Charity Corner!

Secre

I am not sure if it has been mentioned before but I am even having a hard time declutter. Every time I click the tray it send me to the home page. Am I doing something wrong? 

5 hours ago, queen_hatshepset said:

I am not sure if it has been mentioned before but I am even having a hard time declutter. Every time I click the tray it send me to the home page. Am I doing something wrong? 

The quick donation page is completely down right now... so maybe they are fixing something. Or maybe not. Who knows!

1 hour ago, CoconutDragon said:

I think it's easier to just do it from your inventory and then go to the machine page, at least until they fix things.

I'm slowly working through the remainder of my stock... but this is even more slow than the 'quick' donate!!

• 4 months later...

Dug up this thread so I can talk about the latest twist in my CC prep!

Firstly, are you guys aware of the current drama escalating on the boards about the Money Tree? It's all very soap opera. facepalm.gif

popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif

A growing number of users are mass-donating 6 NP amounts. Let us see...

*visits tree*

Yup, there you go.

image.png.37f903ba5a6f2041bfbedf5be578dc68.png

First time I've seen that name, too. It's been like that for several hours.

Seems this is in retaliation to people aggressively complaining about junk on the tree. Like actually contacting the people who've donated and telling them to stop, and sending them dung... I mean, seriously?

So there's now guilds dedicated to flooding the tree with 6 NP (the smallest amount you can donate), and boy are they dedicated!!! You can read about it here, if you're so inclined!

Anyway! This really messes up my method of nabbing r80+ items from the tree for CC! So I decided that instead of futilely refreshing all day and hoping for some actual items to show up, I'd clear 10 of the 6 NP bags, then allow myself to buy 10 r90+ items. IF I can get them for 100 NP or less...

Gosh WHY do I have such massive reluctance to spend for CC? Talk about making myself jump through hoops. x'D

Yesterday I got a Tyrannian Acara Plushie for 20 NP, yay! Really not having much luck with my self-imposed limits though, but I do check out the rest of the stock of the cheapest sellers, and grab some r80+ items if they're just 5 NP or so, so I am loosening up a little on my punitive restrictions.  😮

Before I know it I'm gonna be spending thousands, right??? I don't think so. 🤣 But this is progress!

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Dug up this thread so I can talk about the latest twist in my CC prep!

Firstly, are you guys aware of the current drama escalating on the boards about the Money Tree? It's all very soap opera. facepalm.gif

popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif

A growing number of users are mass-donating 6 NP amounts. Let us see...

*visits tree*

Yup, there you go.

image.png.37f903ba5a6f2041bfbedf5be578dc68.png

First time I've seen that name, too. It's been like that for several hours.

Seems this is in retaliation to people aggressively complaining about junk on the tree. Like actually contacting the people who've donated and telling them to stop, and sending them dung... I mean, seriously?

So there's now guilds dedicated to flooding the tree with 6 NP (the smallest amount you can donate), and boy are they dedicated!!! You can read about it here, if you're so inclined!

Anyway! This really messes up my method of nabbing r80+ items from the tree for CC! So I decided that instead of futilely refreshing all day and hoping for some actual items to show up, I'd clear 10 of the 6 NP bags, then allow myself to buy 10 r90+ items. IF I can get them for 100 NP or less...

Gosh WHY do I have such massive reluctance to spend for CC? Talk about making myself jump through hoops. x'D

Yesterday I got a Tyrannian Acara Plushie for 20 NP, yay! Really not having much luck with my self-imposed limits though, but I do check out the rest of the stock of the cheapest sellers, and grab some r80+ items if they're just 5 NP or so, so I am loosening up a little on my punitive restrictions.  😮

Before I know it I'm gonna be spending thousands, right??? I don't think so. 🤣 But this is progress!

I've seen the nuclear fallout on the Facebook groups and Reddit. 

The more people complain about it on there, the more people join in and donate 6np. It's a vicous circle...

I've given up on the money tree until it all calms down. It literally started with one individual doing it... now there are tons of them!!

