Altador Cup XV Prize Shop Opens!

Emily

The time has come! Head over to the Prize Shop to claim your prizes for Altador Cup XV! Once you've eaten all the cake pops you can hold, stop by the Staff Tournament Prize Shop and grab a few more mementos.

400_kikolake.gif

Congratulations Kiko Lake!!!

A bit shocked that Kiko Lake won! Thought it was a sure win for Meridell!

Glad that DC came fourth! We were almost there! Well done guys! 🟣⚫

Feel like I will have a hard time picking the right prizes as I don't have much points to spare.

The Staff Tournament prizes, on the other hand, are much easier to choose as I am not interested in any of those Stress Balls. 😂

Struggling if I should spend the remaining 1425 points on 1425 Comfort Rock Companions to prepare for CC, but I don't wanna press the same button for 1425 times. 

Glad i didnt jump the gun and bought MissRainbow Stress Ball for 1.2-1.5 Million NP

Also glad Kiko Lake won over SOTAC Meridell .. that was a huge achievement 

And Sheknuu 8th position is better than I initially expected .. well done to my teammates

1 hour ago, Aranel said:

I'm a little confused. I played for Maraqua this year, and we came in 9th, but I got a 3rd place trophy? Am I missing something?

A 3rd place trophy, as in a bronze trophy?

As of Altador Cup IX, the colour of the trophy the player receives is based on the player's general contribution and performance in the Altador Cup rather than the team they rooted for, which was the case for AC XI to XII where players that weren't in the top 3 teams for those cups got a wooden trophy which differed in appearance based on their efforts.

16 hours ago, Aranel said:

I'm a little confused. I played for Maraqua this year, and we came in 9th, but I got a 3rd place trophy? Am I missing something?

15 hours ago, Darigan D-Pad Doc said:

A 3rd place trophy, as in a bronze trophy?

As of Altador Cup IX, the colour of the trophy the player receives is based on the player's general contribution and performance in the Altador Cup rather than the team they rooted for, which was the case for AC XI to XII where players that weren't in the top 3 teams for those cups got a wooden trophy which differed in appearance based on their efforts.

I'm assuming Maraqua came in 3rd last year? It appears they used last year's coding (they seem to do this nearly every year and will probably fix it eventually), since Terror Mountain came in first last year, but my current trophy also says 1st Place, even though we came nowhere near the podium this year:

Incorrect-trophies-04-07-20.jpg

45 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I'm assuming Maraqua came in 3rd last year? It appears they used last year's coding (they seem to do this nearly every year and will probably fix it eventually), since Terror Mountain came in first last year, but my current trophy also says 1st Place, even though we came nowhere near the podium this year:

Incorrect-trophies-04-07-20.jpg

So it turns out that the 1st to 3rd place ranking description for Terror Mountain, Virtupets, and Maraqua on this year's trophies were erroneously copypasta'd from last year's AC. This clears up the AC XV trophy rank description error mystery. As early as sometime next week, TNT will be able to address this error and give these descriptions to the actual 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place title holders for this year's AC.

4 minutes ago, 616.1314 said:

Btw wonder why they used the old colour pattern (purple+pink instead of pink+green) for the Team Faerieland Gym Bag

A hint that Faerieland will soon rise back to the skies? Or just another mistake?

Most likely another hindsight by the item colourists who liked the original colour scheme for Team Faerieland more than the current one for all I know. As for Faerieland returning up into higher atmospheres, only time will tell when TNT unleashes another plot involving Faerieland.

43 minutes ago, Darigan D-Pad Doc said:

So it turns out that the 1st to 3rd place ranking description for Terror Mountain, Virtupets, and Maraqua on this year's trophies were erroneously copypasta'd from last year's AC. This clears up the AC XV trophy rank description error mystery. As early as sometime next week, TNT will be able to address this error and give these descriptions to the actual 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place title holders for this year's AC.

Most likely another hindsight by the item colourists who liked the original colour scheme for Team Faerieland more than the current one for all I know. As for Faerieland returning up into higher atmospheres, only time will tell when TNT unleashes another plot involving Faerieland.

I'd love to see a plot allowing Faerieland to return to the skies! It has fallen for over a decade now, and it doesn't really make sense if Fyora is THAT powerful...

But I also love how earthy the current Faerieland is so I wish they'd keep a "ruins" like what they did in Maraqua 

(Too much imagination tonight lol) 

Ok back to the prizes, I love how most of them are animated this year! 

SO many good prizes this year! The Gaming Headset was an instant buy for me since I have a gaming theme pet and the fountain pen is B.E.A.U.Tiful despite only costing 1 point.

Also.........

Does this mean the Kiko Lake Team will stop stealing my stuff under the guise of "donations" (<.<) ( >.>) I mean, at least the Pant Devil is honest about blatant theft...... 

I`m very happy about Illusen being featured in two of the prizes from the Staff Tournament prize shop, haha! :D I just play a few games to get a participation medal for my userlookup, I`ve never been into the AC event.

1 hour ago, aleu1986 said:

I`m very happy about Illusen being featured in two of the prizes from the Staff Tournament prize shop, haha! :D I just play a few games to get a participation medal for my userlookup, I`ve never been into the AC event.

How did you spot her ? I spent the last 10 minutes looking until I finally found her lol .. very subtle

staffshop_doodleboard.gifoverflow_plushbox.gif

14 hours ago, Angeló said:

How did you spot her ? I spent the last 10 minutes looking until I finally found her lol .. very subtle

staffshop_doodleboard.gifoverflow_plushbox.gif

On the Doodle Board I spotted her pretty quickly, I couldn`t really tell at first if it was her or a regular Earth Faerie, but either way it qualifies for my collection. The plushie box I just had to take a closer look at, lol.

On 7/4/2020 at 7:05 PM, phoenixgal said:

Does this mean the Kiko Lake Team will stop stealing my stuff under the guise of "donations" (<.<) ( >.>) I mean, at least the Pant Devil is honest about blatant theft.....

Lol, that'd be good, but nope, not only have they won before, I actually saw someone post on the neoboards that they got that RE on the prize shop page, stealing their brand new Trampoline Yooyu prize. 😆

Prize Shop

I have not spent any points yet ..  I got a little more than 12,000 points but I'll wait to see what's worth buying .. last year some of the items with less points were more expensive to sell than the higher point items ..

Staff Tournament

So i ended up buying 1 stress ball for each of the Female characters + DJ Skellington

Also got a Plasma Ball + 2 Hang In There Posters + 1 Tasu Toy + 1 Artsy Hourglass + 16 Rock Companions (I still don't know what they do exactly) 

I bought the other prizes from user shops :

Doodle Board (15K) 4000 prize points is too much to spend on an item with such low value

Meepits Pulling Wires (65K) 7000 prize points are worth 2 stress balls which sell for the same NP each ... 

Overfloweing Box of Plushies (45K) same as Doodle Board ... 9000 prize points is way too much

Gaming Headphones (16K) it's not popular apparently ... and for 10000 prize points !!