Charity Corner: Final Points and Prizes

Secre

So, we are coming to the end of this turbulent and rather chaos filled Charity Corner and so it is nearly time to tot up our total points and choose our final prizes.

I have 'finished' with a grand total of 17,600 points and 30 NC badges, although a handful more points may be added by dint of Icy Snowballs and Battledome prizes etc in the coming week.

With that in mind, I have run a few basic calculations on worth of prizes vs points spent. By dividing the current worth of the prizes in np by the number of points they cost, you can see a basic value scale as to what is worth the most and the least:

Foreground: 152

Necklace: 160

Hegie: 148

Stamp: 122

Background: 146

Sword: 120

So the stamp and the sword are the items with the worst value for points, perhaps because that's what everyone leaps for. The Hegie and the Background are in the middle and the Foreground and the Necklace take the top spots.

(As an aside, most of the lower tier prizes have under 100 'points', the plushie is at 84, the book at 45, the espresso at 36. The comb and the feast are actually the better low tier bets at 105 and 120 respectively.)

On the NC side, you are likely better off trading for the items. All of last years CC items are worth a measley 1-2 caps on Waka and I can't see that changing for this year. I already traded one capsule to get the 12 point wig. If you have worthless NC items to burn, then it's just going to be a matter of preference over value from what I can see.

Once I have determined exactly how my points are to be spent, I will update accordingly!

This event may rank right up there for one of the biggest disasters TNT's managed so far, but it has definitely kept people occupied!

A lot more maths going on on Neopets than usual. 😅

Well, I've jumped. I figure I'll make profit on any Icy's I now buy and any Battledome stuff I pick up rather than spending it on points. I'll only be able to afford the lowest tier items now anyway, so selling the 6 point items is quicker and easier!!

I've gone for the Hegie and the Stamp for me, then bought a handful of foregrounds, necklaces and an extra Hegie for resale. Already sold one foreground!

For the NC side of things; I really wanted the Pathway of Shells and Underwater Castle Background. I've then grabbed the Snorkelling Background and the Tropical Flowers Foireground with my remaining badges. I might see if I can find a decent trade for the Tropical Forest Background at some point, but it's not urgent. The ones I really liked were the shells and the underwater castle.

Okay, but how is the stamp that low? I figured those would be higher demand than a foreground... and the foreground and necklace seem risky because they're gonna get over-saturated. I might go 3 backgrounds and 3 stamps, but I'm not totally sure yet. Trying not to flood the market with too many of them, cause then they won't sell and the demand will go down.

How are you coming to those points per value numbers? Do you have SSW, or are you basing it off of JN Database? Cause JN Database is way off on most of them now that the market's flooded.

34 minutes ago, MysteryAF said:

Okay, but how is the stamp that low? I figured those would be higher demand than a foreground... and the foreground and necklace seem risky because they're gonna get over-saturated. I might go 3 backgrounds and 3 stamps, but I'm not totally sure yet. Trying not to flood the market with too many of them, cause then they won't sell and the demand will go down.

How are you coming to those points per value numbers? Do you have SSW, or are you basing it off of JN Database? Cause JN Database is way off on most of them now that the market's flooded.

Yes, I've got SSW so I was working off the lowest price on the market for them at that point. I just took the lowest possible value - as that's where I tend to sell at and divided it by the number of points the prize was worth in the shop.

I suspect the stamp is so low because everyone put their points into it - stamps are known for their trading value, so it was the item most people leapt for. So the market got oversaturated quickly and the price has deflated in response.

The weapon is probably low because the demand for it is low - it isn't a great weapon so it is only there as a collectors piece in honesty.

I saw the background sell in someone's shop for 318k NP, and all the stamps are going for much less. I'm just gonna get a bunch of backgrounds and hope mine sell for the same price point. I won't be too bummed out about missing out on NPs cause I nearly didn't participate in this event in the first place.

Looks like my strategy of spending the points as I went worked out for me. I made a little over 3 million neopoints thus far because I obtained then sold the prizes before they deflated. I'm down to my 1 point items, and expect to be able to afford one or two more prizes. The petpet was so cute that I swapped out a petpet I'd spent many neopoints on to attach it to my acara. Now I have a maractite vullard to sell 🙂 

The foregrounds were definitely a decent buy - I've sold 3 already!!!

9 minutes ago, Sciurus carolinensis said:

Looks like my strategy of spending the points as I went worked out for me. I made a little over 3 million neopoints thus far because I obtained then sold the prizes before they deflated. I'm down to my 1 point items, and expect to be able to afford one or two more prizes. The petpet was so cute that I swapped out a petpet I'd spent many neopoints on to attach it to my acara. Now I have a maractite vullard to sell 🙂 

I was tempted, but wanted to see how my points totalled out before leaping. As I had done no prior planning at all!!

