Charity Corner!

Secre

HEADS UP: I hope you're in a giving mood Neopians, because Charity Corner is coming soon. Everyone's favorite charitable event is just around the corner, so get ready to give until it hurts!

Well, I'm not ready. I think I have like 300 Sticky Snowballs because I kept forgetting to buy them!!

20 minutes ago, anapm.agostini said:

That makes us two 😕 

I have precisely 226 of them right now.

For a couple of days I set a timer every half an hour but that just made me annoyed lol

I decided that it would annoy me too much to even try!!

I have just bought up about 400 items of 5-50np junk though. I'm bored now mind you. 

You guys! CC prep is such a long haul thing. I've been preparing for this coming one since the last one ended. 🙃

Not buying anything other than sticky snowballs, got a nice stock of those now though. image.png.55c54f2c87222c616badeff2eb3a4bcd.png

All the rest of my quantity of items -  Items: 2,830 | Qty: 20,790 - is Dailies and BD prizes and r80+ stuff snaffled from the Money Tree throughout the year. Oh, a bit of that figure in Advent calender stuff, because like @Scoobert_Doo I just can't bring myself to get rid of that, but that does only account for the last 5 pages or so of my 95 page SDB.

So yeah, 90 pages of stuff, collected in 15 months.  My premise is simple, don't get rid of anything. xD

It makes me so happy to see so many of you taking advantage of my Sticky Snowball technique. 🙂

Unfortunately, since I abandoned Neopets in December 2019, I only managed to get 333 of them. Still not bad considering I only tried to get them for a few months.

On the bright side...

foo_lunchbox_withtag.gif Lunch Box for Office
(special)
For those who always get their food stolen at office! Food 3100

As long as I have enough for Bank Bribery and the stock market one, I don't really care. Hopefully the website doesn't go down again like it did in the last Charity Corner. And that crappy "one at a time" donation we had to suffer through for the first half.

Oh jeez, I just calculated... My Sticky Snowballs and Lunch Boxes only add up to 5764 points... ugh. I really don't wanna grind that many items like I did last year... Cause I remember each boon was 9000 points, so 18000 points for the bank and stock one. I'm assuming the point calculation is the same as last year.

6 hours ago, Secre said:

I have just bought up about 400 items of 5-50np junk though. I'm bored now mind you. 

do you have a list of that by any means...?

It's actually my first CC, I learned about it while we were in the middle of altador cup madness lol

I'm thinking that I'll probably skip this year and just stock up on things until next year's

5 hours ago, anapm.agostini said:

It's actually my first CC, I learned about it while we were in the middle of altador cup madness lol

I'm thinking that I'll probably skip this year and just stock up on things until next year's

I personally use the lists that JellyNeo has for Charity corner for reasonably priced rarer items, they have a very good article, I usually try to use dailies to get items, the snowballs from the Healing Springs-Thank you MysteryAF for that idea, items from the Money Tree and other items I see on sale.

8 hours ago, shauns_fiancee said:

i wondered why every time i got a sticky snowball as a prize it would be purchased right away from my shop lol

yeah looooool

I used to sell a couple of sticky snowballs at 1k np in my shop until yesterday

but after this years CC was announced, it was all snapped up!! I think cheapest in SW is currently 4k at least?!?!? 😧

doesnt that kinda ruin the point of stocking up on sticky snowballs as a cheap source of points?????

11 hours ago, CoconutDragon said:

Y'all, I goofed big time 😂 

I've been trying to get all the avatars I didn't have before my hiatus and just managed to get the rubbish avatar by......discarding all my excess sdb stuff lmaoooo

Oh man that is some bad timing but can always just start now for next year and get a real good head start

3 hours ago, bonnie_morrison said:

I personally use the lists that JellyNeo has for Charity corner for reasonably priced rarer items, they have a very good article, I usually try to use dailies to get items, the snowballs from the Healing Springs-Thank you MysteryAF for that idea, items from the Money Tree and other items I see on sale.

wait there is a list??

17 hours ago, anapm.agostini said:

I was going through my SDB looking for uncommon, rare and very rare items (or just items I knew were cheap and not 101 rarity) and then grabbing anything else in that individual's shop under a certain price (50np for me). I didn't make a list but I'll have a gander through now and see if I can remember what I bought!

Bubble Mote, Water Mote

Yellow Snowball, Peach Snowball, Evil Snowball, Pink Faerie Snowball, (Wet and Poison as well, although they aren't even uncommon)

Glowing Snowflake, Exploding Snowflake, Peach Snowflake, Yellow Snowflake (Wet and Poison as well, although not uncommon)

Ubikiberry Elixer, some Healing Potions

Supernova, Fire Muffin, Evil Muffin, Robot Muffin

Ummagine, Eyeball Pie, Salmon Mousse Tea, Lean Meat Kebab, Rotten Omlette Sandwich, Water Ice Cream, Twinkling Ice Cream

Haiku Stamp, Linae Stamp, Roast Gargapple Stamp. Rotten Omelette Sandwich

There were more, but my SSW has just timed out on me again!

11 hours ago, bonnie_morrison said:

Yeah, I've been using the Healing Springs... I might need to find that list though!

9 hours ago, mildvermillion said:

yeah looooool

I used to sell a couple of sticky snowballs at 1k np in my shop until yesterday

but after this years CC was announced, it was all snapped up!! I think cheapest in SW is currently 4k at least?!?!? 😧

doesnt that kinda ruin the point of stocking up on sticky snowballs as a cheap source of points?????

Yep, but don't let logic ruin the fun!! I think the people now buying them at the inflated price are looking for quick points rather than cheap points in honesty!

