Enter the Runway #110!

Nielo

If you're new to the contest, or simply want a reminder of the rules, they can be found right here. If you want to send me a screenshot of your entry (instead of the image DTI provides) but don't know how, check out this guide.

Current theme: Kitschy Kacheek
Description: Dress up a Kacheek in a kitschy* style.
Entering period: Monday, September 21 - Sunday, September 27
Voting period: Monday, September 28 - Sunday, October 4

*I'm honestly not sure if there is a strict definition of "kitschy", or if it's more "in the eye of the beholder", so this is probably a pretty broad theme.

Anyway, if you have any questions about this round, or the Runway in general, just post them here, or send me a message. :smile:  

Kitschy: (of art, objects, or design) considered to be in poor taste because of excessive garishness or sentimentality, but sometimes appreciated in an ironic or knowing way.

So essentially the complete opposite of 'Living With Less' ironically!!

2 hours ago, Secre said:

Kitschy: (of art, objects, or design) considered to be in poor taste because of excessive garishness or sentimentality, but sometimes appreciated in an ironic or knowing way.

no entiendo nada 

i don't even speak Spanish but really I still don't know what this word means

Just now, Angeló said:

no entiendo nada 

i don't even speak Spanish but really I still don't know what this word means

Hah! Go over the top, lots of frills and ruffles and excess decorations and it should meet the definition nicely. I think I have an idea... although, it's perhaps pushing the definition a little bit!!

I think the best embodiment of 'kitsch' that you get IRL is like, a boutique antique or second hand shop? Not like UK charity shops, but more some individual's collection of random knick-knacks. Wiktionary says "questionable aesthetic value"... 

That said, I don't have a Kacheek so I'm sitting this one out anyway 😅

2 minutes ago, CoconutDragon said:

That said, I don't have a Kacheek so I'm sitting this one out anyway

you don't have to use your own pets

you can use dress to impress (DTI for short) and copy the final image to Nielo in a private message 

Hah! Go over the top

Ok I'll see what I can do 

52 minutes ago, CoconutDragon said:

I think the best embodiment of 'kitsch' that you get IRL is like, a boutique antique or second hand shop? Not like UK charity shops, but more some individual's collection of random knick-knacks. Wiktionary says "questionable aesthetic value"... 

That said, I don't have a Kacheek so I'm sitting this one out anyway 😅

As @Angeló said, you don't need to use your own pet. Out of the three I have done, only one was a pet colour I owned.

6 hours ago, CoconutDragon said:

Then I might give it a shot! Thanks guys!

You definitely should! The contests are designed in such a way that anyone can enter. Technically, you don't even have to have a Neopets account (I mean, not sure what you'd be on doing on here then, but still 😉 ). That's one of the reasons why entries are made on Dress To Impress - all pets are available to customise on there.

Also, when creating this thread, I totally had a tab open with the definition of 'kitschy' and had every intention of linking to it in my original post, but I guess I forgot. 😐 So thanks for posting & discussing its definitions! :D 

So tacky or lame that is has a certain ironic appeal.

Hmm, now to come up with an entry...
Edit: Sent in my entry now, I was kind of drawing a blank, so I just put together something that was very mis-match and ugly, lol!

18 hours ago, lunarsilhouette said:

I wasn't sure about kitschy but i went with a theme that might work! so excited this is my first runway so far :3

Good luck! This is my forth I believe and I won for the first time last round so I'm still high off that!