I made a suggestion on the boards , which is for TNT/JS clearing out the Tree every 10 minutes like the Shops if that stuff didn't get claimed . That will frustrate the spam donors and they'll stop donating 6 NP every 10 minutes 

I'm not sure that there is a solution to be honest, apart from the entitled complainers shutting up ofc, and that's never gonna happen.  🤪

I have been BUYING STUFF though! :lmaosmiley:

This lot cost me about 100 NP xD I rather enjoyed finding them, too. >:3

image.png.c85f6711b2f680a90f0988149737e19d.png

I'd noticed the money tree trolling. It was really getting on my nerves. Didn't realize it was a protest though. Years ago I got one of those neomails about donating junk after getting rid of a lot (Before CC of course). Rather than be angry, I started discarding rather than donating for useless things. Now I stockpile everything so I rarely use the donate or the discard options. 

I remembered about Bang Bang neggs! 😮

I keep Tate out of the Neolodge as he's my active pet and he rarely ends up hungry as the springs usually step in before he reaches that stage. Today he was at "fine" so I fed him a few of the neggs I had just because I was wandering around in my SDB and saw them, also, so I could grumble about the rubbish snowballs I got out of them.  :laugh:

Joke's on me though, as only half of them were rubbish!

image.png.f8f00734bf42b356d92fcba05edefd86.png

I think I'll feed him all of them! This is a no-lose situation here, isn't it; even if TNT nerfs ALL the Healing Springs items for CC, I got the neggs for free from the BD so it's no skin off my nose, and if they don't? 6-pointers for me!!! :D

I've been on a mass buying spree over the last few days again and probably spent waaay too much on 6 point items, but I figure I was buying them for 700np odd during CC and I'm picking them up for 280np or under now. So even if I decide to sell them all instead of using them for CC, I'm on a winner.

I haven't fully updated my spreadsheet yet... in fact I am nowhere near. But my points total currently stands at 35,000... in faact, part of the reason I keep failing to update my spreadsheet is that I'm buying as I'm going. Which makes it a rather long winded job in honesty! Here I go updating the numbers and oooh, I haven't searched for Scorched Chomato in a while... let's see what the SSW has to say. I'll have the 20np and under and see what else is in their shops and back to the spreadshe... oh, look Blueberry Snowflake!

I managed to grab five 6 point items from the money tree yesterday and a handful of 2 pointers before it went back to 6np donations at least though!!

But yes, I am definitely not going to be unprepared this year!!

EDIT: So my top item so far is Gorunda the Wise with 464 of them... my top points is Cursed Wand of Shadow with 128 and 768 points. But I am only about half way through updating my spreadsheet. I'm at row 600 and something or other out of 900 current rows and however many items that haven't yet been added.

Hahaha! So! @Secre you're why the price of 6-pointers has more than doubled! :laugh:

Meanwhile yesterday I bought over 100 Pawkeet Pinatas for less that 100 each after learning of the /x invo trick!

I mean ignoring the intense 😬 of the opening process it was a worthwhile thing, I think.

I opened the remaining 47 today and totted up the points profit.

Unopened: 94 points

Opened:

Out of 47 pinatas I got:

Jelly Bean Pirate Chest - 17 @ 6 pts
Candy Pirate Earrings - 18 @ 6 pts
Pirate Hat Toffees - 12 @ 2 pts
Wooden Pirate Ship - 12 @ 2 pts
Pawkeet Pencil Sharpener - 11 @ 2 pts
Rice Crackers - 13 @ 2 pts
Fire Candy Buttons - 7 @ 2 pts
Stripy Spinning Top - 7 @ 2 pts
Glowing Top - 12 @ 2 pts
Buried Treasure Crackers - 15 @ 1 pt
Dipped Orange Bonbon - 12 @ 1 pt
Altador Yoyo - 5 @ 1 pt

Total: 390 points :D :D :D

@Yuiina your Julieta is just FAB at opening pinatas! 4 or less strikes for nearly all of hers, and a lot more first time breakings than anyone else. >:3

But, I'm not getting any more, it's just too annoying. :laugh:

12 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Hahaha! So! @Secre you're why the price of 6-pointers has more than doubled! :laugh:

Meanwhile yesterday I bought over 100 Pawkeet Pinatas for less that 100 each after learning of the /x invo trick!