2 hours ago, MysteryAF said:

I saw the background sell in someone's shop for 318k NP, and all the stamps are going for much less. I'm just gonna get a bunch of backgrounds and hope mine sell for the same price point. I won't be too bummed out about missing out on NPs cause I nearly didn't participate in this event in the first place.

the foreground honestly seems a hot seller at the moment!

3 hours ago, Secre said:

foreground and necklace seem risky because they're gonna get over-saturated.

It took me way longer to sell the necklace than any other wearable. I think the best bets right now are the background and just selling snowballs, which are still going like hotcakes.

17 hours ago, Secre said:

So, we are coming to the end of this turbulent and rather chaos filled Charity Corner and so it is nearly time to tot up our total points and choose our final prizes.

I have 'finished' with a grand total of 17,600 points and 30 NC badges, although a handful more points may be added by dint of Icy Snowballs and Battledome prizes etc in the coming week.

With that in mind, I have run a few basic calculations on worth of prizes vs points spent. By dividing the current worth of the prizes in np by the number of points they cost, you can see a basic value scale as to what is worth the most and the least:

Foreground: 152

Necklace: 160

Hegie: 148

Stamp: 122

Background: 146

Sword: 120

So the stamp and the sword are the items with the worst value for points, perhaps because that's what everyone leaps for. The Hegie and the Background are in the middle and the Foreground and the Necklace take the top spots.

Thanks for doing the maths on this. Going through my SDB is just so slow and tedious that I likely won't donate enough to get both the stamp and the background. Now I can see that I should use my points on the background and buy the stamp for NPs! 

14 hours ago, CoconutDragon said:

It took me way longer to sell the necklace than any other wearable. I think the best bets right now are the background and just selling snowballs, which are still going like hotcakes.

I've sold three necklaces, two Hegies and three foregrounds right now... just to see if I can sell my final three necklaces!! I am also still buying Icy's and selling them as well.

13 hours ago, Nielo said:

We still have like 6 days of the event left though, right? It was supposed to run until the 24th, but they extended it until the 28th. At least, that's what it says on the news page (and on JellyNeo).

Yep, it finishes on the 28th. I've just run out of things to donate in honesty and I'm unlikely to stockade enough for any more high level prizes now.

3 hours ago, protego_totalum16 said:

Thanks for doing the maths on this. Going through my SDB is just so slow and tedious that I likely won't donate enough to get both the stamp and the background. Now I can see that I should use my points on the background and buy the stamp for NPs! 

Not a problem - I was keen to see which items I could buy that would have the largest np sale overall, and it made sense to share!!

I ended up getting about 2500 points. Tbh the only prize I liked was the foreground, so I got that for my maraquan pet and the tier 3 capsule while the rates were swapped with the tier 1 capsule (didnt get anything good anyway though). Im pretty much done, just donating junk I get from dailies now until its over.

7 hours ago, SnowGura said:

I ended up getting about 2500 points. Tbh the only prize I liked was the foreground, so I got that for my maraquan pet and the tier 3 capsule while the rates were swapped with the tier 1 capsule (didnt get anything good anyway though). Im pretty much done, just donating junk I get from dailies now until its over.

I'm saving the low point items for next year now and selling the higher point items like Icy's and Battledome drops for the inflated prices.

I'm not CCing any more now. I've spent all my points bar 3, lol. I bought one last tier 1 cap and got a hot dog out of it... X'D

Out of 31k points I spent some on items mostly for myself, plus about 3 Hegies as those l'il guys are CUTE. The rest went on caps. Out of about 50 tier 1 caps I got a whopping 3 ultra rares, hahaha.

I didn't find opening the caps as enjoyable as I'd thought I was going to, maybe because buying them was a little tedious - even if you could just shut down the "thanks" box to prevent the page refreshing, unlike in the AC prize shop! - but I think also because you really didn't get many compared to previous CCs with this method because you had to donate three times the items for the same result.

But I'm hopeful that CC will be back, and with perks once again, next year. Of course WHEN is very much down to fate... there was me thinking "oh hey, no perks to expire so the next one could be after Easter again!". Then, "whoa whoa, slow down there girl... flash conversion stuff's undoubedly going to interfere with next year's events just as much as this!". So I'll just go back to stock-piling Dailies stuff as per usual, and wait to see what happens!

