It's Official ! RIP Flash !

Angel贸

Just now, Secre said:

Yep, mines out too. Pity it's a shared computer or I'd be tempted by the date trick!

You could switch it just to do the flash stuff, then set it back? I'll not leave mine set on yesterday's date other than for that.

I've been expecting a bunch of stuff to be switched today, but now I realise that may be me being foolish? TNT can always let us down, after all, no matter how low our expectations. *~*;;

8 hours ago, sweet_marta said:

Oh no!!! How are we supposed to play now? Is there anyway ?

The dudes at Andkon Arcade can be of assistance if you want to play Flash games (and Shockwave ones as well) in 2021. You'll need Pale Moon browser and a non-time bombed version of Flash (version 32.0.0.371 is the last known Flash version before Adobe time-bombed the Flash player in all releases made after June 2020). Here's their guide.

Just now, Tedhaun said:

and a non-time bombed version of Flash

:laugh:

I learnt about the coded in "death switch" yesterday, I can't help but think of Flash as a zombie now, especially as I've re-animated it by going back to yesterday's date. x'D

38 minutes ago, Tedhaun said:

The dudes at Andkon Arcade can be of assistance if you want to play Flash games in 2021. You'll need Pale Moon browser and a non-time bombed version of Flash (version 32.0.0.371 is the last known Flash version before Adobe time-bombed the Flash player in all releases made after June 2020). Here's their guide.

Oh that's awesome! I didn't know about this guide, and have been trying to find a way to access the old shockwave games too, which it talks about! I've been so stressed about doing all the flash games the last few days, especially the ones I'm not so good at. Hopefully with this guide, it'll buy me a little more time to play.

Unpopular opinion, but... this was long overdue. Flash is horribly outdated to the point of it being a security risk. Neopets should have been updated long ago, rather than moments before the deadline. Now many of the site features aren't working properly because of that.

14 hours ago, MysteryAF said:

Unpopular opinion, but... this was long overdue. Flash is horribly outdated to the point of it being a security risk. Neopets should have been updated long ago, rather than moments before the deadline. Now many of the site features aren't working properly because of that.

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion at all. I think the people are more upset with all the non-working changes rather than the end of Flash itself. The only reason I'm looking to get back onto flash is because almost none of the games have updated and I still need the avatars. For most some of the games, once I have the avatar, I never want to see that game again lol.

I come bearing more helpfulness! :D

A fellow ninja has put together a REALLY useful petpage.

Avatar game tips, Flash workaround & non-Flash links for some Flash games: http://www.neopets.com/~5T4RRY

I'm just doing the coconut shy at the moment. This is great! No need to have to mute Elroy, I can't even SEE him! HOHOHO, the laugh's on you, mister! >:3

Although I blocked stupid Chrome from Automatic Updates , it did and now Flash options are gone forever聽

Qasalan Expellibox just shows me this now (even with date change)

image.png.d5a693c622253223fc4a89175ad45632.png

But I can see聽5TA4RRY added it to the list ...

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know if the Pale Moon method works? I'm trying it out right now, and it seems like it's not registering my keyboard presses in Escape from Meridell Castle, Kass Basher, nor Meerca Chase, but it works for Assignment 53. I tried Assignment 53 before installing ublock, but it still works after ublock, so I'm not sure if it's because of that.

• 1 month later...

Are there any more updates on the Pale Moon method? I'm thinking about installing so I can work on some avatars but I don't want to mess with it, if it's not going to work.聽 I did find an addon for Chrome called Ruffle. It enable some stuff: Coconut Shy, Qasalan Expellibox and Test Your Strength specifically.聽

I installed Pale Moon but I keep getting the End of Life for anything Flash related, I wondered if you needed it installed, with a working Flash, before they terminated it so you could prevent it from updating.

The link that I went to had step-by-step instructions and it included a link to an Adobe Flash file that didn't have the end of life timer built in.聽 Because of security concerns, I would only use this to try for avatars.聽 I'm in a bit of a pickle, I don't have over 200 avatars (I suck at Flash games).聽 You need that plus over 100 posts to start participating in the Avatar Lending program for pets here.聽 So I was hoping that Pale Moon might be a quick fix.