Happy Skeith Day!

hrtbrk

These are both pretty solid. Some aspects of Stealthy look kinda weird (like the facecloth not totally covering its lower face, or the texture on the shoes) but it's a good design overall.

The outfit is super rad; I honestly thought it was a new Royal paint colour cus of how high quality it is.

5 hours ago, Duskitty said:

the texture on the shoes

Those shoes tho... lines that don't follow the curve of the limb beneath them, is that the problem?  Maybe they just needed more shading, they almost work but they look thin, they look like a shoe that's missing its sole, but then armour does look like that so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ *stares at it some more* Hmm, yeah I'm still feeling it's the shading; it's been done like it's footwear constructed from a single piece of material, like a Wellington boot. This is an articulated shoe, each part should be shaded with a bit more definition to show that, I think that would have helped. They're just kinda naff and that's all there is to it. xD

I have a look through DTI to see if anyone had managed armoured footwear better before, but it's looking like no-one's attempted it. Maybe for good reason. xD

The big thing will be how much does the outfit break up, won't it. Wonder if that's testable yet... *checks* Ooh, as usual I really like the base colour. Oh, haha, and the stealthy eyes being the shade they are means trying the bloodshot eyes contacts on just creates a look of empty eye sockets. xD

image.png.e6b1f85d50795e57c571c4b997e77f4b.png but look a little closer... image.png.882cab92862778d9be624fa807626914.pngcreeeepy. xD

Ah, right, yes, items check...

OH!

image.png.49e1d92e2bb8b5ad8052a225e9815eb1.png

NOICE!

That's how paintbrush items should be!

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

image.png.49e1d92e2bb8b5ad8052a225e9815eb1.png

NOICE!

That's how paintbrush items should be!

That is a LOT of items for just one paintbrush! I suppose it makes sense for the Skeith since they do have a lot of body parts to cover, and Stealthy designs are rather complex to begin with.

That outfit made me say "Well, hello Jafar" out loud, lol! It just made me think of the live-action version of Jafar from Aladdin, haha! I do agree that it could have been a Royal outfit!

Not a fan of Skeiths or Stealthy, but it`s a solid colour that always seem to have effort put into it. I really, really love and appreciate that they`ve broken the outfit up into many different pieces - of the details of the outfit I like the protection on the tail spikes and the wings. The pattern on the trousers looks odd, like they have been sewn together. it looks like large seams to me.

11 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

The pattern on the trousers looks odd, like they have been sewn together. it looks like large seams to me.

i dig it, no sense in wasting all those smaller patches of leather when you can combine them. that is a good point though, usually the seams would be very tiny to make it more waterproof. it's probably just to make it more visible. still, i really like stuff like that, same as having armour and weapons show signs of repair.

and that tail guard is just sooooo edgy, i love it. shoes are definitely a little weird, though. like they were going for sabatons but forgot that there should be a whole foot *and* a boot inside

3 hours ago, berriganify said:

and that tail guard is just sooooo edgy, i love it.

Isn't it just! I can see a LOT of cross-painting going on to get that and the wing armour.

I'm assuming the nasty recent habit of paint brush stuff ending up being an all-in-one is down to time constraints, so I'm always super-pleased when it doesn't happen.

3 hours ago, berriganify said:

sabatons

What dis? *googles*

image.png.ee0baf06f3602ae3afd8ab6a798f1d4d.png

Oh yeah! That's definitely what they were going for, isn't it!

Both the colour and the outfit work really well, although not tempting me to get a Skeith. 

I second the comment about cross painting to get that tail though! I think others may cross paint the other way to get the dark base colour which would work well with other clothes as well!!