I mean ignoring the intense 😬 of the opening process it was a worthwhile thing, I think.

I opened the remaining 47 today and totted up the points profit.

Unopened: 94 points

Opened:

Out of 47 pinatas I got:

Jelly Bean Pirate Chest - 17 @ 6 pts
Candy Pirate Earrings - 18 @ 6 pts
Pirate Hat Toffees - 12 @ 2 pts
Wooden Pirate Ship - 12 @ 2 pts
Pawkeet Pencil Sharpener - 11 @ 2 pts
Rice Crackers - 13 @ 2 pts
Fire Candy Buttons - 7 @ 2 pts
Stripy Spinning Top - 7 @ 2 pts
Glowing Top - 12 @ 2 pts
Buried Treasure Crackers - 15 @ 1 pt
Dipped Orange Bonbon - 12 @ 1 pt
Altador Yoyo - 5 @ 1 pt

Total: 390 points :D :D :D

@Yuiina your Julieta is just FAB at opening pinatas! 4 or less strikes for nearly all of hers, and a lot more first time breakings than anyone else. >:3

But, I'm not getting any more, it's just too annoying. :laugh:

Yep, sorry! I think I bought over 100 Wind Up Chia Clowns as there were so many on the market!! I haven't got to them on my spreadsheet so it will be interesting to see just how many I really did manage to buy!!

You're more patient than me. I buy pinata's when I see them around the 100np mark but the process of opening them drives me crazy, but I don't actually search for them!! Those are good point odds though... and it probably takes me just as long to buy 390 1 point items... it just doesn't feel as slow!! 

I'll be back to confirm my total points if I ever actually manage to finish this dratted spreadsheet!!

On 2/19/2021 at 10:10 AM, Yuiina said:

I just got one Pinata from Anchor Management and I'm sending it your way, just because! :D 

*runs screaming* :laugh:

Come on Julieta, time to do your stuff!!!

Some time later.

after 32 attempts!

image.png.5089c152b05133540bf11c95a450a839.png

and in one fell swoop she undoes her excellent rep gained the day before. :laugh:

EDIT

@Secre

*whispers out of corner of mouth*

MT seems to be back to normal now.

I now realise I was an idiot about the Bang Bang neggs! Alsooo, I've made the exact same mistake before!

Feeding Tate them in the hope of getting a 6-point snowball out of them is very daft, when the negg itself is a guaranteed 4 points, I am a numpty. :laugh:

@jellysundae

Well, I'm now on page 43 of my SDB - so just beyond where I got to before, and I have a grand total of *drum roll pleasse* 52,639 points!

The top items are Shiny Obsidian with 780, Space Goggle Helmet with 528 and Gorunda the Wise with 512.

The top points are Space Goggle Helmet with 3168, Galaxy Energy Drink with 1398 and Helm-Mounted Laser Beam with 1368 points. Meteor Bomb and Space Faerie Cereal aren't far behind.

But and this is a big but, I haven't yet reached my Healing Potion XX or the wind up chia thing that I bought hundreds of a couple of days ago!

• 2 months later...

Annoyingly, other people also seem to be doing some hard Charity Corner Prep and finding cheap items is getting harder. That said, my ongoing CC prep is still ongoing. 500 plus items bought today!

image.png.484eb6ddfb3ab2adbf44ca8f8111bb99.png

I haven't updated my spreadsheet, but I suspect I'm up to 60,000 points at least.

• 2 months later...

Well, I've had a busy morning. I started at this:

image.png.6801712d3d393c475cb8189993aa5ab6.png

And after hitting the six point items hard, have ended up at this:

image.png.d9c3e937bc51eb34040d3b8970d02648.png

Next job... update my spreadsheet...

I fear I've done a number on most of the 6 point items, and left few below 320np. I've left the 1-4 point items mostly alone though!