Welcome to December with Advent Calendar and TDN!

hrtbrk

TDN welcomes you to the month of December alongside Neopets' Advent Calendar!

welcometo-dec.jpg

Links: Home | Battlepedia | Customization | Items Database | NeoAvatars | Forums

This month, we have these events:

• Advent Calendar begins on December 1st
  • Bruce Day on December 5th
  • Wocky Day on December 12th
  • Borovan Day on December 20th
  • Day of Giving on December 25th
  • Neopian New Year on December 31st/ January 1st

food_candy_cane.gifmall_giftbox_candycane.giftoy_stocking_candycane.gif

Other things to do: Dailies | Monthly Freebies | Faerie Crossword | Pet Transfers Advent Calendar

Happy December Everyone 

The Advent Calendar had some problems in the morning but it's been fixed

1st Day prizes were very underwhelming (I won't spoil it) ...

This year, the Hidden Item is the Snowglobe .. you can find it behind the Vandagyre shop vendor 

image.png.250e8fb8c9b063cbbc176d9412bb06d2.png <---- Click Here

image.png.0c5c898a20c9b961e4c84b4d584c78e4.png

On to the Monthly Freebies ..

Smoothie , Ham & Jalapenos are sensible choices

However I didn't know this was edible

The spindly plant reaches its stalks up to the sky towards the light.

Also This , ewww Sour Cream Hot Dog

Two hot dogs mixed in with a big helping of sour cream. Mmmmmmmm!

image.png.c8c96e2d27827e50200d3d5534cb94d1.png

I went through a frame at a time looking for likely things to click, I guessed right with the snowglobe. :D 

I got a Y10 advent calendar item as my freebie. X'D

image.png.bc57baa0235318a01e1e3e1d23799273.png

Now we get to play the game of Guess The Prize by the animation content. Underwhelming stuff for today, hopefully that's not setting the bar low at the very start of things! :arrowhead:

To be continued... 😮 How can we contain ourselves!!!

Sooo...

At a guess the Xwee pinched Brucey's watch and hid it under their hat, and is gonna pawn it so they can buy that pretty chain. :laugh:

OH! Freebies! Nearly forget!

image.png.cde5ea076bb0483c41d18938adbe8f43.pngimage.png.769b87500f2bcaba8cc71305e8288c92.png

Good first choice from Burfin there! 5 out of 6 entirely edible items here - minor difficulties with a steak that you need to catch so you can eat it but I have faith in you, Berry! I think I can predict where Stoopzy fish pop will end up though. :laugh:

awe this is one of my favorite stories as a child. The couple one with a beautiful watch and the other with beautiful hair wanted to purchase gifts for one another. With not a penny in their name the one sales his pocket watch to buy a brush set and the other sells their locks of hair to purchase a chain for the pocket watch. When they meet again they see the irony of the gifts and yet it shows just how far they would go to gift to their love. ❤️ 

2 hours ago, queen_hatshepset said:

awe this is one of my favorite stories as a child. The couple one with a beautiful watch and the other with beautiful hair wanted to purchase gifts for one another. With not a penny in their name the one sales his pocket watch to buy a brush set and the other sells their locks of hair to purchase a chain for the pocket watch. When they meet again they see the irony of the gifts and yet it shows just how far they would go to gift to their love. ❤️ 

😮 This is from a folk tale?? How charming! :D  We'll find out tomorrow, won't we!

5 hours ago, queen_hatshepset said:

that's immediately what i thought of!

also thanks for the psa about the snow globe, i completely forgot about it!!

16 hours ago, queen_hatshepset said:

awe this is one of my favorite stories as a child.

I thought that might be it ... it's one of my favorite stories as well ... i guess it's told in the same manner everywhere

I also like the story of the Father who could only afford one apple , gifted it to his wife .. who in turn gifted it to her son , who gave it to his little sister , who went and gifted it back to the father ...

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

I thought that might be it ... it's one of my favorite stories as well ... i guess it's told in the same manner everywhere

I also like the story of the Father who could only afford one apple , gifted it to his wife .. who in turn gifted it to her son , who gave it to his little sister , who went and gifted it back to the father ...

That's really sweet as well. I haven't come across either of those tales before!!

6 hours ago, Secre said:

I mean a fish cake!? What in the world!!

