Charity Corner 2020 Is Live!

hrtbrk

13 hours ago, Nielo said:

I think your stock will fill up again quite easily. I have the same "strategy", as in, I just throw everything I get in my SDB, and donate that stuff whenever the Charity Corner comes around again, and while I've noticed I've apparently gotten less points than previous years (because, to my surprise, I have 2 Gold trophies, so apparently I had over 10k points those years), I still have around 6k now, with only the stuff I saved from dailies. And I haven't been that good at keeping up with my dailies this year at all - often it's just been the bank and Trudy's, and that's it. XD
So even without actively stocking up on stuff, it's still possible to hoard enough random things to get a few thousand points.

Good to know!! I think I spent around 400,000 total over several weeks stocking actively for this years CC - and I've made that bad and then some, so even with my last minute panic buying, it's worked out well. This following year, I'll make an effort to stockade 6 point items far earlier throughout the year - like not selling all my Battledome stuff immediately. I'm also going to try and stockpile a mix of Icy Snowballs and 8 point Healing Potions from the Healing Springs and hope they stay at the same sort of value!!

1 hour ago, Wildbreeze said:

The prize shop will stay open until next year's Charity Corner, right?

As per Question #14 of the Saving Dacardia FAQ, the prize shop will remain available after the event is done. I wouldn't be surprised if this year's CC prize shop will stay open until next year's CC (if there'll be one that is).

I'd not trust 'em myself, lol. They said initially it'd only be open while the event ran didn't they. They clearly thought the better of that, but I'd not want to be too confident about it staying open for a year just because that's how it's worked before (if this CC taught us anything it's to NEVER go by that criteria😅) just because the wording in the FAQs is very ambiguous. They could post something in the news in a few weeks time saying "right, you've had enough time now, CC prize shop's closin' tomorrow!". 🙃

Your participation in the 'Saving Dacardia' program was commendable. Most attendees report that the high that comes from donating is reward enough, but few refuse a little recognition to go with it. Granny hopbobbin is sending you a gold trophy for your user lookup, as well as 12,500 Neopoints and 350 NC! Now sit back and enjoy the fruits of your hard work!

Well that's cool, but The NC isn't showing up in my account...

EDIT: There it is, never mind

"Your participation in the 'Saving Dacardia' program was commendable. Most attendees report that the high that comes from donating is reward enough, but few refuse a little recognition to go with it. Granny hopbobbin is sending you a silver trophy for your user lookup, as well as 6,250 Neopoints and 250 NC! Now sit back and enjoy the fruits of your hard work!"

Really happy with the trophy and NC! Would still rather have perks than extra NC but..... I'll take it.