Happy Flotsam Day!

hrtbrk

Relic is relatvely cute but when you compare it to the level of detail on say the relic Cybunny or the relic Peophin there doesn't seem to be a lot of effort gone into it:

4.png4.png

I like the cute swirl of the wave though. It's just a pity they couldn't have added more detail to the pet body.

I agree with the comment on the clothing as well. These items are made for a pet with no legs! Why do they have legs!?

I didn`t realize the form of the base was a wave, I thought it was a shell. :D
I really appreciate that the base is so small, on many Relic pets it`s quite big and I feel it gets in the way.  The fact that they made the base suit the aquatic theme is a nice touch, and I like the shading on the Flotsam (it looks lighter than most other Relics) and the little cracks here and there. That said, more detail could definitely have been added, especially if you look at the Relic Jetsam and Koi, they`re both covered in moss (or some kind of seaplant, idk) and some seawweed or something on the base would have really spruced this pet up in my opinion.

The outfit is fine, always nice to see male clothing, and the little hat is super cute!

I know what you mean about the trousers having two legs - when the pet in question have fins, not legs - they do the same with clothes for Peophin and Tuskaninny too, even though they don`t have two legs and so the piece of clothing looks completely different when you put it on.

yeah, the base is what turns me off of the relic colour entirely. it would have been cool if they had made the bases a removable customization item.

11 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

and some seawweed or something on the base would have really spruced this pet up in my opinion.

barnacles, too!

6 hours ago, berriganify said:

yeah, the base is what turns me off of the relic colour entirely. it would have been cool if they had made the bases a removable customization item.

barnacles, too!

Barnacles would have been a lovely touch to the pet!! I think the pet as a whole looks a little too neat to be a true relic - there's very few cracks or flaws in the design which makes it look like sculpted stone rather than a long lost relic.