Is Kou-Jong Broken?

WhiteWolf

For two days, I''ve tried to play my usual Kou-Jong, but to no avail. It loads as far as the main title page, and that's it.  When you click PLAY, all I get is a gray screen. Is Kou-Jong the first flash game to leave us?

12 hours ago, jaydeed said:

Coudl be you need to enable flash in your browser and then refresh.

I updated my adobe flash earlier  today.  I tried to play the game again, but it didn't work.  Aside from uninstalling and reinstalling my AdBlock, does anyone else have a suggestion?

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

does anyone else have a suggestion?

If you're seeing this:image.thumb.png.e00920eb35ae4b0446f280a5ef6052d1.png

what you need to do is enable flash in your browser. It disables itself every time you restart your browser, unfortunately. Click here:

image.png.690578d89a9eb375176d01dc4139c598.png

image.png.91ab6f09fa3a1a04c69dd93399ff7104.png

and change 'Flash' to 'Allow', then reload the page. If that doesn't work, then you might want to contact support.

To anyone with uBlock Origin, you can use Dynamic Filtering (available when you check the "I am an advanced user (required reading)" option on the uBlock Origin settings menu) to greenlight requests from cdn.playwire.com if you're getting a grey screen on Neopets games if the standard enable Flash method doesn't work. Here's the guide for to enable Dynamic Filtering on uBlock Origin.

I'll post a step-by-step process on how I did it for those having the grey screen error on Neopets games caused by uBlock Origin.

1. Click on the uBlock Origin icon on your browser's extensions bar and open the dashboard.
2. Checkmark the box for the "I am an advanced user (required reading)" option in the uBlock Origin settings menu. This will enable Dynamic Filtering.
3. Go to any game page on Neopets where you're receiving a grey screen, click on the uBlock Origin icon on your browser's extension bar, keep clicking "More" until you see a list of websites appear on the left of the uBlock Origin mini window.
4. While you have the website list on the left open, press the Ctrl key twice to make the Allow option available.
5. While you have the Allow option enabled, scroll down through the list of websites until you find "cdn.playwire.com" (or playwire.com if cdn.playwire.com won't appear), and turn the second box (the one with a minus symbol in it) green by clicking on the left side of it. Doing so will allow requests from cdn.playwire.com (or playwire.com if cdn.playwire.com won't appear) to go through on Neopets. You can also make the first box green to allow cdn.playwire.com (or playwire.com if cdn.playwire.com won't appear) requests on all sites if that's what you want.
6. IMPORTANT!: Don't forget to click on the lock icon that's left of the power symbol of the uBlock Origin window to make your changes permanent (they'll be temporary if you don't and you have do the process again). After you made your changes permanent, refresh the page.
7. After you did all that, you should be play Flash games et al on Neopets again.

If that doesn't resolve things, allow/greenlight cookies and requests from cdn.playwire.com on any other extensions you have (Privacy Badger for example) that can cause issues throughout select sites. Happy gaming!

EDIT: I'm taking back what I said earlier with these complex instructions I posted, I apologize tenfold. An easier alternate fix is found here (works for both uBlock Origin and Adblock Plus users): 

On 10/11/2020 at 11:45 PM, CoconutDragon said:

If you're seeing this:image.thumb.png.e00920eb35ae4b0446f280a5ef6052d1.png

what you need to do is enable flash in your browser. It disables itself every time you restart your browser, unfortunately. Click here:

image.png.690578d89a9eb375176d01dc4139c598.png

image.png.91ab6f09fa3a1a04c69dd93399ff7104.png

and change 'Flash' to 'Allow', then reload the page. If that doesn't work, then you might want to contact support.

At the risk of sounding like a noob, how do I do that if I'm on Firefox?

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

At the risk of sounding like a noob, how do I do that if I'm on Firefox?

It's been a grip since I've used Firefox, so I'm not 100%, but maybe try this: https://support.digication.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003926487-Enabling-Flash-for-Mozilla-Firefox-Windows-Macintosh

3 hours ago, CoconutDragon said:

It's been a grip since I've used Firefox, so I'm not 100%, but maybe try this: https://support.digication.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003926487-Enabling-Flash-for-Mozilla-Firefox-Windows-Macintosh

I tried that, but it didn't work for me. I do appreciate your help though.

@WhiteWolf Sorry to bother, but by any chance, are you using uBlock Origin as your adblocker? I posted some instructions to get Flash Games on Neopets working again for uBlock Origin users without taking the risk of uninstalling and reinstalling uBlock Origin a few posts ago. I had this issue myself just yesterday.

