Vote for Obelisk War! Round 202!

lianakos

Which faction are you joining for the 202nd round?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction are you joining for the 202nd round?

• Awakened
    • Brute Squad
    • Thieves Guild

Out of these 3 I still need the awakened avatar, so I guess that's what I'm going with. 

8 hours ago, Angeló said:

last week everyone backed up the thieves yet they lost

dunno who to follow this week

I'm not sure if you follow the neoboards, but I was curious after last week too, and there was a user who posted saying that they wanted the sway boon really badly for restocking purposes, calculated that they needed to do over 9000 battles to counter everybody else's battles, and did that many battles to ensure sway victory. Sway isn't in the equation this time around so it might be more close to votes this time around.

they needed to do over 9000 battles to counter everybody else's battles, and did that many battles to ensure sway victory

Some people are crazy or have way too much time on their hands !! I barely manage to do 15-20 battles

Ok so 2 TDN'ers need the Awakened avatar and I love the Awakened so I'm joining them too 

Let's see if others here will do the same 

@jellysundae 

@midnight_spell360

What say you ?

Just now, Angeló said:

What say you ?

I shall wait until Mario says which faction his guild is going for as that has a big influence on results. Though they got it wrong last time...

Oxbridge's stats don't look too hopeful for Awakened this time around. :sad02:

image.png.08ce9d2efe3f3d7e65dc3ef341df2099.png

10 hours ago, Angeló said:

What say you ?

I'll throw in with you Big Bro. What else is there to do now that Flash is dead-so are most games! Spooky Awakened it is! *snap* *snap* :lmaosmiley:

8 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

I'll throw in with you Big Bro. What else is there to do now that Flash is dead-so are most games! Spooky Awakened it is! *snap* *snap* :lmaosmiley:

Flash dying is one thing, but for Adobe to actually BLOCK flash content with that stupid death of Flash (EOL) thing, is really adding insult to injury. Can't even play the Test Your Strength thing now. I wonder if TNT was caught by surprise by Adobe doing that and is now Scrambling to update the games?

Back on topic, I'll probably go with The Awakened too. At least it's a chance at better boons than either Brutes or Thieves can provide.

So I'm doing my best to try and make choosing Awakened worthwhile. :D

image.png.a780c15ecfa996ad1b4ffbf71ac63da2.png

Incidentally, Tate showing just what a BAFM he is by taking his cocoa into the BD with him.

"can we get on with this, I'm on my tea break you know!"

fXykCto.jpg

Not spilling a drop, ofc.  😎  :laugh:

So I started off fighting Commander Flint, then thought wait a minute! if we're wanting to beat Thieves, wouldn't it be better to actually fight Thieves?!

Does it work like that? Does anyone know? Would any regular user know?

@Aquamentis12 do you have any insight?

Is this solely about winning more battles than the opponents, or do you think the amount of times someone is beaten plays a part too?

I was kind of wondering the same thing, I tried looking it up to see how that person from last battle calculated 9000 battles but couldn't find anything. I was fighting thieves only this round. Maybe because we were only fighting thieves, it cancelled out? Spent so much time battling each other that the third team came out on top? 🤔 No idea if that's how it actually works lol.

Although I'm kind of bummed about awakened not winning, I find it pretty funny though that brute squad won though despite thieves being the predicted winner for the second time in a row.

Brutes winning is hysterically ironic for me, after all my efforts, that completely blind-sided me.

WHO THE HECK CHOSE BRUTES?!?!  lol.gif

Let's just take a look at those predictions again...

image.png.08ce9d2efe3f3d7e65dc3ef341df20

Yep, still just as unlikely. x'D

A certain amount of shenanigans gone on this time, wouldn't you say?

Spent so much time battling each other that the third team came out on top?

@jennoying_sparkle ^THAT! I've also wondered about that very strongly myself!

I asked the person on neoboards from last week who did 900 (not 9000 apparently) and they said the point scoring system is one point per battle and that difficulty didn't matter (although I think that's contrary to the original obelisk war?). Kind of glad about that since my neopets are kind of weak, but I guess that's information to keep in mind for next time then

On 1/17/2021 at 9:20 AM, jellysundae said:

So I'm doing my best to try and make choosing Awakened worthwhile. :D

image.png.a780c15ecfa996ad1b4ffbf71ac63da2.png

Incidentally, Tate showing just what a BAFM he is by taking his cocoa into the BD with him.

"can we get on with this, I'm on my tea break you know!"

fXykCto.jpg

Not spilling a drop, ofc.  😎  :laugh:

So I started off fighting Commander Flint, then thought wait a minute! if we're wanting to beat Thieves, wouldn't it be better to actually fight Thieves?!

Does it work like that? Does anyone know? Would any regular user know?

@Aquamentis12 do you have any insight?

Is this solely about winning more battles than the opponents, or do you think the amount of times someone is beaten plays a part too?

lol To be honest, I don't really know the numbers for how faction wins are determined, nor about how many "points" each opponent might be worth. I usually focus on the Faction leaders in the skirmishes. It's a one-round battle for me anyway, so I choose the leaders on the chance that they MIGHT be worth more toward the team effort. JUST speculation though.

If going contrary to a faction that has been predicted to win, I will battle that faction's leader more than the faction leader of the other faction I'm up against.

Something like a 2 to 1 ratio. It doesn't always work of course, ONE player's efforts don't amount to much when you've got hundreds if not thousands of players participating. lol Also, just because a couple big guilds are backing a faction doesn't necessarily mean that faction will win. As shown by the Brutes surprise victory this round. 😉

1 hour ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Also, just because a couple big guilds are backing a faction doesn't necessarily mean that faction will win. As shown by the Brutes surprise victory this round.

Tell me about it! xD Brutes winning this time around makes me think of some massive Food Club upset TBH. :laugh: