Charity Corner 2020 Is Live!

hrtbrk

Some more details from the FAQ: http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2020/faq/faq.phtml?type=cc2020

Charity Corner Mystery Capsules grant one item of a specific rarity. The rarity ranges and chances are listed below:

Tier 1 - Ultra Rare

• 1-84 : 85%
  • 85-89: 10%
  • 90-94: 4%
  • 95-99: 1%

Tier 2 - Rare

• 1-74 : 85%
  • 75-84: 10%
  • 85-89: 3%
  • 90-94: 2%

Tier 3 - Common

• 1-74 : 85%
  • 75-84: 10%
  • 85-89: 5%

I was so excited to see an actual prize shop again, instead of the perks which I never really liked, but I just visited the neoboards, and whoa, the anger and disappointment there is overwhelming. 😆
Which, to be honest, is kind of confusing to me. I mean, sure, TNT messes up a lot of events, so I'm no stranger to those feelings, but the Charity Corner is an event which is known for having different formats, so I don't really understand why people were expecting it to be the same. (Or that the snowballs would continue to be worth so many points, to be honest. I kinda always expected them to nerf those. Pretty sure that TNT just never thought about how valuable + easy to get they were, before people started stocking up on them specifically for CC, and then they realised they'd never meant to make stocking up on valuable items this easy. XD)

(Edit: I think CC is just the kind of event where you have to hope it suits you each time it comes around. I actually preferred the early versions, where only specific items could be donated. Much easier to keep track of. XD)

I stocked up on so many different items! I would double check to see if they went for 1,000nps (if it was a item worth 1-2 points) or more (like 5,000+ worth 4 and up points) but most of the stuff I found went into my SDB for this event! Now, on to going through my SDB (because some of the items are not going to Charity Corner)!

*Holy rabies! I donated stuff from Album Items to Gift (Except for Dubloons and Codestones because I either stick them in my shop or auction them as soon as I get them LOL) and 105 Piles of Dung and a Rainbow Dung. (And I am still not done cleaning out my SDB!) I am rather impressed with myself, all together what I donated today earned me 1,387 points. (I was expecting it to be maybe at 1,000 pts so YAY!) *donated 15 more items total of 18 more pts, so now I am up to 1,405 pts! Sweet!

I have to say, those non readable mystery capsules are perhaps the gasoline on what was already a bit of a dumpster fire. 4000 points for the most likely prize being a common item worth less than 500np and likely being donated again... ouch!! I mean I’ve seen one person got courgette building logs and another got a simple yellow lamp!!

And being non readable only hits the collectors harder as they have to waste points on them if they want them!

help?  I was very excited to have the "seaglass foreground", and purchased it early this morning at 2500 prize points.  Now it is showing that item ( and all of them ) at 50% less, as you can see the site acknowledges how many points I have, and have spent, and the price of this item... but 1250 points are now missing.  Are they gone now because I purchased early?

Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 4.56.15 PM.png

This is my first year participating in Charity Corner! Very happy to get rid of all my old Advent Calendar stuff, and for a new avatar. 🙂

Something Has Happened!
charitycorner2020.gif You are now eligible to use 'Charity Corner 2020' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Way to announce the upcoming changes, Neopets Team! *heavy sarcasm*

I'm not even gonna waste my time donating for this prize shop.  14 measly items, and THREE of them are re-skinned Mystery capsules that are basically worthless. Feels bad having "Mystery" attached to something so lame considering it's my username.

. . .  Oh my goodness.  They're still doing the box from inventory thing?  Does anyone know of a quicker way to donate than the 15 items per thingy?  I've got an old/slow computer, and doing it this way is torturous 😞

Edit: OH!  Never mind!  I found it, haha.  Silly me.  Just ignore that.  The np checklist.  I assumed it told you how many points each item got you.

7 hours ago, shauns_fiancee said:

help?  I was very excited to have the "seaglass foreground", and purchased it early this morning at 2500 prize points.  Now it is showing that item ( and all of them ) at 50% less, as you can see the site acknowledges how many points I have, and have spent, and the price of this item... but 1250 points are now missing.  Are they gone now because I purchased early?

Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 4.56.15 PM.png

Yeah, looks like they have responded to the uproar by reducing the points needed because of the nerfing the sticky snowball inflation. Every time I think this cannot get worse... it does.

Try emailing support and get a ticket number. I imagine they are going to be flooded.

6 hours ago, MysteryAF said:

Way to announce the upcoming changes, Neopets Team! *heavy sarcasm*

I'm not even gonna waste my time donating for this prize shop.  14 measly items, and THREE of them are re-skinned Mystery capsules that are basically worthless. Feels bad having "Mystery" attached to something so lame considering it's my username.

Well the capsules are now a fraction of the price - tier 1 is now 400 points instead of 4000. Imagine being the poor soul who got a 4000 point capsule and some courgette building logs.

Nothing in the news about it at all!!

I hope they are going to refund points to people. I refrained from using mine in the hope (eternally optimistic) that they might add to the shop, or restore perks. I hadn’t anticipated this stunt.

