I Keep Buying Sticky Snowballs!!

Secre

1 hour ago, CoconutDragon said:

Try making a bookmark with the buy link! www.neopets.com/faerieland/process_springs.phtml?obj_info_id=8428

Oooh, that's a brilliant idea! Thank you! I've been going there manually, clicking the two links and then hitting the wrong item!

21 hours ago, CoconutDragon said:

Try making a bookmark with the buy link! www.neopets.com/faerieland/process_springs.phtml?obj_info_id=8428

Thank you , I've been looking for a Quick Link to buy Ice Snowballs ^_^

"Sticky Snowballs for 25 NP shouldn't give 8 points, but Icy Snowballs for 5 NP should give 6 points."

- The Neopets Team

I wonder what they'll do with the snowball situation for the next one (if there IS one). If they've identified stockpiling them from the Springs as an exploit then if CC happens again I'm guessing the Icy ones will be nerfed too.

11 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I wonder what they'll do with the snowball situation for the next one (if there IS one). If they've identified stockpiling them from the Springs as an exploit then if CC happens again I'm guessing the Icy ones will be nerfed too.

I plan on still utilising the Healing Springs but splitting my effort between the Healing Potions and the Icy's as a backup!

Yeah, I'm not even gonna bother with Icy Snowballs, cause I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll nerf them (without telling anyone) next time. I'm getting the Healing Potion XX. It's more expensive, but I doubt they would nerf that. If they do, at least I'd have an item that can heal my pets.

Where as I feel I've learnt my lesson; my fear of my purchasing of stickies since the last CC ending up being a waste of time having turned into a reality, lol.

Well, to be fair, my fear was that they'd not be useable at all, at least TNT didn't go to that extreme! But I'm just going to go back to HOARD ALL THE THINGS and no purchasing of anything. 😅

Even with my stickies points nerfed from 23k+ to 2800 I've still managed over 30k in points and I haven't been right though my SDB quite yet, still got about 20 pages to go. So I'll stick with my making the most of what you have methods of: money tree stalking for r80+ items, and using dubloons from anchor management to buy Deavers from Little Nippers.

I might try a bit harder to up my money tree game and try for just the r90+ stuff, but I probably won't because I lose focus too easily and I'll end up not collecting stuff at all which will defeat the object just a tad. 🙃

5 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Where as I feel I've learnt my lesson; my fear of my purchasing of stickies since the last CC ending up being a waste of time having turned into a reality, lol.

Well, to be fair, my fear was that they'd not be useable at all, at least TNT didn't go to that extreme! But I'm just going to go back to HOARD ALL THE THINGS and no purchasing of anything. 😅

Even with my stickies points nerfed from 23k+ to 2800 I've still managed over 30k in points and I haven't been right though my SDB quite yet, still got about 20 pages to go. So I'll stick with my making the most of what you have methods of: money tree stalking for r80+ items, and using dubloons from anchor management to buy Deavers from Little Nippers.

I might try a bit harder to up my money tree game and try for just the r90+ stuff, but I probably won't because I lose focus too easily and I'll end up not collecting stuff at all which will defeat the object just a tad. 🙃

I'm not very good at remembering to buy things anyway. So I'll purchase the chap HS things when I can remember and stock up on all the other items as well!!

48 minutes ago, MysteryAF said:

Yeah, I'm not even gonna bother with Icy Snowballs, cause I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll nerf them (without telling anyone) next time. I'm getting the Healing Potion XX. It's more expensive, but I doubt they would nerf that. If they do, at least I'd have an item that can heal my pets.

I'll work on the principle that even if they do nerf them, I'll still have several hundred points worth... but yes, the Healing Potion XX is also on my list!

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, iyavi said:

Aw yeah, I was buying a ton of them too last year, this CC sure was a mess, I hope they fix it for next year.

I suspect they will nerf the Icy Snowball next year as well. I've started stocking up on Healing Potion XX's just in case instead!

1 hour ago, Secre said:

I suspect they will nerf the Icy Snowball next year as well.

Yeah I have this suspicion also, lol. I've learnt my lesson with regard to buying anything for CC, regardless of how cheap. 🙃 I'll go back to being happy when Kiko Pop gives me high rarity healing potions.

An anomaly I noticed is while I only ever play that on Easy and Effortless to guarantee I win something (your snark has zero effect on me, Elvin :P) and the prizes from that top out at r79, this isn't the case with the healing potions you win if you get the weapon icon, and you only ever get a healing potion if you land on that on easy. I ended up with a significant amount of r90+ ones by the time CC rolled around. :D

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Yeah I have this suspicion also, lol. I've learnt my lesson with regard to buying anything for CC, regardless of how cheap. 🙃 I'll go back to being happy when Kiko Pop gives me high rarity healing potions.

An anomaly I noticed is while I only ever play that on Easy and Effortless to guarantee I win something (your snark has zero effect on me, Elvin :P) and the prizes from that top out at r79, this isn't the case with the healing potions you win if you get the weapon icon, and you only ever get a healing potion if you land on that on easy. I ended up with a significant amount of r90+ ones by the time CC rolled around. :D

I didn't know that!! I tried super hard but was getting almost no prizes, so went back down to the regular difficulty... but I may give Easy a go for a while if I can get potential r90 Healing Potions from it!

1 hour ago, Secre said:

I didn't know that!! I tried super hard but was getting almost no prizes, so went back down to the regular difficulty... but I may give Easy a go for a while if I can get potential r90 Healing Potions from it!

I guess my method with this is basically quantity over quality, lol. I dunno how many I actually got because I used 'em all for CC, lol, I've only got VII and lower in my SDB now. But if we take a look at how many of them there are...

image.png.8ad0e5361afe2174d18fdd5266e5008e.png

If you got nearly 30 of any in the r90+ category, that's not bad. :D and tbh, I'm fairly sure I had more of the higher numbers, you can see the quanities are just starting to climb there... but, that also may be complete nonsense as I can't remember clearly, so take it with a pinch of salt. ^o^;;

I wonder why I didn't use the VII ones. they're r80... hmm!

2 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I guess my method with this is basically quantity over quality, lol. I dunno how many I actually got because I used 'em all for CC, lol, I've only got VII and lower in my SDB now. But if we take a look at how many of them there are...

image.png.8ad0e5361afe2174d18fdd5266e5008e.png

If you got nearly 30 of any in the r90+ catagory, that's not bad. :D and tbh, I'm fairly sure I had more of the higher numbers, you can see the quanities are just starting to climb there... but, that also may be complete nonsense as I can't remember clearly, so take it with a pinch of salt. ^o^;;

I take full responsibility for my own decisions! Don't worry, I won't come blaming you if it doesn't work out!! But yes, that seems more fruitful than the medium approach. I shall trial it for a month and see what happens!