Two items with the same name!?

Secre

So I was going through my shop checking prices and found my Yooyuball Cake Pops were vastly overpriced. But then when I checked again, they weren't. The reason? There are two different items! Same name!!

image.png.4a4a6d556d5ea7ff72a418eb7ea91a8c.pngimage.png.43141adee43969c0d0c0afa0e46c7219.png

What happened there!?

If you ask me, TNT may have goofed up and failed to realize that there was a pre-existing item also named Yooyuball Cake Pops. It's not the first time it happened.

Outside of the various map pieces, there are several other items I'm aware of that share or have shared the same name with each other. There may be other similarly named if not identically named items to each other I may have missed that aren't listed in this post.

There are two items called Christmas Baby Blu. The original greener version goes for around 2 million NP at the Trading Post due to it being no longer being obtainable by using a Christmas Petpet PB on a Baby Blu (as of December 2006, you'll get the newer candy cane-looking one instead).

baby_blu_christmas.gifbabyblu_christmas.gif

Two items called Snowglobe Staff. One of which is a Battledome weapon and the other is an NC wearable.

Two items called Candy Cane Sword. Similar deal as the Snowglobe Staff, one is also a Battledome weapon and the other is indeed an NC wearable.

There were two items called Tea Infuser, but the one that was a Gross Food has since then been changed into Steeped Tea some time in the later 2010s in order to prevent confusion with the non-Gross Food Tea Infuser.

There were also two items called Cloud Kiko Plushie. The one that was released in July 2015 has since then been beaten up and renamed into Tattered Cloud Kiko Plushie just to prevent confusion with the pre-existing one from 2003.

1 hour ago, Dr. Meepit said:

If you ask me, TNT may have goofed up and failed to realize that was a pre-existing item also named Yooyuball Cake Pops. It's not the first time it happened.

Outside of the various map pieces, there are several other items I'm aware of that share or have shared the same name with each other. There may be other similarly named if not identically named items to each other I may have missed that aren't listed in this post.

There are two items called Christmas Baby Blu. The original greener version goes for around 2 million NP at the Trading Post due to it no longer being obtainable by using a Christmas Petpet PB on a Baby Blu (as of December 2006, you'll get the newer candy cane-looking one instead).

baby_blu_christmas.gifbabyblu_christmas.gif

Two items called Snowglobe Staff. One of which is a Battledome weapon and the other is an NC wearable.

Two items called Candy Cane Sword. Similar deal as the Snowglobe Staff, one is also a Battledome weapon and the other is indeed an NC wearable.

There were two items called Tea Infuser, but the one that was a Gross Food has since then been changed into Steeped Tea some time in the later 2010s in order to prevent confusion with the non-Gross Food Tea Infuser.

There were also two items called Cloud Kiko Plushie. The one that was released in July 2015 has since then been beaten up and renamed into Tattered Cloud Kiko Plushie just to prevent confusion with the pre-existing one from 2003.

I hadn't twigged that there were other items, but it does look as though they normally try to prevent two NP items having the same name at least. I can kind of see the lack of concern with NC items - they can't show up in user shops after all. Actually, that would be quite a nifty additon - NC user shops. Although I suppose the potential for absolute fleecing of unsuspecting members would come into play making it unworkable. It would save the hassle of trading caps and items via gift boxes though. 

I'm currently trying to nag them into fixing a graphics issue on the NC mutant draik wearables via editorial, but if that ever gets addressed I might have a go at seeing if they can change the name!