Happy Pteri Day!

hrtbrk

As a colour, Sponge is pretty boring and pointless to me, they looked cool and unique before the conversion, but the yellow ones always look like cheese to me.

The outfit... uhm.. *stifles giggles* I literally asked "What the hell is that?" out loud to myself when I opened the News today, it took me a second to figure out if it was clothes or a new paint brush colour, haha! In my opinion, they should have done a Tyrannian Pteri (they did make a Tyrannian Grarrl after all) rather than making a clothing set that`s supposed to be in a Tyrannian style, yet matches nothing of what we`ve already seen Tyrannian inhabitants wear. Especially with the wig and beard it just looks weird. You could use the jacket/tunic and the shoes for a Meridellian peasant look, maybe.

What in the actual heck?? Just... techo_red_laugh.gif

Having a moustache ON TOP of the beak's a lovely bit of inexplicable bizarreness.

kiko_red_laugh.gif I think we can safely assume that this stuff was NOT done by the good new artist!

Sponge is a bit of a throw away PB colour for a lot of pets, isn't it. It really is very good-looking cheese on this Pteri, or, I dunno, leprosy, mebbe. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Having a moustache ON TOP of the beak's a lovely bit of inexplicable bizarreness.

I was so caught up in the wearable shag rug that I didn't even realise the implication of moustache placement 😂

1 hour ago, CoconutDragon said:

I was so caught up in the wearable shag rug that I didn't even realise the implication of moustache placement 😂

I think, this entire outfit, is basically what happens when you leave a kid alone in a room with said shag rug, and a big pair of scissors. :laugh:

Yeah, I completely agree with the cheese assessment of this colour... and I'm not sure what happened with that outfit. Are we back to the conspiracy theory that one of the designers has a kid they let loose on the designs every now and again??

And now I've seen the mustache thing, I can't unsee it!!

5 hours ago, Secre said:

Are we back to the conspiracy theory that one of the designers has a kid they let loose on the designs every now and again??

Yes x'D

5 hours ago, Secre said:

And now I've seen the mustache thing, I can't unsee it!!

And my work here is done. 😎

On 11/10/2020 at 2:13 AM, aleu1986 said:

they should have done a Tyrannian Pteri

don't we have a tyrannian pteri? i could have sworn...

4.png

yeah! its not my favourite tyrannian pet, a bit too airbrushed for my liking, but its better than this $5 cousin itt cosplay.

i like the outfit concept in theory, but... something about that extremely detailed fur on top of a very plainly-texture paint job is just tipping it straight into the uncanny valley. i imagine that the clothing could be used well with the right paint job, but the wig and facial hair are, i think, best resigned to the rag heap.

the sponge paint job is pretty cute, no complaints there. it does look like cheese! but that's true of all the other yellow sponges, and the art style itself perfect, just the right amount of detail with nice crisp lines and a good colour palette.

1 hour ago, berriganify said:

don't we have a tyrannian pteri? i could have sworn...

4.png

yeah! its not my favourite tyrannian pet, a bit too airbrushed for my liking, but its better than this $5 cousin itt cosplay.

Oh, I forgot that we already had one! :D It looks pretty good, definitely better than the outfit version, ha!