Bleeding Heck - Second Score In Two Days!

Secre

So yesterday I found myself a nice 90,000np bargin at 1np.

Today, whilst buying fishing junk (I'm obsessed with prepping for CC, I tell you... I have some 19,000 items in my SDB now), I came across a bleeding Mutant Petpet Paint Brush priced at just 50,000np. Current TP asking price? 1.2mil! That's another one of my petpets sorted then - a mutant Ona for my Mutant Draik!

*EDIT: I'm feeling guilty having checked the user profile. It's a brand new user. I'm neomailing to confirm it's them I bought from and I'll send a few goodies over to bring the price up to a vaguely reasonable point...

I’m not sure about karma - I did use the item immediately after all!! But I remember making a similar mistake with a Xweetok transmogrification potion as a n00b. Put it into my shop for 99,999np and it went in two seconds flat. I hadn’t realised the Trading Post did bigger ticket sales and that was the shop limit at the time. I still remember it saltily a decade and more later, so I’d hate to do it to someone else. I’m hoping I haven’t been too picky though; I have requested ‘proof’ from the user though; nothing strenuous, just that they confirm the item I bought. I’m wary that whilst I’m relatively confident in my getting back to the right shop, I would likely have snapped the arm off a seasoned user offering me expensive stuff in return for a slight that didn’t actually happen to me as a teenager!! I found it noticeable that they didn’t confirm the paint brush in their initial return neomail... so we shall see. I’ve even given them instructions to Sales Histpry of their shop in case they didn’t know that option existed.

If they're a new user, they probably had no idea what it was worth and just threw a price on it themselves. I'd feel bad about something like that too, if I were in your place. It's nice when people do the right thing, even if they don't have to. 🙂

12 hours ago, Angeló said:

That's awesome , you should change your name from Secre to Sniper :D

All the "snipes" and "deals" I find on the Wiz are from disabled accounts ... so their prices are naturally not updated in ages

I'm usually fairly useless with sniping, so the last two days have been a definite success!

And oh boy do I hate that! Why oh why can they not be removed from the search entirely if frozen!!

1 hour ago, MysteryAF said:

If they're a new user, they probably had no idea what it was worth and just threw a price on it themselves. I'd feel bad about something like that too, if I were in your place. It's nice when people do the right thing, even if they don't have to. 🙂

Yeah, that's what happened. The user confirmed what item it was via neomail and said they couldn't find it on the Shop Wizard so just put a price that seemed expensive on it. 

I've sent them a combination of a morphing potion, books and collectibles that work out to just shy of a million. I still consider it a good deal mind you, as I got something I was actually looking for for a bunch of things I'd been trying to sell anyway! But they'll likely find the items easier to sell than a petpet paint brush anyway, so I think it's a win win situation!!

But yes, particularly as I still remember my long past fail with a transmog potion, I'd have felt far too mean just running off with the snipe. Their account is only a week old!

3 hours ago, Secre said:

And oh boy do I hate that! Why oh why can they not be removed from the search entirely if frozen!!

I doubt there's a single person who's not all >8[ about that. xD Hopefully it's on the list of a gazillion things that needs fixing, and will be got to, eventually!

It's weird that it wasn't sorted out when it first started happening, because you can bet your life people complained about it from the very first occurance. x'D Unless at the time TNT left it like that as a warning to others, maybe? TNT at that point were a teamful of people who did actively understand and play the game, unlike TNT now, so there must have been a reason for why they chose to have this happen.

Any volunteers to hunt Adam and Donna down and ask them what the heck they were thinking? :upsidedown:

Also, speaking of CC prep, I get to do a bit of my own today. :D

You'd think those pesky sea creatures would be getting' the message by now...

Oh, look! It's a parting gift from the krawken:

dubloon5.gif

Twenty Dubloon Coin

So off to Little Nippers for me to snap up a couple of 4-point Deavers. >:3

I'm fully aware this is pretty nonsensical from a purely fiscal point of view; I could sell that coin for 4500 NP and buy a load of 6-point items with the proceeds. But I'm still all about not spending any money in my prep. All the more so after learning my lesson with the Sticky Snowballs! :axehead:

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Also, speaking of CC prep, I get to do a bit of my own today. :D

So off to Little Nippers for me to snap up a couple of 4-point Deavers. >:3

I'm fully aware this is pretty nonsensical from a purely fiscal point of view; I could sell that coin for 4500 NP and buy a load of 6-point items with the proceeds. But I'm still all about not spending any money in my prep. All the more so after learning my lesson with the Sticky Snowballs! :axehead:

I took the opposite message from last years CC - I spent a fortune on junk to get my points up, so I'm spending an equal fortune but getting over double the loot by prepping in advance this year!!

image.png.03b1dc22452bbd55c6b971b14587aa83.png