If they run the donating like last year, (15 items at a time, IIRC), I don't think it will be too bad. I don't expect a lot, as they are working on converting Flash. Just be careful, if you are looking at donating "1 of" items. May want to verify it isn't a "high selling" one. I know I received rare items from the first CC, but cannot remember which ones, except for a stamp. And, I wish I had battled in the Battledome, everyday, since the last CC. The "Weak Bottled (Element) Faerie" are rare items. I remember donating a lot of those, for a decent amount of points.

I wish I'd checked the rarity of my Jetsam Ace prices before selling them. The cereal and the cakes in particular! Oh well, I'll know for next year!! 

Found this list in someone's shop of reasonably priced 6 point items:

6 POINT ITEMS
Amber Sword
Astral Blade of The Space Station
Bean Bag of Nova
Black Osiris Plate
Bottle of Grey Sand
Brightvale Castle
Bullseye Snowball
Camelior
Chocolate Bearog Claw
Cobrall In A Can
Cursed Wand of Shadow
Dark Red Spooky Candle
Deserted Desert Scroll
Electro Sword
Grobleen Salad Coin
Organ
Ragged Desert Cape
Scroll of Supernova
Space Goggle Helmet
Space Faerie Cereal
Sturdy Blue Shield
Tornado in a Bottle
Virtupets X-514 Super Shield

51 minutes ago, CoconutDragon said:

Thanks for the list! I've been mostly stocking up on 5NP 1 point items, like the junk from underwater fishing and the neocola machine personally.

I've been doing that as well! I found one shop that sold a ton of the 6 point items for under 1000np and stocked up on them there but am largely filling my SDB with 1-2 point items now as I spent a significant sum on the 6 point items!

In two days I've increased my stock of stuff from  Items: 1,060 | Qty: 3,934 to Items: 1,242 | Qty: 5,040 - not bad going if I do say so myself!! About 100 of those are 6 point items, the rest are junk between 1 and two points with a handful of extra sticky snowballs thrown in! 

Don't forget that the Deaver is your friend during CC. smiley.gif

This little guy can be bought for 8 dubloons from Little Nippers with those (1 CC-point) dubloons that you get for free from Anchor Management, and he's worth 4 CC-points. I've been getting one any time I need to make change from larger dubloons for training, and have a little pile of the furry guys now. xD

image.png.6259384453ad92c2279510b508b1e6c1.png

During the current CC accumulation period I made the very important discover that (special) does NOT automatically mean r101. That was quite a 🤯 moment for me let me tell you!

There's a slew of 4-point (r102-r179) items that you can get from various dailies:-

The older omelettes bar the plain and rotten ones.

492.gif7172.gif586.gif262.gif5582.gif2306.gif584.gif583.gif11691.gif14264.gif493.gif

The mutant plushies from the Wheel of Misfortune apart from Headless Von Roo.

2290.gif2332.gifThese are the two I see most often on the money tree so I'm guessing they're the ones won the most frequently?

Weapons from Coltzan other than his basic gem and the Serf Lens

21188.gif21193.gif these two fairly often on the Money tree

Battlecards from Cheat

card_1_silv.gifcard_2_norm.gifcard_3_norm.gifcard_3_silv.gifcard_4_norm.gifcard_4_silv.gifcard_6_silv.gifcard_7_norm.gifcard_7_silv.gif This is the selection I've got from the Tree in the past 15 months

Anything apart from the Yellow Growth on Buried Treasure.

image.png.3cc173276d80853682eb0c4f9a141340.png

I'm always THRILLED to nab me some rancid old meat from the good ol' MT. 😆

Looking on the list of r102 to r179 items Cheeseroller and Brain Tree quests can net you 4-point items too, and the Deaver isn't the only 4-point Pirate petpet, it's just the best value for money dubloon-wise :3

I bet all of you will have some of these items in your SDBs already. :D

Also don't forget your shed and closet! Some furniture has high rarity, I know I've ended up with needless multiples of some items in my closet without even realising.

OHH, AND... open any Pawkeet Pinatas that you have! 53072.gifYes these are a rare - worth 2 points themselves - but what you get out of them is almost guaranteed to be worth it. I opened 13 with a CC points total of 26, and the items within them gave me 82 points! This recommendation comes courtesy of @jaydeed 👍

Hope all this is helpful. grin.gif

@Secre and @aaml

This is TDN's list https://thedailyneopets.com/articles/charity-2019 

and if you do a search on JellyNeo for Charity Corner, they have complied a list of items worth different points-for some reason, I'm having trouble embedding a link like jellysundae did above, lol

Looks like I'm back to full blown "acquire free items" mode...

Another (sort of) tip, the General Store has an unlimited supply of Blue Short Hair Brush items, for 59 NPs. If you get desperate for points and don't wanna bounce between shops, this works pretty quickly. Make sure you do it before the actual event starts, cause they closed it during the event last year. I may end up using this method, cause I neglected my own Sticky Snowball method...

Money Tree is officially in full CC mode. 🤣

image.png.a5f539376cd9716a63d35545e40146e4.png

This event - which possibly polarises opinion even more than the Altador Cup - still mobilises the entire site, despite the claims from some that "everyone" hates it.

That took forever... 😨 I just want enough for the boons...

blueshorthair.gif Blue Short Hair Brush Use this brush to make your short haired pets coat super shiny. Special 1000

I think I'm set. I've been collecting everything since the last event. I'm going through my safety deposit box section by section using JellyNeo's price checker. But I haven't even started counting my 27 pages of food and I'm at 22,289 points. I don't think I'll bother counting further. My limiting factor isn't how many points I have collected, it's how quickly I can donate them before the event ends. Maybe I should sell a few. instead of hoarding more than I can handle.