Beginner's Luck?!?

Secre

So I posted a little while ago about my foster sister joining the site. I sorted her a welcome pack and everything. One of my pieces of parting advice was 'Always spin the Fruit Machine!'. Well... it looks like that worked out for her...

image.png.4c0146075f870599870cafaa947c54be.png

Names removed to protect my email address and her details in general as she's under 13. 

But what bloody luck is that!?

26 minutes ago, Angeló said:

Some younger accounts have better luck that's for sure

I won a PB once a long long ago when I first started playing , but never again 

I might have had a brush off it many moons ago, but I don't think so. I'd likely have remembered!! I did once get a Xweetok Transmogrification Potion from an RE and promptly sold it in my shop for 99,999np... because I was an idiot!

I mean, I've been playing daily for five months religiously now and not had more than a 5000np prize!!

Maybe its like motivation for newer accounts to stick around and get into the site...older an account the more they are just like yeah you are ANCIENT and aren't going anywhere so anyways 🙄

But that is exciting! I don't think I've ever won anything like that on my main or side good for her!

7 hours ago, shauns_fiancee said:

I used to win the 150nc prize once in a blue moon, but since i used real money to buy nc (a couple of years ago), i haven't won the 150 nc price again from qalalan expellibox.  I wonder if I was extremely lucky before, or does it stop giving you that prize once they've got you spending money?

I thought the NC prize was a myth because I only ever seemed to get Sneezles 😅 But I wouldn't put it past them to stop giving away freebies once you're invested...

16 hours ago, CoconutDragon said:

Younger accounts seriously have the best luck! I remember getting the Jacko the Phantom Painter RE back when I first started and now I can't seem to win anything good from dailies either 😂

I got the Transmog RE and wasted it. Never had anything that good from dailies or RE's since!!

12 hours ago, aaml said:

Maybe its like motivation for newer accounts to stick around and get into the site...older an account the more they are just like yeah you are ANCIENT and aren't going anywhere so anyways 🙄

But that is exciting! I don't think I've ever won anything like that on my main or side good for her!

Possibly! Give you a taste of what you can win and then, once you're invested, let you search fruitlessly for years!

8 hours ago, shauns_fiancee said:

I used to win the 150nc prize once in a blue moon, but since i used real money to buy nc (a couple of years ago), i haven't won the 150 nc price again from qalalan expellibox.  I wonder if I was extremely lucky before, or does it stop giving you that prize once they've got you spending money?

I think I won that three times... and once was definitely after I spent real money...!! Haven't won it recently mind you!

1 hour ago, CoconutDragon said:

I thought the NC prize was a myth because I only ever seemed to get Sneezles 😅 But I wouldn't put it past them to stop giving away freebies once you're invested...

Definitely not a myth, I've had it a few times. I get ill pets far more often mind you!!

That's awesome. Reminds me of when I got the Wheel of Extravagance avatar on my first try. Sometimes we just get dumb luck.

Well, would you believe it. She knocked a coconut down at the weekend too!

On 8/28/2020 at 1:51 PM, MysteryAF said:

That's awesome. Reminds me of when I got the Wheel of Extravagance avatar on my first try. Sometimes we just get dumb luck.

Wow! Nice! I've never actually tried for that avatar!

On 8/29/2020 at 1:52 AM, shauns_fiancee said:

i did enjoy getting this cute pet a couple of days ago, i'd never seen it before!

Screenshot 2020-08-19 at 8.15.35 AM.png

Hah! I actually gifted her one of those as part of her welcome pack! It looked cute, wasn't mega expensive but wasn't a junk petpet either!