My Foster Sister Joined The Site!!

Secre

So after many years of casually bringing neopets into the conversation whenever I can, one of my foster sisters have joined the site with a Harry Potter username and first pet - you can tell my influence there straight away!

In order to celebrate this momentous occasion, I have organised her a 'gift box' of goodies to welcome her to the site:

7 single dubloons and one of each tan codestone,
A couple of relatively cheap plushies,
4 books (half price day was well timed!),
A Pirate Draik Egg,
A Spotted Eyrie MP (for her current pet),
A Zombie Flotsam MP (as she liked the look of the zombie pets),
A Zombie Farnswap,
A Robot Turmac,
2 backgrounds,
The Eyrie Magician Cape, Grim Reaper clothing and Magic Sparkle Wand,
Some Jelly!

I did have a moment of panic after sending her the Draik Egg, frantically texting my foster parents going; DON'T LET CHILD EAT THE DRAIK EGG!! IT IS NOT FOR THE EATING!! I must have sounded like a loon but thankfully they've known me long enough to expect such things from me!!

I'm going to give it a month or so and perhaps surprise her with something else if she's still interested in the site and then if she's still active in 4 months, I have a spare WN Ruki that I can paint and gift her. 

If anyone has any ideas for what else I can send her in about a month, do feel free to chime in!

Aw, how cute! How old is she? I hope she does get into it. I'd not go over the top with the gifts though, a total newbie on Neo's gonna be so overwhelmed by how  much there is to do, and also not "get" a great deal of the stuff.  I'd not make things too easy for her by gifting her with too much valuable stuff that she'd have had to work VERY hard herself to earn, that makes kids lazy and entitled. If she's got nothing to aim for she might get bored of neo easily. She needs to investigate and find what she's into herself to remain interested.

I'd set her challenges and tasks or something. Finding out how to do a particular thing. Brain's not offering any good suggestions of WHAT ofc, but that's par for the course xD

22 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Aw, how cute! How old is she? I hope she does get into it. I'd not go over the top with the gifts though, a total newbie on Neo's gonna be so overwhelmed by how  much there is to do, and also not "get" a great deal of the stuff.  I'd not make things too easy for her by gifting her with too much valuable stuff that she'd have had to work VERY hard herself to earn, that makes kids lazy and entitled. If she's got nothing to aim for she might get bored of neo easily. She needs to investigate and find what she's into herself to remain interested.

I'd set her challenges and tasks or something. Finding out how to do a particular thing. Brain's not offering any good suggestions of WHAT ofc, but that's par for the course xD

That's why I decided against gifting her a paint brush in the end and sorted a couple of cheaper end MP's instead. Give her a taste of what the game has to offer without handing her everything on a platter! I think out of everything the Magic Sparkle Wand and the Draik Egg were the two most expensive items, but the former fits her tastes so well and the latter offers a puzzle in working out how to hatch it!

She's eleven going on nineteen!! I'm now just dreading the other twin deciding to join as I would be deemed responsible for the tantrums if I didn't gift an equal welcome pack to both!!

We'll be back round in a couple of weeks, so I'll see how she's doing then! I suspect she's going to want to try and read all the books as one of her goals!!

She's lucky to have a neo-veteran on hand! So many of us missed out on stuff when we first joined and had no idea what we were doing. >_<

Hahaha, good luck with dealing with any sibling rivalry you may have created. xDD