Neopets was the biggest trauma of my childhood!

Esquizo

I spent years and years of my childhood/adolescence in this game in the past, I played every day. I really loved this game.
Until one day at Hallowen, I took a Halloween Paint Brush from my secondary account and transferred it to my original account.
All my accounts were banned permanently for a silly reason 😭
I never cried so much, I remember my user until today, Diego_uni
The support of this game has always been -removed curse word-!
Imagine how many children have been frustrated and traumatized by Neopets.
I was happy when I heard that the game went bankrupt =')

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

19 hours ago, Esquizo said:

I spent years and years of my childhood/adolescence in this game in the past, I played every day. I really loved this game.
Until one day at Hallowen, I took a Halloween Paint Brush from my secondary account and transferred it to my original account.
All my accounts were banned permanently for a silly reason 😭
I never cried so much, I remember my user until today, Diego_uni
The support of this game has always been -removed curse word-!
Imagine how many children have been frustrated and traumatized by Neopets.
I was happy when I heard that the game went bankrupt =')

You realise the site is still very much up and running and alive? Still staffed and updated etc?

And I imagine there are far more people who consider it a fond memory of their childhoods - many of us have returned during the Coronavirus epidemic. Lining the pockets of the new owners as we can now afford Premium and NC... 

I'm sorry getting banned for a silly reason traumatized you, but I'm not sure coming to an active fan site 13 years later to say you're hoping bad things happen to the game everyone on the site is playing happily is the best way to deal with that trauma.

You could try playing the game again?  It, or you, may have improved some since your childhood.

I have a question, Esquizo.  When you had more than one account, was it before Neopets had made it to where you could have multiple accounts? If not, then were you making neopoints on both accounts? Because if you go and look up the Side Account FAQ, even on supported but UnOfficial Fan Sites, they clearly state that your Main Account is the only one you are allowed to make neopoints on. Random events that give you neopoints (Bank Error in your favor, (Your Active Pet) finding X-amount of neopoints on the ground, etc...) are exceptions because they are random.

I am sorry you were hurt in the past, but please don't bash Neopets. You can talk with them on Facebook, there is Send Message button on there page. Maybe you can get your old accounts back and turn one of them into a side account. 

I don't normally post but..I too was annoyed at neopets at one point. My bf went on my account and edited my shop, he typed "buy my crap" and the shop was reported. (He didn't do it to be mean, he just thought it would make ppl giggle) it was my side account but I was crushed I had lost it. After 2 years or so I saw a post on reddit that you can message neopets via facebook. I tried that and to my surprise I got a reponse a day later and my account was unfrozen!! Um so to Esquizo you C A N get your old account back. In my case I just had to tell neopets the name of the email I first signed up with and around when I made it. I luv neopets and I tricked my bf into playing; now hes a neo-nerd (way more than me) so I would be deeply sad if  "the game went bankrupt =')"

8 hours ago, wolfgodkamui said:

My bf went on my account and edited my shop, he typed "buy my crap" and the shop was reported. (He didn't do it to be mean, he just thought it would make ppl giggle) it was my side account but I was crushed I had lost it.

You might have been frozen not because of what he typed but because you had a shop on your side account. Shops are a way of making neopoints and thus it's not allowed to sell stuff on your side account. So, make sure your side account shops are empty if you have one (for example due to switching main account).