Charity Corner Prize Shop Changes

Secre

Holy hell. If I didn’t think this was a holy dumpster fire mess before, they have now changed the prize shop points. Reducing them heavily. So if you bought that Petpet early in the hopes of a PPL award, you are now 1500 points out. The capsules have reduced even more dramatically!!!

No new prizes, no perks added. But they have proceeded to screw over those who used their points early.

And perhaps unsurprisingly there are no announcements or obvious warnings or even a ‘don’t worry if you bought early, we’ll refund you’. Communication excellent once again!

Pictures as promised:

Previously

119209226_1774407016042552_6557584513483226798_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=jRaF3suTM2cAX85TS68&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=7c6921537d9d8a391de5eed66bb81d85&oe=5F876719

Updated

image.png.11a2714bb8c78dd2d91ae38071cf04d4.png

Edited by Secre
Add screenshots

ah yes, TNT up to their old tricks. not going to lie, i'm okay with the point changes as i'll definitely be able to get what I want, but it really is unfair if they don't refund people who have already made purchases. 

Edited to add: also, i never really liked the perks shop, so i much prefer this prize method. part of the fun of the original CC was the random item that you could receive, so I like the mystery capsule inclusion as a way of getting that novelty back.

25 minutes ago, ranga_muffin said:

ah yes, TNT up to their old tricks. not going to lie, i'm okay with the point changes as i'll definitely be able to get what I want, but it really is unfair if they don't refund people who have already made purchases. 

Edited to add: also, i never really liked the perks shop, so i much prefer this prize method. part of the fun of the original CC was the random item that you could receive, so I like the mystery capsule inclusion as a way of getting that novelty back.

Yes, the prize shop points being reduced is a good thing, I think. I suspect the overall price of those items for reselling will plummet, but I can get twice the number of them!! But yes, I know a few people jumped for the petpet for the PPL chance... so might be feeling mighty peeved right now!

I don't like the capsules, although they are better priced now - I mean that jump down to a tenth of their initial cost says a lot about the original pricing!! I do think there is far too little a chance of getting a decent item though. Even four hundred points for an 80% chance of getting an item worth 50-400np is poor value... but better value than 4000 points!!

Why do they not announce anything? Why does everything feel like they're rushing it out? They had well over a year to prepare this event, and they knew that the fanbase looks forward to this. They screwed themselves financially by neglecting their fanbase cause now they're cancelling their memberships, and now the staff is lowering prices of stuff in the prize shop to soften the blow of this catastrophic trainwreck of an event. I just... can't fathom their decision-making. It makes zero sense. If they have any sympathy whatsoever, they'll refund the prize points. But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. My expectations of them are at an all-time low.

Probably the only good thing to come of lowering the prize points is that I can now easily buy the prizes myself as their value will decrease. Now lazy me doesn't have to go through the painful process of donating. I got through about 10 pages in my SDB before I got bored/couldn't be bothered anymore. 

2 hours ago, MysteryAF said:

Why do they not announce anything? Why does everything feel like they're rushing it out? They had well over a year to prepare this event, and they knew that the fanbase looks forward to this. They screwed themselves financially by neglecting their fanbase cause now they're cancelling their memberships, and now the staff is lowering prices of stuff in the prize shop to soften the blow of this catastrophic trainwreck of an event. I just... can't fathom their decision-making. It makes zero sense. If they have any sympathy whatsoever, they'll refund the prize points. But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. My expectations of them are at an all-time low.

Communication is the key to a successful relationship... of any kind. And they just don't seem to get that. It would be bad enough if people weren't paying for Premium and NC, but as they are...!!

1 hour ago, protego_totalum16 said:

Probably the only good thing to come of lowering the prize points is that I can now easily buy the prizes myself as their value will decrease. Now lazy me doesn't have to go through the painful process of donating. I got through about 10 pages in my SDB before I got bored/couldn't be bothered anymore. 

I'm looking to double my prizes so I can sell and keep in equal measure. I've probably spent about 300,000np panic buying every cheap item I can see so far... and about a hundred or more 6 point items, which set me back about a hundred thousand on it's own!! I'm hoping to at least recoup that with reselling the prizes if I can... I'm just short of 15,000 points. I had not anticipated just how much junk I had in my SDB...

1 hour ago, CoconutDragon said:

Same...Just gotta give it a few good refreshes 😑

It's working again now. I did have vague hopes that maybe they were doing something interesting with it, but nope. Apparently not.

I didn't start donating until after the change but I saw to begin with and thought something funky was up because when I did get to donating suddenly the prize shop was lowered thought I'd somehow imagined it...nice to know I didn't and there is proof. So sorry about everyone who exchanged early tho really hope they make up for that 

they said they refunded points for those that bought before they cut everything in half (items-wise, the caps were cut by 90%) but there are still some boards where users are saying they weren't fully refunded so their points are inaccurate plus the 500 bonus points is causing more issues like if you collect it and donate, the 500 are gone (I was smrt and bought a Tier 1 cap and another book *throws into SDB*)

the quick donation link is down while they're fixing something with it?

I haven't done dailies like I used to (not much point, I already have all the randoms now) and I didn't "invest" in stinky snowballs since last Charity Corner so cleaning out my SDB was relatively short (I could make about 3M from selling non-junk I found in my SDB, it could be more if I sell the tan codestones and perhaps the dubloons, or I might save them to try for leftovers from the Golden Dubloon, and I don't know what I'll do with the 2k+ Fairground scratches, non-Pustravaganza ones, maybe use them or sell them?)

I have 31k pts from the Cup Staff Tourney to buy the rock companions to donate and buy the T1 MCs but it's very tedious and boring but I don't have much else to do