Just became an uncle yesterday

Tedhaun

I don't usually post about my real life much, but I just wanted to share this quick little bit of news with you guys/gals here at TDN.

As of yesterday afternoon EST/EDT, I have officially became an uncle. My older brother's wife just had her baby. A baby girl. 8 pounds, 6 ounces, and 21.25 inches long. The baby's name is Lydia Joy by the way.

At this point forward, you can optionally refer to me as Uncle Neomysterion, Uncle Carlo, Uncle Plushie, or Uncle D-Pad Doc et al if that's what you so desire.

EDIT: For those interested, here's an image of my newborn niece. Spoilered due to cuteness and image size.

3BiBF.jpg

4 hours ago, _ivory_uri_ said:

Congratulations 馃! And D Pad Doc? I knew a D Pad Doc on a pokemon game from awhile ago i believe. XD聽

1 hour ago, Angel贸 said:

Congrats Uncle聽馃檪

Wishing the baby health聽x joy聽

First off, thanks for the congrats and wishes _ivory_uri_ and Angel贸. Knowing my older brother and his wife, my newborn niece should be able to make it through these messed-up times.

Also _ivory_uri_, D-Pad Doc (also listed as DPadDoc) is my newer alias since my hiatus from TDN and the rest of the Neopets community. I was more active in the Pok茅mon community for the latter half of the 2010s, particularly the Twitch Pok茅mon community where I was often found chilling in peoples' Wonder Trade streams sending out power and goodies to streamers, participants et al.

16 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

Congratulations! You and your family must be over the moon 馃檪

58 minutes ago, iheartsaku said:

Aww congrats, that is amazing! Actually, I became an aunt for the first time not long ago as well. My brother had his little boy on July 21st. 馃檪

Thanks Hrtbrk and IHeartSaku for the congrats on my new niece. Also wishing your nephew a good lot of joy and good health as well IHeartSaku!

I aim to get her to join Neopets (and possibly other virtual sites too) when she's old enough to have an account as well as get her into anime/manga and retro gaming, but won't be for a while sadly.

Congratulations!! Uncertain times to be a new parent in but hopefully things will look brigher soon!

I've tried to get my foster siblings into neopets but they are so restricted on gaming time by their parents (my foster parents) that it's difficult!! My influence has shown in one of them picking up West of Loathing from the Switch store!