The Things We Do For Neopets...

Secre

I've spent the day prepping for next years CC, buying random items at cheap prices. I think I must have picked up about 1500 items today...

What strange, random and unexplainable things have you been doing for neopets?!

Ooooh, buying for CC... I've learnt my lesson with regard to that x'D I mean it wasn't my worst fear that came true; that was them disallowing sticky snowballs altogether, but the massive nerf was bad enough. :axehead:

I'm full-on back into collecting stuff for it from my dailies though. Yesterday I was lucky enough to visit the money tree whilst someone was doing a game prize dump and I got no less that 8 battlecards, so 32 poins, right there. 😎

I can't tolerate Cheat for long enough to win any of those myself. I'd be screamin' at the screen xD

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Ooooh, buying for CC... I've learnt my lesson with regard to that x'D I mean it wasn't my worst fear that came true; that was them disallowing sticky snowballs altogether, but the massive nerf was bad enough. :axehead:

I'm full-on back into collecting stuff for it from my dailies though. Yesterday I was lucky enough to visit the money tree whilst someone was doing a game prize dump and I got no less that 8 battlecards, so 32 poins, right there. 😎

I can't tolerate Cheat for long enough to win any of those myself. I'd be screamin' at the screen xD

I've been buying a wide variety of 6 point, 4 point and 2 point items with seperate runs on 1 point junk. So I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket by any means!!

I work on 300np max for 6 points, 200np for 4 points, 30np for 2 points and 10np for 1 point items. The 1 and 2 point items are far more cost effective therefore... but boy is it more time consuming!! 

I bought quite a few 4 point cards for between 80-200np yesterday... which was certainly more time effective than playing the game in the first place!!

I'm currently in the process of making up a spreadsheet of items in my SDB for CC, so I can monitor my expected points providing there are no additional bombshells next year. This event has caught my obsessive side, I must admit!!

I have many spreadsheets for it too, lol. I am taking a small gamble and mass buying the blue hairbrush from the general store. You can get 100 in a minute if you get the refresh/enter tapping correct. If they disallow those items, well, didn't cost that much and I currently have thousands . I donate 1 pointers, sell the 6-8 ones. I find six sells better than 8 so that's what I hoard.

18 hours ago, jaydeed said:

I have many spreadsheets for it too, lol. I am taking a small gamble and mass buying the blue hairbrush from the general store. You can get 100 in a minute if you get the refresh/enter tapping correct. If they disallow those items, well, didn't cost that much and I currently have thousands . I donate 1 pointers, sell the 6-8 ones. I find six sells better than 8 so that's what I hoard.

If I end up with enough points in 1-2 point items, I may do the same with selling 6 point items depending on the prize shop of course as well. Once I've got all of the items input on a spreadsheet, I can start to play to figure out how many points I have within the individual point brackets. 

I quite like browsing the shops - I'll search for an item and then run down all of the shops that come within my price bracket for other items. It's slightly less tedious than hitting the same item thousands of times and means I have a wide spread of different items to put in!

Ok, so I'm on page 27 of 43 or so.. and have 12,000 odd points if the points stay the same. And that doesn't include my stock of healing potions which are on a later page. You'd hardly believe that I only got rid of all my junk less than a month ago, would you!???

I wonder if I've got an untapped lode or two in my SDB that I didn't get to during CC, I know I didn't clear everything...

OOOH! Just realised! If CC does happen again, we could have those SDB upgrades that Gutterfoot/van doodle have mentioned; those delightful sort by rarity and quantity options!!! 😮

So what I'm doing right now - trawling through page-by-page - will be completely redundant! :D:D:D 

On 11/20/2020 at 8:23 PM, jellysundae said:

I wonder if I've got an untapped lode or two in my SDB that I didn't get to during CC, I know I didn't clear everything...

OOOH! Just realised! If CC does happen again, we could have those SDB upgrades that Gutterfoot/van doodle have mentioned; those delightful sort by rarity and quantity options!!! 😮

So what I'm doing right now - trawling through page-by-page - will be completely redundant! :D:D:D 

That would be useful indeed - although, I have so many items that I'd end up going page by page anyway I suspect. 

The scary thing is that I did clear everything - with the exception of my few dailies goodies that I made in the final few days of CC when I'd already decided I was happy with my loot!! So these 12,000 odd points? They are all new buys/gains. I've spent at least a few days solely trawling through people's junk!!!

23 hours ago, jellysundae said:

AAARGH, what you done to me, @Secre!

I've just caught myself contemplating buying some 4-point omelettes. :axehead:

:laugh:

Hah, well I went on a 4 point hunt yesterday with omelettes and cards etc. I also got slightly further in my documenting of points in my spreadsheet. I still have pages of SDB to go through and I'm now at a whopping 22,208 points... which again, says a lot about my obsessive tendencies really....!

1 hour ago, Secre said:

Hah, well I went on a 4 point hunt yesterday with omelettes and cards etc. I also got slightly further in my documenting of points in my spreadsheet. I still have pages of SDB to go through and I'm now at a whopping 22,208 points... which again, says a lot about my obsessive tendencies really....!

Neopets is there to fully enable our obsessive tendencies, and I'm totally on board with that xD

I went through my SDB and sadly I didn't have any untapped caches of rares that I'd not used, so that was complete wishful thinking on my part. xD

Well, that may not be entirely accurate, I did find 173 bagguss, and I don't think I've accummulated quite that many of those naturally since CC ended. :laugh:

I'm up to 30k of items already so I hear you! I have a huge list of cheap r80s and r90s, pared down to about ten really well known ones in each category that I concentrate on. Plus, Pawkeet Pinatas! Ten a day are easy to crack and the payoff in points is great. 6 in 10 have an r90, plus a few r80s guaranteed, and the pinata itself is only an r80 so it's win/win!

1 hour ago, jaydeed said:

Plus, Pawkeet Pinatas! Ten a day are easy to crack and the payoff in points is great. 6 in 10 have an r90, plus a few r80s guaranteed, and the pinata itself is only an r80 so it's win/win!

Ever since you first mentioned these guys I've always opened any that I get. :D

grabbed one from the Money tree a few days ago and got an r80 and two very rares from it. :D

4 hours ago, jaydeed said:

...and even then some just will not break for ages, lol.

QUOTED. FOR. TRUTH!

:laugh:

I've got into the habit of giving each pet 5 whacks at it, and have got to the last one before it finally breaks xD

Initially I wondered if your pet's strength had any impact; but seeing as it's taking my BD pet over 20 attempts on his own, but for another one my weakest pet took just 3, I've since changed my mind about that, LOL.