PSA: WARNING! NC Trading Scam!

Secre

PSA; Be aware of a cretin hijacking trades by neomail. CHECK THE UN CAREFULLY!!

I just got caught by newtgirlbutgotbetter who has hijacked a trade thread by a very similar named user. They are accepting trades from the original user by neomail and taking the GBC’s, but obviously not then sending the goods.

I have reported the user but be careful!

*I hate people. People suck.

EDIT: The real user is newtgrlbutigotbetter and is a perfectly legit account. Just make sure you check the UN... unlike me!

I am so sorry that this happened to you... on the bright side, not all people suck...! You for instance have been one huge help and reference for me to get back on track in Neopets, since I came back to play... so guess what - you are the silver lining!!

Just an optimistic mesage, think about rainbows, chocolate, sunsets and puppies, and forget about people who do not deserve any of your attention.

Have a good day!

11 hours ago, sweet_marta said:

I am so sorry that this happened to you... on the bright side, not all people suck...! You for instance have been one huge help and reference for me to get back on track in Neopets, since I came back to play... so guess what - you are the silver lining!!

Just an optimistic mesage, think about rainbows, chocolate, sunsets and puppies, and forget about people who do not deserve any of your attention.

Have a good day!

Aw, bless you! Thanks!! That's so sweet!!

I've put in a ticket hoping to get my GBC back this morning, but I'm not holding my breath!

Just now, Secre said:

Aw, bless you! Thanks!! That's so sweet!!

I've put in a ticket hoping to get my GBC back this morning, but I'm not holding my breath!

I was talking yesterday with a user named newtgrlbutigotbetter and was checking if she had some items that I was looking for... I didn't reply her yet and I'm glad I opened TDN before writting her. 

Now I am a bit confused. Which one is the real and which one is not? 

17 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

I was talking yesterday with a user named newtgrlbutigotbetter and was checking if she had some items that I was looking for... I didn't reply her yet and I'm glad I opened TDN before writting her. 

Now I am a bit confused. Which one is the real and which one is not? 

That ones the correct user - newtgrlbutigotbetter is fine. The user I got scammed by has the 'i' in a different place - newtgirlbutgotbetter. The actual user actually sent me the items even though I had sent the GBC to the wrong account, so they are a really decent person. I did obviously send her two GBC's as well, as it was my error rather than hers. 

*sigh* Some people do indeed suck -_______- I guess the fact that scammers are still active on it is a sign that Neopets is still relevant in the 21st century. :axehead:

I'm hopeful you'll get your stuff back, @Secreand this jerk will be frozen.

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

*sigh* Some people do indeed suck -_______- I guess the fact that scammers are still active on it is a sign that Neopets is still relevant in the 21st century. :axehead:

I'm hopeful you'll get your stuff back, @Secreand this jerk will be frozen.

They've been frozen now... but I suspect they are just creating new accounts based on who they are trying to scam from at the time. That name was too close by far to be a coincidence...!

4 hours ago, Secre said:

They've been frozen now... but I suspect they are just creating new accounts based on who they are trying to scam from at the time. That name was too close by far to be a coincidence...!

With any luck TNT has a means to keep an eye on them from the staff side of things. Though maybe not considering how old the site is, I dunno if stuff like IPs bans are even relevant any more.