Favourite neo-achievement of the year? (And neo-resolutions!)

berriganify

So, I've been cleaning up my neopets to-do list and kind of taking stock of what, exactly I've managed to get done this year, and I'm curious to see what everyone else has achieved. New additions to your pet families? New paint jobs? Trophies or avatars? And more importantly, what are you goals for next year?

I created and painted quite a few pets this year, but by far the achievement I'm most proud of isn't a pet, it's my multi-pet portfolio. I started dabbling in learning some basic html and css last year, and while I didn't stick with it, I learned enough to manage to adapt a template to my needs. Not much compared to some of the lovely petpages I've seen, but it's suited to my tastes, so I'm still proud of it! It's really nice to see all my pets in one place, and start fleshing out their characters. Their characters are, after all, what made me stick around after the nostalgia rush wore off.

As for next year, I want to continue that and hopefully get all my pet's biographies up... and hopefully a few more of them painted, of course! *pokes at the lab ray*

So, what about everyone else?

I definitely want the "Avatar Collector Avatar" Avatar Collector 

I'm currently playing games a lot before Flash ends in 9 days , trying to get at least one more game avatar but I'm not really good with games 

I've also added some trophies lately although I'm not crazy about getting Gold or anything .. but that's always nice for my userlookup  

3 hours ago, iloveeevee said:

this year i saved up for the lab ray and got some pricier avatars!

my goals for next year are:
300 avvies
draw more and get into art gallery again
maybe win customization spotlight once

Ooo, the lab ray's a nice one, have you gotten any good zaps yet? And good luck with those contests! I know the art gallery especially is a little competitive, so I really hope you win.

3 hours ago, Angeló said:

I definitely want the "Avatar Collector Avatar" Avatar Collector 

I'm currently playing games a lot before Flash ends in 9 days , trying to get at least one more game avatar but I'm not really good with games 

I've also added some trophies lately although I'm not crazy about getting Gold or anything .. but that's always nice for my userlookup  

Ah, yes, the holy grail of avatars! 😄

Wow, you have a lot of trophies! But are the flash games being completely removed at the end of the month? I thought it was just that support from adobe was ending...

I dunno, probably reaching a 6th line of game trophies. It's funny cause I don't consider myself that good at games. Other than that, it was cool to finally replace all my awfully named pets with better ones. As for 2021, I don't have any Neo goals set. I don't allocate my time to Neopets anymore. I just like being a part of this community.

1 hour ago, berriganify said:

Ooo, the lab ray's a nice one, have you gotten any good zaps yet? And good luck with those contests! I know the art gallery especially is a little competitive, so I really hope you win.

Thank you!! My second zap was a change to the color ice!! I swapped my zafara from a side acc to be my zap pet but now i kinda dont wanna change her again, it looks so cool😂

and for art gallery, i got in last year a few times (some days have less competition, like borovan day lol) but just havent had motivation lately
even if i dont get in it's fun though to draw some neopets fanart for a change 🙂

Achievments of this year...OH! My Gelert, Yow_Gelert, won 3rd place on Nov 17, 2020! I was so fricking happy! (Including picture of the Customization that won!) 🙌

Resolutions for next year, make sure to participate in more of the site events, if they have them. (Since I have no idea what will change due to flash being discarded like an old, worn out but beloved toy by cruel and mean people.) I also hope to get my Dream pet (A Darigan Chomby) in the Dream Neopet Giveaway. If not, I'll be working towards affording a Darigan PB and getting a Chomby MP. 😁

Yow_Gelert Winning Picture 11-17-2020.png

45 minutes ago, GlitchtaleLover said:

For reaching 2 million neopoints I guess? (Even though i blew threw them lol) And getting almost all of my pets color exactly how I wanted!

Goal might be just to get a few more cool items, and Avatars, all I really want is for fun stuff! ^^

That's pretty good! And what are neopoints for if not for spending them on fun stuff?

