IT HAPPENED! IT REALLY HAPPENED!!

Secre

Congratulations!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

7 hours ago, shauns_fiancee said:

congratulations!!!  i've never had that happen.  whatever do you mean by 4 cookies?

Secre's referring to Faerie Quest Fortune Cookies, a type of Fortune Cookie buyable at the NC Mall for only 100 NC (50 NC when daily Faerie Quest season happens (usually)). Opening one will grant you a Faerie Quest for 9 days.

By the way, congrats on scoring a FFQ Secre. I ended up getting around 3 of them during this past March's daily Faerie Quest season myself, and used 2 of them on one of my Hissies to get that Halloween-Transparent Hissi cross paint I always wanted for years. That last FFQ I used on my lab rat just to score pet avatars I didn't have.

6 hours ago, Darigan D-Pad Doc said:

Secre's referring to Faerie Quest Fortune Cookies, a type of Fortune Cookie buyable at the NC Mall for only 100 NC (50 NC when daily Faerie Quest season happens (usually)). Opening one will grant you a Faerie Quest for 9 days.

By the way, congrats on scoring a FFQ Secre. I ended up getting around 3 of them during this past March's daily Faerie Quest season myself, and used 2 of them on one of my Hissies to get that Halloween-Transparent Hissi cross paint I always wanted for years. That last FFQ I used on my lab rat just to score pet avatars I didn't have.

there's a "Faerie Quest Season"? I was wondering why i got so many a couple months ago...two of them were FFQ; i turned my Kougra candy and my poogle mutant.

19 minutes ago, AgJu said:

there's a "Faerie Quest Season"? I was wondering why i got so many a couple months ago...two of them were FFQ; i turned my Kougra candy and my poogle mutant.

To answer that question, I was referring to the Daily Faerie Quests event that Neopets often holds around late winter/early spring, usually starts on February or March though a few have started as late as April or May.

Apologies it took a while to get back to this thread - my phone doesn't like loading this forum for some reason!

On 7/11/2020 at 1:40 PM, iheartsaku said:

Woohoo! Congrats! Do you know what pet/color combo you want to use it for?

Yep, one mutant draik has already been created!! I've been hankering after one for a while!

On 7/11/2020 at 2:41 PM, shauns_fiancee said:

congratulations!!!  i've never had that happen.  whatever do you mean by 4 cookies?

It's taken a while even with the cookies! As Darigan D-Pad confirms below, they are the Faerie Quest Fortune Cookies which are buyable with NC. I had a load of them sitting in my inventory from when I was last on neopets and far freer with my actual money. 

On 7/11/2020 at 4:59 PM, Darigan D-Pad Doc said:

---

To answer that question, I was referring to the Daily Faerie Quests event that Neopets often holds around late winter/early spring, usually starts on February or March though a few have started as late as April or May.

Thanks for clarifying in my absence, and I didn't realise they went on sale during the year either! That's good to know!!

If I get another one of them my next job will be a Maraquan Lutari and that will be my two most expensive pets done!!

On 7/11/2020 at 11:10 PM, AgJu said:

The Mutant Poogle is also a good choice!! It's strange how some of them are so striking - the lutari is another one - and others just look absolutely gross like the Gnorbu!! I was tossing up between the Lutari and the Poogle, but I adore the Maraquan Lutari so I'm saving for that!

6 hours ago, berriganify said:

congrats! what colour draik are you going to get?

Mutant Draik all the way. I've sorted out most of his customisation now - it's officially a she due to stupid eggs hatching random genders, but I'll fix that in time - so I only have a few more expensive items to get. The Leafy Vines are 100,000np and the Floating Figures 50,000np due to sudden inflation, so I'll hold off on them I think!! Then there's a couple of NC items I want to trade for, but that can wait as well!

image.png

On 7/13/2020 at 1:25 AM, Secre said:

Mutant Draik all the way. I've sorted out most of his customisation now - it's officially a she due to stupid eggs hatching random genders, but I'll fix that in time - so I only have a few more expensive items to get. The Leafy Vines are 100,000np and the Floating Figures 50,000np due to sudden inflation, so I'll hold off on them I think!! Then there's a couple of NC items I want to trade for, but that can wait as well!

image.png

holy crap i just saw the price of draik transmogrification potions. no wonder you wanted a ffq!

and i thought 2.5m for the gelert potion was steep...

do you have the lab ray? the easiest way to switch genders is to battle the lab ray scientist, he has a random chance of using a weapon that swaps a pets gender.

the coord looks really good so far though!

10 hours ago, berriganify said:

holy crap i just saw the price of draik transmogrification potions. no wonder you wanted a ffq!

and i thought 2.5m for the gelert potion was steep...

do you have the lab ray? the easiest way to switch genders is to battle the lab ray scientist, he has a random chance of using a weapon that swaps a pets gender.

the coord looks really good so far though!

The lab map is on my to do list, but as I'm specific about what colours I want and don't want to randomly zap any of my main pets, it's lower down on my priority list. What I think I will do eventually is get the lab map on a side and then adopt pets with the sole intention to zap them into something people might want. That means I don't have to lose any of the pets from my main for a lab rat and I can then switch my pets onto my side for gender swaps as this will be rarer than pound adoptions. I may just have to deal with my lutari being male even though the Maraquan paint job looks more female!

I wish we had more slots to play with - I know I can create more sides, but I always feel a little guilty as those pets get neglected in comparison to my main account pets which get looked at all the time!!

But yes, that transmog was extortion pure and simple!! If I can fluke another FFQ I'll make my lutari Maraquan as that's the other really expensive paint job on my list!

Thanks! I've been messaging people for the NC Valentine Dress with no luck so far, but we shall see!!

well, if your lutari being male does bother you and you have cash to burn, there is always the strange potion. not sure what other methods of gender swapping there are.

thats a good idea, i wish id done that with my lab rays. instead theyre both on accounts that i plan to have six pets on! so once those pets are all done, the lab ray isnt going to get much use. which is fine, i guess, i mainly got it because i wanted to hand-zap my robots and alien aisha. although maybe in another 5 or so years well get a 7th pet slot?