Language Trick Disabled?

NovelMage

I'm guessing that the language trick (where you swap to make a pet eat a food or read a book it doesn't like) no longer works with beta? No matter how I change languages in classic, my inventory stays resolutely in English. (And there's no language dropdown in beta.)

If you go to your shop, the language changing option should be at the bottom. It's weird because if you just change it to Japanese, it will change back to the English on the next refresh. However, I tried a couple different things, and I found what made it stick was changing it to Japanese, then load a page in beta, then go back to the classic page and it should be "Japanese". I was able to change the language to "Japanese" today to attach a Snicklebeast to my neopet, but it seems like languages are broken for the item names. Instead of actual words, it's replaced with "???????????? (?????)" . I tried to use the same trick for the robo pet avatar but it seems like it doesn't work anymore. Kinda disappointed that I spent the neopoints on the item for it to not work.

That could very well be the case. While I haven't tested the trick in beta specifically, it may also depend on which item you are trying to use. They stopped supporting translations a handful of years ago so items released since that date (until current day) will no longer be eligible to work anyway so maybe they just removed the ability to do it entirely because of that. It's still a silly mechanic to have, especially after a site revamp. 

• 2 years later...
  • Duma locked this topic