Totally not the kind of fishcake they were expecting. :laugh:

I forgot about the snowglobe! *scuttles back to calendar*

image.png.87d6408f911f4b6ad0943a4340cf5421.png

Well, that's a fascinating-looking book! xD

Thank you for the info about the story behind this animation! :D

On 12/1/2020 at 4:07 PM, Trea said:

It's not a folk tale.  It is the short story "The Gift of the Magi", by American writer O. Henry.  Always a favorite.

Yup, this is the story. ^_^ It is my absolute favorite. 

I hope everyone stays healthy and safe this holiday season! I love that it is December, the advent calendar is one of my favorite things to play!

And I've bit the bullet and bought my 25 pack Stocking Stufftacular pack. This had better be worth it... it was an eye watering price otherwise!!!

I also note that the advent calender isn't yet linked on the TDN dailies page?

9 minutes ago, Secre said:

This had better be worth it... it was an eye watering price otherwise!!!

Fingers crossed for ya!

Stufftacular's something I'm never gonna buy as it's basically ALL THE PUMPKINS x 1000000 X'D  Stuff is so... the only term I can come up with is aggressively festive. xD

Basically stuff like: let's take this perfectly useable winter item, and add some arbitrary red bows to everything! :lmaosmiley:

image.png.cd24cb25b631e135ad45a0b0cf2f43af.png This "festive tree house" for example. But I'd want to use that year-round, thankyousomuch >8[

So hoping fervently that there's some stuff in this year's that you're really happy with. 🤞

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Fingers crossed for ya!

Stufftacular's something I'm never gonna buy as it's basically ALL THE PUMPKINS x 1000000 X'D  Stuff is so... the only term I can come up with is aggressively festive. xD

Basically stuff like: let's take this perfectly useable winter item, and add some arbitrary red bows to everything! :lmaosmiley:

image.png.cd24cb25b631e135ad45a0b0cf2f43af.png This "festive tree house" for example. But I'd want to use that year-round, thankyousomuch >8[

So hoping fervently that there's some stuff in this year's that you're really happy with. 🤞

I'm working on the principle that I may be able to get some decent trading items from it as well. I have an entirely separate private list of items on DTI that I am hoping will increase in value once the period when everyone got them is over!

Yay, December! It`s the most wonderful time of the year! :D

This month I obviously look forward to the Advent Calendar every day, and Stocking Stufftacular! I love this holiday and the Christmas and New Years items are always so nice.

Bruce, Wocky and Ogrin have their pet days this month. None of which I am very excited about, but it`s always fun to see new colours and outfits.

image.png.183684dd111a4725e6ebbee0d9aa9a29.png

I like how today's snowglobe was bobbing on the water. :3

But, as I suspected...

If you ever wanted to know how Hanso got away with it every time... This was given out by the Advent Calendar in Y13.

This is yet nother old advent prize. facepalm.gif

Hey, it's been a while since I visited this forum site. Just wanted to say I hope everyone has a nice December. 🙂

31 minutes ago, MysteryAF said:

Hey, it's been a while since I visited this forum site. Just wanted to say I hope everyone has a nice December. 🙂

welcome back , please stay a while ^_^

btw does anyone else think the "art" in the advent animations this year is really weird ? the characters are square and look like Lego , especially Hubrid Nox .. 

9 hours ago, Angeló said:

btw does anyone else think the "art" in the advent animations this year is really weird ? the characters are square and look like Lego , especially Hubrid Nox .

It's definitely unique, isn't it! Today's made me laugh though xD

Well spotted!

You've found today's hidden item! As your reward, you've earned the following prize:

gif_advc2013_festshenlang.gif
Festive Shenkuu Lantern Garland

46 minutes ago, Angeló said:

they just took the food cannon and over-stuffed it

I'm actually just fine with that, if it was a wearable I'd be saying rude words right now, lol, but as a typical (meaning useless) advent calendar item this is fine. It is, at least, not your peak useless calendar item; as it's a toy, not a gift. Lookin' at YOU, Scrolls of King Hagan. >8[

I'm mildly disappointed in the Evil Tree Leaves Garland.  I get all exicted when there's anything leafy as a wearable, and was afraid this would have something visibly evil about it to limit my use of it, but yay it doesn't. Well, as long as you ignore this bit that definitely has a creepy hand vibe goin' on! image.png.6151f9220a9997fe91e70f188ade0c92.png But it's kind of insignificant when you try it out, could be useful for a spooky look though. :3

I'm quite confused by the focus on Hanso at the moment? The artist's style make him look like a hamster, too. xD