Charity Corner Questions

Lit

Not sure if this is the right thread or not. I am prepping for Charity Corner 2020 by putting items in my gallery. However, should I just transfer them to my SDB? This will be my first year participating so not sure what is allowed and what is not. any help would be greatly appreciated. I know you can't buy anything which is fine but can I remove items from my gallery for CC.

Sorry if I am rambling.

I'm not sure what you're asking, exactly. I think you might be under the impression that the rules are stricter than they actually are. :smile:  You can donate whatever you want to the Charity Corner (provided it fits the theme, but the last couple of Charity Corners didn't really have many restrictions). When donating something, it'll be taken from your inventory, but where you store the items before that is irrelevant. You're also free to buy new things to donate even while the event is going on; the only stores that will be closed during the event are the Ever-Stocked General Store and the Neohome Superstore. But you can buy whatever else you want, and keep it in your SDB, your gallery, your inventory... wherever. It might be useful to check out the link I posted above, which describes last year's rules, and JellyNeo also has a list of a few donation strategies which might give you some insight into how the event works. 🙂 

We're not even sure there will be one, or if the format will be the same, but yes, like Nielo says, at this stage you can buy as much as you like from official shops and other users . Once it starts, the user shops will be full of items to buy too. That's how I make my millions 🙂My SDB has 120,000 items and I'm adding to it daily. Don't overlook r80s if you don't have much money; they're very cheap and give a good point ratio.

The others already answered the questions but I'd just like to recommend not putting the items in your gallery because there you are more limited to how much you can store before you start having to shell out some real np to enlarge the space

I have a CC spreadsheet so i totally get that! I do so wish we could sort our SDB by rarity and other criteria. I have spreadsheets of the cheapest r80s and r 90s, separated into categories (toys, books, food, etc) with r99s hghlighted in yellow, with the quantities I have in my SDB (updated at intervals,) and, well, it goes on, lol.

jellyneo has a very good article on charity corner as well, as well as the current values for some of the more rarer items, I use that when I'm buying items for charity corner, also a lot of the free items you can get from the dailies have rare, very rare and ultra rare values, as well as the sticky snowballs you can buy from the healing springs for only a few neopoints.