MAJOR EDIT: I found an easier fix that'll work for not only uBlock Origin users, but for Adblock Plus users too. Found right in this post linker here: 

On 10/12/2020 at 5:43 PM, Tedhaun said:

To anyone with uBlock Origin, you can use Dynamic Filtering (available when you check the "I am an advanced user (required reading)" option on the uBlock Origin settings menu) to greenlight requests from cdn.playwire.com if you're getting a grey screen on Neopets games if the standard enable Flash method doesn't work. Here's the guide for to enable Dynamic Filtering on uBlock Origin.

I'll post a step-by-step process on how I did it for those having the grey screen error on Neopets games caused by uBlock Origin.

1. Click on the uBlock Origin icon on your browser's extensions bar and open the dashboard.
2. Checkmark the box for the "I am an advanced user (required reading)" option in the uBlock Origin settings menu. This will enable Dynamic Filtering.
3. Go to any game page on Neopets where you're receiving a grey screen, click on the uBlock Origin icon on your browser's extension bar, keep clicking "More" until you see a list of websites appear on the left of the uBlock Origin mini window.
4. While you have the website list on the left open, press the Ctrl key twice to make the Allow option available.
5. While you have the Allow option enabled, scroll down through the list of websites until you find "cdn.playwire.com", and turn the second box (the one with a minus symbol in it) green by clicking on the left side of it. Doing so will allow requests from cdn.playwire.com to go through on Neopets. You can also make the first box green to allow cdn.playwire.com requests on all sites if that's what you want.
6. IMPORTANT!: Don't forget to click on the lock icon that's left of the power symbol of the uBlock Origin window to make your changes permanent (they'll be temporary if you don't and you have do the process again). After you made your changes permanent, refresh the page.
7. After you did all that, you should be play Flash games et al on Neopets again.

If that doesn't resolve things, allow/greenlight cookies and requests from cdn.playwire.com on any other extensions you have (Privacy Badger for example) that can cause issues throughout select sites. Happy gaming!

I use Adblock plus and adblocker. any instructions for those?

On 10/12/2020 at 6:43 PM, Tedhaun said:

5. While you have the Allow option enabled, scroll down through the list of websites until you find "cdn.playwire.com", and turn the second box (the one with a minus symbol in it) green by clicking on the left side of it. Doing so will allow requests from cdn.playwire.com to go through on Neopets. You can also make the first box green to allow cdn.playwire.com requests on all sites if that's what you want.

hey i just ran into this problem recently and followed these instructions. it currently looks like the attached image in my ublock settings but i'm still getting the grey box problem. i have adblock and adblockplus disabled for the moment until i can troubleshoot how to whitelist playwire in those correctly so they aren't the ones blocking it. is there something else in the ublock settings i need to do to fix this?

ublocksettings.PNG

@mokusei4  I was checking around the Neoboards, and one user from this thread suggests adding this to your My Filters list on your uBlock Origin if you still have trouble getting Flash games to work on Neopets:

@@||cdn.playwire.com/bolt/js/zeus/embed.js

@SimplyTragic If you go to your AdBlock Plus settings, click on "Advanced", scroll down until you see "My Filter Lists", copy the above code and paste it in the text box that says "Search or add filter(s) (e.g. /ads/track/*).", and you should be good to go. I had to install Adblock Plus and replicate this for myself.

@Angeló Thanks for the alternative route for those not getting cdn.playwire.com appearing on the website list.

I apologize for all the ruckus and confusion from earlier, and I'm taking back the more complex fix I posted Monday and redirecting everyone here to this post for the quicker fix.

1 hour ago, Tedhaun said:

@mokusei4  I was checking around the Neoboards, and one user from this thread suggests adding this to your My Filters list on your uBlock Origin if you still have trouble getting Flash games to work on Neopets:

@@||cdn.playwire.com/bolt/js/zeus/embed.js

@SimplyTragic If you go to your AdBlock Plus settings, click on "Advanced", scroll down until you see "My Filter Lists", copy the above code and paste it in the text box that says "Search or add filter(s) (e.g. /ads/track/*).", and you should be good to go. I had to install Adblock Plus and replicate this for myself.

@Angeló Thanks for the alternative route for those not getting cdn.playwire.com appearing on the website list.

I apologize for all the ruckus and confusion from earlier, and I'm taking back the more complex fix I posted Monday and redirecting everyone here to this post for the quicker fix.

thank you for all the help so far. it doesn't appear that this helps in any of my adblockers when i test them individually. i also tried the solution in this thread (http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=160785279) of going through the logger and nothing seems to change either, although both playwire rows were already in green.

closed out and refreshed the browser, cleared the cache as well just in case. no dice u_u

oops! i forgot that closing the browser resets the flash settings. this works actually thank you!

• 2 years later...

It's now 2002 and for me, this game still will not play. Flash is long gone. Using Ruffle to play flash games. This particular game still does not wok. Anyone found a solution?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not bump topics that are very old, please create a new topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED.

• Duma locked this topic