Charity Corner!

Secre

I added up all of my page's points, and the items I'm willing to donate add up to roughly 14400 points. Ugh... I've already bought 3000 of the Blue Short Hair Brush, and I'm starting to get burnt out. I don't feel like buying 3600 more of these to get Bank Bribery and Cheaper By The Dozen. If I don't get there, I don't get there. I honestly tried, but I'm straining my few lingering threads of sanity too far.

On 9/6/2020 at 5:38 PM, MysteryAF said:

I added up all of my page's points, and the items I'm willing to donate add up to roughly 14400 points. Ugh... I've already bought 3000 of the Blue Short Hair Brush, and I'm starting to get burnt out. I don't feel like buying 3600 more of these to get Bank Bribery and Cheaper By The Dozen. If I don't get there, I don't get there. I honestly tried, but I'm straining my few lingering threads of sanity too far.

There are quite a few 2 point items for around 100np on the SW at the moment. This guy has a ton of glowing snowflakes for 99np for example.

http://www.neopets.com/browseshop.phtml?owner=motheraven&buy_obj_info_id=30650&buy_cost_neopoints=99&lower=0

And my SDB keeps growing. I was at 3934 items when the announcement went out. 5040 by the end of last week and currently 6123 items!

Now we get to find out how typical this particular TNT "soon" is gonna turn out to be...

Think it will actually start today??

The majority will be expecting it to, but sadly mass expectation can't actually make something happen. 😅

8 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Now we get to find out how typical this particular TNT "soon" is gonna turn out to be...

Think it will actually start today??

The majority will be expecting it to, but sadly mass expectation can't actually make something happen. 😅

That is always the fear - that they'll turn it upside down and all of this frantic last minute preperation will be for naught!!

I keep checking the news anxiously... but nought as yet!

59 minutes ago, Secre said:

I keep checking the news anxiously... but nought as yet!

I think we need to treat this the same way we do the toaster...

You know, when turn your back on it for a split-second so it immediately incinerates your toast, despite having flatly refused to turn it even vaguely beige for what feels like forever up until that point?

*pretends complete disinterest in CC*

18 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I think we need to treat this the same way we do the toaster...

You know, when turn your back on it for a split-second so it immediately incinerates your toast, despite having flatly refused to turn it even vaguely beige for what feels like forever up until that point?

*pretends complete disinterest in CC*

It's not working. No news yesterday and today's news has no mention of the CC at all... I suppose it's an extra day or two to stock up on Sticky Snowballs!

1 hour ago, jaydeed said:

Bored of swapping Staff tournament prize points for Comfort Rocks, ready to donate.

SAME!

I gave up on those once I found the previous method of just shutting down the lightbox and clicking on the item again to circumvent the page refreshing isn't working for me 😬 Because I've got all the 1 point items from both prize shops of last year's AC I guess I'm feeling a bit complacent. I hope I don't live to regret that. 😅

I don't think I will though? Last CC I netted 40k in points, this time around I've done exactly the same things between events but bought Sticky Snowballs from the Healing Springs all year too, so unless they radically change the points set up - and why would they do that? There's no need, and they have no available time/staff for the pointless changing of something just for the sake of it -  I should be all set... should be... ^o^;;

Part of me really wants to go through my SDB and tot up all the points, just to see how much I have, but at 90 pages of stuff for CC (I don't count my advent calendar stuff) I really hope I don't give in to this temptation! xDD

I have spreadsheets. lots of them, lol. Last year, to get what I wanted, i needed something like 70k points and I can easily cover that with 1 and 2 pt items and sell the 6/8 point ones but who knows if they've throw us a curve ball. I'm thinking they're too busy to bother changing it, but this is TNT...

17 minutes ago, jaydeed said:

I'm thinking they're too busy to bother changing it, but this is TNT...

Yeah exactly! HAHAHA. One thing we've learnt over the years is never say never when it comes to TNT doing something that logical thought says "surely they wouldn't..." xDD

Oh heck, the urge to tot up my points is gaining momentum... SAVE ME!  lol.gif

2 hours ago, jaydeed said:

I am like a sprinter on the start line, ears strained to hear the starting pistol, lol. Bored of swapping Staff tournament prize points for Comfort Rocks, ready to donate.

I have spreadsheets. lots of them, lol. Last year, to get what I wanted, i needed something like 70k points and I can easily cover that with 1 and 2 pt items and sell the 6/8 point ones but who knows if they've throw us a curve ball. I'm thinking they're too busy to bother changing it, but this is TNT...

I need a spreadsheet for next year. I may start one when I begin donating to keep track of the items and points that I can fill in over the coming year!

I still haven't finished with my Comfort Rocks. I really ought to keep going but it's such a tedious task!

I think I'll be happy if I get the stocks and interest perk, and a Faerie Quest perk wouldn't go a miss either, but we'll see what's on offer and how many points I have managed to panic buy!

34 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

SAME!

I gave up on those once I found the previous method of just shutting down the lightbox and clicking on the item again to circumvent the page refreshing isn't working for me 😬 Because I've got all the 1 point items from both prize shops of last year's AC I guess I'm feeling a bit complacent. I hope I don't live to regret that. 😅

I don't think I will though? Last CC I netted 40k in points, this time around I've done exactly the same things between events but bought Sticky Snowballs from the Healing Springs all year too, so unless they radically change the points set up - and why would they do that? There's no need, and they have no available time/staff for the pointless changing of something just for the sake of it -  I should be all set... should be... ^o^;;

Part of me really wants to go through my SDB and tot up all the points, just to see how much I have, but at 90 pages of stuff for CC (I don't count my advent calendar stuff) I really hope I don't give in to this temptation! xDD

You never know - totting up those points might be therapeutic!!