About a month ago, I remembered that Charity Corner was coming up. I started hoarding all those useless items I usually donate without a second thought (21 Pirate Usuki Play Sets). Now my surplus has a surplus. Was I nuts for doing it like this??

45 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

About a month ago, I remembered that Charity Corner was coming up. I started hoarding all those useless items I usually donate without a second thought (21 Pirate Usuki Play Sets). Now my surplus has a surplus. Was I nuts for doing it like this??

Hah. I currently have 10,000 points and still going... and I was unorganised as hell so didn't have anywhere near the amount of Sticky's that some people have!! I had hundreds of random items of fishing junk which took an age to input at a single point each!! I almost never bother donating stuff, it just gets whacked in my SDB and forgotten about. So whilst my organisation was lacking, my sheer number of years on the site meant I had a whole host of 1 point items lying around. For next year I will have to save up more religiously and buy other people's 1-5np junk throughout the year as my stock has been seriously drained!

Really glad I didn't redeem any points yet! And I'd like to say I'm shocked they didn't announce the price changes but I'm not.

For anyone else who's donating a ton of stuff and sick of clicking a bunch, check out /u/diceroll123's userscript on the neopets subreddit! It simply selects the last 15 items on the quick-donate page so you don't have to!

I really like the seaglass foreground, but that's about the only prize from the shop that interests me. I already got the foreground, so I think I'm going to donate enough for a silver trophy (hopefully the points to trophy ratio will be the same as last year) then stop. 

Total Prize Points Earned: 12,227

I am hoping for a gold trophy this year, I have two bronze and one silver, so a gold one would be super! I`m guessing lots of people donated less this year due to not liking the prizes or the Sticky Snowballs being worthless now. I have some more junk to throw away, so maybe I`ll end up breaking 13k points.

I had a cartoonish amount of stuff to donate (around 30,000 items or so) I've been hoarding for practically the past decade or so with spares of r90-r99 Battledome item drops (mainly from Neocola Centre and Dome of the Deep), stuff won from dailies and old site events among other things mixed in. It took me 6 days (with all the hiccups during the first week of the event included) to burn all my spares. I'm still doing my dailies and especially the Battledome for extra CC points.

With 280 Comfort Rocks left to claim, I suspect I will just about hit 17,000 points by the end of this and then claim my 500 free points, providing they are still there. 

I also had a lot of junk in my SDB and bolstered that with two weeks of frenzied buying!!!

I'm at 15,473 points earned, 14,273 points left. Still haven't used the 500 free points yet. While I was going through my SDB, I lined my pockets by selling the valuable items in my shop. That was nice, cause those items were just sitting in there anyway.

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

What's the deal with the Comfort Rock Companions ?

I have about 50 of those 

How many points do they grant ?

Since Comfort Rock Companions, like other AC and AC Staff Tournament Prize Shop items, are r101, they give out 1 point each.

EDIT: Apologies for the ninja, Jellysundae.

@Angeló they're just a 1 point AC prize, a regular thing to get a load of for CC once you don't want anything else from the shop. 🙂 You not done that previous years?

You have earned yourself 22369 points

Not done donating yet, could be some deep lodes to discover yet, but I'm not spending any until we know if the rarity drops of the caps are gonna be altered or not.

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

@Angeló they're just a 1 point AC prize, a regular thing to get a load of for CC once you don't want anything else from the shop. 🙂 You not done that previous years?

I still have about 1400 Sticky Snowballs and I'm donating from my dailies 

3 hours ago, Aysh said:

Hey I am back after ages certain things are not showing up in my inventory anyone know how to fix it?

Which things specifically aren't showing up? And is this related to the Charity Corner? (Otherwise this question should probably be in the Neopets Help section.) If it is related to CC, maybe you meant that things aren't showing up on the quick NP donation page? Because retired items won't be visible there, as they can't be donated.

On 9/16/2020 at 10:47 AM, Secre said:

Hah. I currently have 10,000 points and still going... and I was unorganised as hell so didn't have anywhere near the amount of Sticky's that some people have!! I had hundreds of random items of fishing junk which took an age to input at a single point each!! I almost never bother donating stuff, it just gets whacked in my SDB and forgotten about. So whilst my organisation was lacking, my sheer number of years on the site meant I had a whole host of 1 point items lying around. For next year I will have to save up more religiously and buy other people's 1-5np junk throughout the year as my stock has been seriously drained!

I think your stock will fill up again quite easily. I have the same "strategy", as in, I just throw everything I get in my SDB, and donate that stuff whenever the Charity Corner comes around again, and while I've noticed I've apparently gotten less points than previous years (because, to my surprise, I have 2 Gold trophies, so apparently I had over 10k points those years), I still have around 6k now, with only the stuff I saved from dailies. And I haven't been that good at keeping up with my dailies this year at all - often it's just been the bank and Trudy's, and that's it. XD
So even without actively stocking up on stuff, it's still possible to hoard enough random things to get a few thousand points.