Most disturbing looking items?

ildacoo

In your opinion, what items make you feel the most unsettled looking at them? I'm trying to start collecting them for my gallery. I had this idea when I came across squid hot dog. Bonus points if they weren't intended to be that disturbing.

toy_tencals_balloon.gif Tencals Balloon

awful. i hate it. the teeth. the eyes. the string that cannot be held by mortal hands.

can_dd_neggdispencer.gif Negg Dispenser

that is absolutely a real meerca.

plu_petpetpet_jermite.gif Jermite Plushie

that thing should be faceplanted on the ground, and the fact that it isnt means that there is something sinister going on.

food_coconut_skull_juice.gif Coconut Skull Scorchipepper Juice

this one probably falls into the "intentional" category, but... yeah, those eyes. those teeth. that lumpy grey liquid. it tells a story.

vor_landfish.gif Landfish

i think this one speaks for itself.

Nice gallery idea

A few years ago I started a thread here called "Beautiful Items" .. it took off for a while then died :D 

here are some of the items i find unsettling

Angry Meepit Eyes Angry Meepit Eyes

Glowing in the Dark Eyes Glowing in the Dark Eyes

Chilled Eyes with Clam Sauce Chilled Eyes with Pasta Sauce

bd_hw_hauntedamulet.gif Amulet of Lost Souls

can_acy15vii_st_plainfjel.gif Plague Infested Jellybeans

pps_blechy_toy.gif Blechy Squeeze Toy

Meepit Eyes Slap Bracelet Meepit Eyes Slap Bracelet

I am sure there are worst ones (I just couldn't really remember on the top of my head what they were called haha) but here are a few items that always kind of bother me when I look at them. Gross and unsettling.

gross_dung_sand.gif Dung Cream Sandwich
med_berry_2.gif Eyeballberry
gross_hotworm.gif
Hot Worm Hot Dog
magic_jarofeyes.gif Jar of Eyeballs
gross_toenailsoup.gif Toe Nail Soup

I have to agree that most of the gross food personally to me makes me a little unnerved mostly cause I imagine something trying to eat it and just refuse to feed any of my pets any items🤮

I mean the Broken Blue Fuzzle is pretty unnerving

broken_bluefuzzel.gif

The gross food was meant to be unnerving but still... the slooshy bleh of the Salmon Mousse Tea or so much worse, the Eyeball Sushi and Eyeball Pie

gross_salmon_tea.gifgross_eye_sushi.gifgross_eye_pie.gif

The Cobrall Root always seems a tad bit alive for my liking...

med_snake_root.gif

1 hour ago, shauns_fiancee said:

I lol really hard when I saw this for the first time, it definitely disturbs me, wtf is going on?  lol love it

There was a day many years ago when the artists "took the day off" and it produced some really strange, badly-drawn items. :D

14 hours ago, Aranel said:

There was a day many years ago when the artists "took the day off" and it produced some really strange, badly-drawn items. :D

Hah! I never knew that. Yep, there are some very odd items indeed:

Bologma Pimento Glove

Bologna Pimento Glove

Haunted Salad

Haunted Salad

Royal Evil Fuzzle

Royal Evil Fuzzle

Disturbing Gelatin

Disturbing Gelatin

Plushie Mote

Plushie Mote

I think they all count for this as well!

Here's one!

Popped up as a recent price increase on JN and I IMMEDIATELY came to post about it in here. xDDD

5755.gifMegachilli Hot Dog This has GOT to be pretty intentional with it's... sausageness. It's just so wrong, on SO MANY LEVELS 🤣

There are times in the so-called real world where my kids and I will look at some advertised entree and say, "Neopets food!" (To be honest, poutine hit me this way!) I just took a look in my shop and only found one item for this thread {Christmas Pile of Soot, below}, because to be truthful I just donate anything that makes me go "ew!" (And I never feed my gang anything I wouldn't eat, although they do have an occasional Clay Omelette to help settle their tummies.)

pileofsoot_christmas.gif.678804f4d69349716e5ca1d5668a374f.gif

There's something about the pathos of the lack of mouth, the expression in the eyes . . . topped with a jolly seasonal hat. 

