits for items. You can use the Healing Springs to heal your pets though.

2 hours ago, berriganify said:

i dont think that neopets has an official list of all the restrictions on side accounts, which is mildly annoying as there are a lot of little nuances to it. most of what we know about the restrictions of side accounts comes from editorial questions. which isn't super helpful for people who don't read the editorial!

but tdn and jellyneo both have articles about the subject. they cover what is allowed and disallowed side accounts, as well as exceptions and grey areas. they're well worth a read: Multiple Accounts and Side Account FAQs

i hope tnt doesn't freeze your accounts 😞

Yeah, I certainly used the FAQs to gem up on the rules. Going through hundreds of editorials did not sound like my idea of fun!!

I've been absorbing all these sad news the past couple hours (what an awful way to start my day), I've written three or more paragraphs to show my discontent, but first and foremost thank you all for the help.

Expect to see me at #pound topics, cuz I'll be transferring everything to my older account and deleting the newest. Pointless to have it. The middle one I'll keep for the sake of random quests, or maybe logging every once 18 months so it won't be deleted (tho I don't think they actually do it, since I've recovered an 7yo account I didn't log for at least 5y). 

So much for going to the trouble of asking TNT help for recovering them 🙄

*Sighs and waves going away in utter displease*

1 hour ago, elisa_rlyeh said:

I've been absorbing all these sad news the past couple hours (what an awful way to start my day), I've written three or more paragraphs to show my discontent, but first and foremost thank you all for the help.

Expect to see me at #pound topics, cuz I'll be transferring everything to my older account and deleting the newest. Pointless to have it. The middle one I'll keep for the sake of random quests, or maybe logging every once 18 months so it won't be deleted (tho I don't think they actually do it, since I've recovered an 7yo account I didn't log for at least 5y). 

So much for going to the trouble of asking TNT help for recovering them 🙄

*Sighs and waves going away in utter displease*

I keep sides so that I can have more pets - I have my original pets on my main and my first side, then a baby side, a to-be mutant side and an extra side. I also have a gallery on my oldest side, so there are reasons to have sides even if you can't make neopoints on them. 

Just now, elisa_rlyeh said:

or maybe logging every once 18 months so it won't be deleted

There hasn't been a purge in ages .. I want to say 8-10 years .. but don't worry they will announce it beforehand if you have any abandoned accounts 🙂

It's always ok to ask any questions to stay on JN's safe side and we are all here to help 

With everything going on and all the broken games , links /etc .. it's a hustle to even keep a main account these days .. let alone play on multiple ones (even if it was allowed , which is not)

On 1/19/2021 at 4:09 AM, jellysundae said:

that would be great. at the moment i use the different-site-theme trick, but even then im logging in daily to one of my sides to use the lab ray, and there have been a few times where i've accidently visited a np/item daily on the wrong account (because i do my dailies by just opening all the tabs at once and then going through them all.) i would totally take an option to just outright ban any np/item areas on the other accounts.

23 hours ago, Secre said:

Yeah, I certainly used the FAQs to gem up on the rules. Going through hundreds of editorials did not sound like my idea of fun!!

it really doesn't, and that's definitely an area where tnt dropped the ball. the editorial is great and i wouldn't get rid of it, but they definitely need a much clearer rules sections with all of these restrictions on side accounts clearly laid out. it's madness that people have to go offsite for rules!

22 hours ago, elisa_rlyeh said:

cuz I'll be transferring everything to my older account and deleting the newest.

just remember that you can only transfer pets, and items/nps that were originally earned on your main account. if you earned any nps/items on your side account, sadly you can't transfer them over to your main, that would definitely look suspicious. you don't have to delete your account, though, you can just leave it and let it age, as you may have a use for it later for more pets/galleries.

sorry we've had to be the bearers of bad news, though.

10 hours ago, berriganify said:

that would be great. at the moment i use the different-site-theme trick, but even then im logging in daily to one of my sides to use the lab ray, and there have been a few times where i've accidently visited a np/item daily on the wrong account (because i do my dailies by just opening all the tabs at once and then going through them all.) i would totally take an option to just outright ban any np/item areas on the other accounts.

I use a different browser entirely. So I use Chrome for my main and Edge for any of my side accounts. It means I can have both up at the same time and the dailies link is only ever on the chrome browser. Works quite well for me!

it really doesn't, and that's definitely an area where tnt dropped the ball. the editorial is great and i wouldn't get rid of it, but they definitely need a much clearer rules sections with all of these restrictions on side accounts clearly laid out. it's madness that people have to go offsite for rules!

I like the editorial, don't get me wrong. But I'm not trawling through hundreds of old ones to find a section I need! And yep, they definitely should be on-site!

just remember that you can only transfer pets, and items/nps that were earned on your main account. if you earned any nps/items on that account, sadly you can't transfer them over to your main, that would definitely look suspicious. you don't have to delete your account, though, you can just leave it and let it age, as you may have a use for it later for more pets/galleries.

Good cop! I'd forgotten that rule! Partly because anything on my sides has only ever been earned on my main!