36 minutes ago, coolmusic_girl said:

Achievments of this year...OH! My Gelert, Yow_Gelert, won 3rd place on Nov 17, 2020! I was so fricking happy! (Including picture of the Customization that won!) 🙌

That's a lovely farmer custom, I can practically hear the banjos playing!

I hope there's some site events too next year, but I'm not going to hold my breath for them, I know there's still so much of the site to convert. It'll be a nice surprise if it does. And it does kinda suck that flash is going away, but security flaws aren't too fun either. 😞

Good luck getting your darigan chomby, they are such a cool pet, especially those horns 🤩 There's also the faerie quest festival thing, you could try for a faerie fountain quest!

• 3 weeks later...

I've been pleased with 2020 on neopets. I've painted a lot of my pets in their dream colours, got quite a few of their petpets and started up a baby and mutant side account. Only the baby account has been really started mind you - I have two babies on it with the eventual aim of at least five plus one lab rat as that's the account I set my lab ray on. Which is another goal done!

Pets painted have included HarmBoer becoming his Royal Werelupe cross, FaithfulDarkness becoming a Nightsteed, getting my Mutant Draik via an FFQ and my MSP Poogle via the Premium perk and painting my Peophin Tyrannian on my main. My side accounts have been equally busy with a Darigan Gelert, Woodland Ruki, Plushie Shoyru, Baby Lupe and Baby Yurble. 

I've also adopted a few well named additions to the family including a Desert Bruce, Clay JubJub and Stealthy Acara

Completed petpets include a Tyrannian Feloreena on my Peophin, a Maraquan Snowbunny on my Lutari (who still needs the pet paint job mind you!), a Hegie on my MSP, an Elderly Symol on my first baby pet, a Desert Babaa for my Desert Bruce and a Plushie Doglefox on my Plushie Shoyru.

I got into NC trading and have traded for quite a few items for permanent customs and despite buying a ridiculous amount of paint brushes and petpets have still managed to save more neopoints than I had made in my previous seventeen odd years on and off the site! I've also picked up a few avatars as I've been going including some games ones I'd never looked at before.

Goals for the New Year include;

- a Woodland Rock and Darigan Candychan (that one might be a bit longer coming unless I get lucky at the main shop!) and to organise petpets for my other variety of pets. 

- Morphing Huggleby into a Halloween Grundo, continuing to collect Baby Pets first but then Mutant pets as well. 

- Organise my pets onto the correct sides and sort out which pets need painting etc. 

- Finally getting a lucky zap for that Garlic Kiko.

- Continuing to collect avatars although that will be more tricky with the demise of Flash. I got to 248 by the end of 2020, so I'm not sure how many more I'll manage, but at least a handful more I hope.

@Secre 🤩 wow that is quite the list of achievements! not that i'm surprised, seems like every time i visited this forum for the past few months you have a thread with something else crossed off your to-do list! still, congrats, and good luck with all your 2021 goals, especially the avatars. the end of flash is going to be making a large chunk of avatars semi-retired for at least a very long time, possibly forever.

14 hours ago, berriganify said:

@Secre 🤩 wow that is quite the list of achievements! not that i'm surprised, seems like every time i visited this forum for the past few months you have a thread with something else crossed off your to-do list! still, congrats, and good luck with all your 2021 goals, especially the avatars. the end of flash is going to be making a large chunk of avatars semi-retired for at least a very long time, possibly forever.

In fairness I've just realised that my baby Yurble needs to be taken off that list - that was a this year paint job, although I adopted the pet last year. She's mega cute though:137038101_1346435765725717_5779938202101504404_n.png?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=58c789&_nc_ohc=jUUf3hPHXjcAX9luOL_&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&_nc_tp=30&oh=bdea359a674d698a40f6ca357b681762&oe=6023DC98

But yes, I'm pleased with the headway I've made on painting pets, particularly as I've kept to my goal of saving neopoints as well! 

Yeah, I picked up Feed Florg, Korbats Lab, Extreme Herder and Meerca Chase last year - I started on Ummagine, but was nowhere near learning the levels by the end of the year! I'm hoping more games will be released, particularly avatar games.