1 hour ago, samuraimom said:

There are times in the so-called real world where my kids and I will look at some advertised entree and say, "Neopets food!" (To be honest, poutine hit me this way!) I just took a look in my shop and only found one item for this thread {Christmas Pile of Soot, below}, because to be truthful I just donate anything that makes me go "ew!" (And I never feed my gang anything I wouldn't eat, although they do have an occasional Clay Omelette to help settle their tummies.)

pileofsoot_christmas.gif.678804f4d69349716e5ca1d5668a374f.gif

There's something about the pathos of the lack of mouth, the expression in the eyes . . . topped with a jolly seasonal hat. 

Hah, I find that oddly cute if I'm honest!!

3 hours ago, samuraimom said:

There are times in the so-called real world where my kids and I will look at some advertised entree and say, "Neopets food!" (To be honest, poutine hit me this way!)

HAHAHAHA, yes! This, right? 20318.gif

As a Brit. I was fully used to the fact that chips and gravy is a thing in parts of this country, but I didn't know of the existence of poutine in Canada!  Gotta admit, it doesn't appeal to me much. I'm sure that's mostly because it's just a plate of beige and brown and my eyes need to find something appealing before belly gets interested. xD

2 hours ago, Secre said:

Hah, I find that oddly cute if I'm honest!!

Me too! The strong 🙄 vibe just adds to the urge to hug it tbh, lol. Not that you'd be able to hug it...

27 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

HAHAHAHA, yes! This, right? 20318.gif

As a Brit. I was fully used to the fact that chips and gravy is a thing in parts of this country, but I didn't know of the existence of poutine in Canada!  Gotta admit, it doesn't appeal to me much. I'm sure that's mostly because it's just a plate of beige and brown and my eyes need to find something appealing before belly gets interested. xD

Me too! The strong 🙄 vibe just adds to the urge to hug it tbh, lol. Not that you'd be able to hug it...

I do like a good chips and gravy but the poutine sounds... ominous to me!!

Well, you could hug it. Once. You wouldn't be able to hug it again.

Also, it's not an item but this old neo greetings card is pretty disturbing:

@Secre that is the first time I've heard curd cheese described as ominous xD It'd probably like that, makes it feel edgey. B)

Cottage cheese flexing... xD

That Neogreeting is VERY disturbing! It's like something from Dexter. 🤣

yeah its definitely not poutine without cheese curds. mind you im from the west coast, so we often get chunks of mozzarella instead... unless it's a place that specifically does poutine. those are the only places ive found that always put actual cheese curds on. i dont really mind the mozzarella though, because the only time i ever get poutine is at dive bars

mind you, we also get like... weird poutine. poutine topped with eggs. curry poutine. salsa poutine. poutine but with nachos instead of fries.

anyway i want to revise my first post, because i found the thing that plushie is based on, and...

ppp_jermite.gif
Jermite

thats... so much worse.

also here you go @jellysundae, one huggable christmas soot:

huggablecs.png.b77ef00d0cb5a18887a0e57843feb31b.png

Edited by berriganify
cant spell mozzarella apparently

11 hours ago, berriganify said:

yeah its definitely not poutine without cheese curds. mind you im from the west coast, so we often get chunks of mozzarella instead... unless it's a place that specifically does poutine. those are the only places ive found that always put actual cheese curds on. i dont really mind the mozzarella though, because the only time i ever get poutine is at dive bars

mind you, we also get like... weird poutine. poutine topped with eggs. curry poutine. salsa poutine. poutine but with nachos instead of fries.

Poutine in general sounds like something my taste buds would disagree with, although mozzerella sounds good. Egg and chips goes well... curry and chips go well... Not sure about them if the cheese curds are still on them as well though!

On 7/15/2020 at 6:26 PM, aleu1986 said:

Mynci Mushroom Soup

Mynci Mushroom Soup

Yeah, that bowl...

DARE TO EAT MY CONTENTS, AND I WILL POSSES YOUR SOUL, FOR. EV. AH.

😱

@berriganify is poutine being... hipsterified?

I... what you're saying... so... gravy and salsa on the same thing? Gravy on nachos?? Just... WAT?? xD

That Jermite looks like a walking TV aerial 😆