Finally gonna do it! Hello there!

andy_laurent

Hi there! Long time neopian, first time TDN board-user. I've been playing on neopets for something like 16 years but I have no idea what my original account was called... the oldest one I can find is 11 years but I think that's good too!

I've always been interested in the neoboards and the avatars were my "big collection" back in the day. It's too bad I fell off the face of the earth during some great avatar windows, and I won't be able to get them - but here's hoping I can get some I've always wanted! My first neopet was a Tonu and I've always wanted the "Tonu - Charge!" avvie. I want to participate in the forums now so I finally have my shot!

Quarantine has definitely given me the chance to rediscover old passions if nothing else, and I'm psyched to see neopets is still around :) Which avatars have you always wanted? I'm also hoping to get "Geraptiku - Lost" one of these days!!!

Hi there! I recently joined the forums as well - I hope you have a good time here and best of luck with your avvies! 😄 I feel the same way about missing windows for them - wish I had kept up with my account more as a teenager.

Right now I really want to get the faerie bubbles avatar - it's one of my favorites! And flash ending soon is really instilling a sense of urgency in me lol. I also love the Edna - Cackle! avatar. Both are eluding me so far but I wont be giving up anytime soon 💪

Quarantine has brought a number of people back to neo, which is awesome. :D Just hope the trainwreck that is Charity Corner isn't making them regret their return. 😅

I am useless at most games so don't have much chance of avatars in that direction, so it's elusive random ones for me. Though this year I've managed to get all the 3 of the Hagan/Skarl ones, and *drumroll* the TDMBGPOP which had me literally screaming, lol.

So now, this one aishascalawag.gif is getting all of my attention!

I'm hopeful the flash game avatars will still be attainable. Did you guys see what Gutterfoot had to say about the games?

Lemme paste it:

image.png.ee72982a1b8ba2c6d9e41bc4349daa97.png

So these games surviving is basically entirely in our hands.

Though things like Hannah and the Pirates Caves I think? Which is totally unplayable for many because of shockwave problems, but a lot of people really love... hmm : /

19 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

So these games surviving is basically entirely in our hands.

Though things like Hannah and the Pirates Caves I think? Which is totally unplayable for many because of shockwave problems, but a lot of people really love... hmm : /

I'm playing both Hannah games and Dice Escape every day. Hopefully it makes an impact on those final numbers!

You came back just in time to see the worst event ever, Charity Corner!

All joking aside, it's nice to have you here. I kinda gave up getting avatars, I mainly focus on NP earning now.

Welcome back! :D (From someone who's actually enjoying this year's Charity Corner.)

As for avatars - I'd like to get as many as possible, but I'm not that good at most of the games, and I also missed out on a lot of events in my early years on Neo, so there's a fair few I'll never be able to get. And I've been pulling that Lever of Doom like crazy for years now, but no luck so far. 😂

WOW thanks for the hearty welcome!!!!
Oh man, tell me about it - flash games are NOT my strong suit, I don't know if I have a single game-related avatar. No wait, I have Kass Basher! Well that's certainly something.

I'd really love to see what neopets does with their efforts put into the flash conversion, and I hope what that quote says is true about putting effort into new games. It's great for them to keep a lot of stuff the same but I'd dearly love to see this site grow with its user base. I'm betting most of us are pushing or past 30 by now. And all of us just want to relax, you know? We've got so much going on that neopets shouldn't be ANOTHER stressful thing (hence why I was so distraught to learn that prices??? for everything??? have gone up SO much????? yikes).

As for charity corner, I was excited to finally clear out my SDB but I don't think there's a ton of worthwhile prizes. I'm aiming for the stamp and I think that's it, really 😕