21 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I'm not CCing any more now. I've spent all my points bar 3, lol. I bought one last tier 1 cap and got a hot dog out of it... X'D

Out of 31k points I spent some on items mostly for myself, plus about 3 Hegies as those l'il guys are CUTE. The rest went on caps. Out of about 50 tier 1 caps I got a whopping 3 ultra rares, hahaha.

I didn't find opening the caps as enjoyable as I'd thought I was going to, maybe because buying them was a little tedious - even if you could just shut down the "thanks" box to prevent the page refreshing, unlike in the AC prize shop! - but I think also because you really didn't get many compared to previous CCs with this method because you had to donate three times the items for the same result.

But I'm hopeful that CC will be back, and with perks once again, next year. Of course WHEN is very much down to fate... there was me thinking "oh hey, no perks to expire so the next one could be after Easter again!". Then, "whoa whoa, slow down there girl... flash conversion stuff's undoubedly going to interfere with next year's events just as much as this!". So I'll just go back to stock-piling Dailies stuff as per usual, and wait to see what happens!

I stayed well away from the capsules! I wanted my hard earned points to have a definite reward!!

It's worth noting that my points tallies are incorrect now - the stamp and the background are trading at about 400,000np, making them better bets now than the foreground and the background which are both hovering around 190,000-195,000np. There isn't a lot in it, but the values have changed slightly since I did my calculations!

31 minutes ago, Secre said:

the stamp and the background are trading at about 400,000np

Mebbe I should donate a little more then... I dunno if I can be bothered. X'D

I know we still have like three more days but I think I'm gonna call it

screenshot-www.neopets.com-2020_09.25-18_42_35.png.c66c23e55fd265e722e46f0b018d1a03.png

I got doubles or more for most of them except the capsules because........well they really haven't paid off for anyone have they?? I donated 7438 not sure I have it in me to continue three more days

10 hours ago, aaml said:

well they really haven't paid off for anyone have they??

They certainly haven't xD I donated enough yesterday to buy another stamp, but I'm not doing any more.

This way of doing the donation method is a lot more inclusive than the previous one though, gotta give 'em that. I mean in theory it is... this way the rarity of the item you get back depends solely on which cap you buy, not if you have the rares to donate. So it's entirely down to how much stuff you have to give. Quantity over quality I guess! Obviously the numbers for this event haven't worked at all, but I think I like the general method.

I thought I was done for ... but then I found another gold-mine in my SDB : HEALING POTIONS 

I got me a second stamp ... as I still refuse to buy the Swords ... but the Stamp is still going strong on the ShopWiz

I still have 274 of those potions but I put them back in my SDB

I will donate 25 more points tomorrow to make it a round number (17650) and on the final day and buy one final feast to celebrate 

Total Prize Points Earned: 17,625
Prize Points Left: 0
Prize Points Spent: 17,625

On 9/24/2020 at 4:48 AM, Secre said:

I'm saving the low point items for next year now and selling the higher point items like Icy's and Battledome drops for the inflated prices.

It's smart to save for next year! Personally I like to use my SDB as a place to store my favorite items, so it bothers me when there's extra stuff in it unless its absolutely necessary. If the SDB could be organized into different groups though... that'd be a different story. 

5 hours ago, SnowGura said:

It's smart to save for next year! Personally I like to use my SDB as a place to store my favorite items, so it bothers me when there's extra stuff in it unless its absolutely necessary. If the SDB could be organized into different groups though... that'd be a different story. 

I used to do that with my SDB before I realized just how hard that was to do and with CC so now I just put my favorite things on a side to hold onto so I don't accidentally get rid of them or something.

6 hours ago, CoconutDragon said:

I switched from points to selling snowballs at the beginning of the week, but hopefully this is enough for a gold trophy!  Wish I'd saved my stamps to sell until now though 😅

I always forget trophies are involved with CC I hope you get that gold! CC is a lot of work after all 

1 hour ago, aaml said:

I used to do that with my SDB before I realized just how hard that was to do and with CC so now I just put my favorite things on a side to hold onto so I don't accidentally get rid of them or something.

That's smart too! I made a side a while ago for extra pets, but I was always too nervous to use it in case I accidentally broke a rule and got frozen o__o;; I feel like eventually I'll do something like that though, I like having a place to dump junk.

20 hours ago, SnowGura said:

That's smart too! I made a side a while ago for extra pets, but I was always too nervous to use it in case I accidentally broke a rule and got frozen o__o;; I feel like eventually I'll do something like that though, I like having a place to dump junk.

Yeah there are a lot of rules but I'm pretty sure that is something thats fine to do...I really should go over rules cause honestly I don't know all of them either