4 hours ago, Secre said:

You never know - totting up those points might be therapeutic!!

Therapeutic she says...

I'm having to do it, my brain just won't let it go, so let's see how "therapeutic" I find this! lol.gif

1.  101 points
  2. 947 points
  3. 63 points
  4. 273 points
  5. 94 points
  6. 23,439 points
  7. 220 points
  8. 803 points
  9. 213 points
  10. 153 points
  11. 606 points
  12. 811 points
  13. 367 points
  14. 1,230 points
  15. 481 points
  16. 1,223 points
  17. 298 points
  18. 415 points
  19. 490 points
  20. 650 points
  21. 412 points
  22. 289 points
  23. 385 points
  24. 845 points
  25. 419 points
  26. 243 points - this isn't feelin' therapeutic yet! angrynegg.gif
  27. 1,456 points
  28. 479 points
  29. 1,254 points
  30. 225 points
  31. 177 points
  32. 156 points
  33. 162 points
  34. 2,549 points
  35. 261 points
  36. 692 points
  37. 296 points
  38. 208 points
  39. 423 points
  40. 599 points
  41. 376 points
  42. 346 points
  43. 191 points
  44. 690 points
  45. 367 points
  46. 229 points
  47. 511 points
  48. 216 points
  49. 743 points
  50. 565 points
  51. 232 points
  52. 351 points
  53. 105 points
  54. 552 points
  55. 67 points
  56. 951 points
  57. 167 points
  58. 1,465 points
  59. 227 points
  60. 598 points

Ok, lost the will to live now with 30 pages remaining xD Time for some work with the calculator!

Total = 51623

Might do the other 30 pages tomorrow, but I've hopefully got the need out of my system now. ^o^;;

@jellysundae well, at least you know you're going to be able to get the perks you wanted!!!

On the plus side I'm now at close to 7000 items. On the downside, most of those will be one point. But we have to work with what we've got and I've got a chronic lack of organisation!

11 hours ago, CoconutDragon said:

Dang! What a haul! I've got way too many SDB pages to even think about tallying 😂

Sounds like you might get just as good a one yourself then. :D

3 hours ago, Secre said:

But we have to work with what we've got and I've got a chronic lack of organisation!

Maybe there'll be a perk for that. 🤣

Why can I only buy items one at a time... it's so painstaking to click this many times (plus I have tendonitis in my wrists). I just wish I could buy 3000 of the Blue Short Hair Brush from the General Store for 177k with a single click and be done with it. Seriously Neopets, make a "Quantity" button when purchasing from there.

EDIT: I cut my losses and bought 1k points worth of sticky snowballs from random shops

On 9/10/2020 at 5:38 AM, MysteryAF said:

Why can I only buy items one at a time... it's so painstaking to click this many times (plus I have tendonitis in my wrists). I just wish I could buy 3000 of the Blue Short Hair Brush from the General Store for 177k with a single click and be done with it. Seriously Neopets, make a "Quantity" button when purchasing from there.

EDIT: I cut my losses and bought 1k points worth of sticky snowballs from random shops

i just bought one brush and then refreshed the page a bunch. that might still strain your wrist, though.

The discard options from last year are showing up again when i click on items from my inventory. They don't seem to work right, but they are there.

Edit- Now they are gone. looks like that was a mistake, but it gives me hope that it will start very soon.

Talk on board 7 right this second is that all items are worth just one point, and it's just prizes this time around.

I'm laughing, cause the salt level in reaction to this is gonna be like the Dead Sea. I am not setting foot out of the Shenkuu hangout for the foreseeable future, it's not gonna be safe.🤣

it's live now and perks are not happening and neither is the "5 items in, 1 item of the same rarity range 10's" route but there's like a dozen "items" you can turn in your points for and apparently all items (sans r180 still?) are 1 pt each?

**EDIT** okay, they nerfed Sticky Snowballs so they're 1 pt each instead of 8 pts, the rest of the points system works the same as 2019's Charity Corner (no r180 item donations), there are 11 items plus 3 mystery capsules/loot boxes that may give you any(?) r1-99 item but there are different tiers and each tier has different percentages to give items within a rarity range. it's unclear whether there are item prize pools or it's literally any item under the Altadorian sun? despite saying the (heavily discounted) points carry over from 2018's Charity Corner being a one time deal, they've carried over 2019's points and heavily discounted them the same. it runs from Sep 14 through the end of Sep 24, 2020. the prize shop is open during the event and it closes at the end so less likely to carry over points once again

http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/

http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2020/quickdonation/itemdiscardchecklist.phtml NP Checklist

http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2020/prizes.phtml NP Prize Shop

http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2020/quickdonation/ncitemdeclutter.phtml NC Checklist

http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2020/shop.phtml NC Gift Shop

http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2020/faq/faq.phtml?type=cc2020 FAQ

we're helping Dacardia (the new app they've released) and Captain Rourke is co-hosting alongside Granny Hobokin

Edited by perduco
early bird guessing the worm...or however that saying goes

Item rarity still determines the number of points per donation. The rest is as @perduco says

edit- but sticky snowballs are one point each. Odd. 

edit again- I did just get an avatar when I returned to the main page after donating a bunch