Do you believe in ghosts?

Naamah D.

After my grandma died (she had severe dementia) things in my old house got really odd.  Like on the anniversary of her death our security system went off out of the blue. We looked outside and no one was out there. 

After my grandpa died from a brain injury (he was robbed in his own home) I saw a tall white figure with bent knees. Keep in mind, I have insomnia. I asked my mom if the people who robbed him hurt his legs and she said yes. 

I’ve always been skeptical but that did it for me. We ended up moving out. 

My husband is a carpenter and we (I helped with small things) worked on a high - end hospice.  It was freaky.  There were constant odd feelings, tools were unplugged, the drawers they were working on (it was a flood restoration), went missing and then came back, loose tiles were lifted into the air and dropped, air conditioners came on that couldn't possibly be working, lights were turned on in rooms that were locked, doors were opened that had been closed before.  It was totally shut down, no one else was there and it was a side job, so we worked it at night.  WOULDN'T DO THAT AGAIN!  My husband and I didn't believe in such things, but after this had many discussions.  Many other carpenters had started the job and quickly bailed.  On our last night there my husband returned the key to the lock box and saw a red face in the window.  
Not again!

14 hours ago, Naamah or Samantha said:

After my grandma died (she had severe dementia) things in my old house got really odd.  Like on the anniversary of her death our security system went off out of the blue. We looked outside and no one was out there. 

After my grandpa died from a brain injury (he was robbed in his own home) I saw a tall white figure with bent knees. Keep in mind, I have insomnia. I asked my mom if the people who robbed him hurt his legs and she said yes. 

I’ve always been skeptical but that did it for me. We ended up moving out. 

I've never encountered a supernatural or paranormal event, but I'd be open to one! I tend to be more of a Scully, believing there's a scientific explanation behind why so many people have hard-to-explain experiences. I know for some people the experiences are scary, but for some they serve to help grieve a loved one, like a final goodbye or knowing they'll be okay now. I read that there are only three possibilities:

1. You really saw a ghost, or an alien.

2. You truly, absolutely believe it happened, but it didn't.

3. A person has a reason to lie (which doesn't seem to be the case most of the time I hear stories from people?)

• 8 months later...

I grew up in a haunted house.  No actual ghosts but the house itself seemed to have a life of it's own.  The house was over 100 years old and had been many things in its life up to that point including a dentist's office and a brothel.  Because of the things that I experience while living there, it has actually made me more of a skeptic.  Having experienced real paranormal activity, I often look for mundane explanations before I settle on a supernatural one.

I have seen two different ghosts before at two different times/locations.  One, was while I was stationed in the military during an overnight shift at the base hospital.  The second, a residual haunting, happens at my current home.  From the first time we realized we had a residual haunting, we decided we wouldn't talk about it to anyone that comes over.  Over the past 23 years, over a dozen guests and/or roommates have experienced this particular haunting.  It's always the same.  Many of these people never met.  Almost half of them were skeptics and could not find a mundane explanation for the experience. 

So yes, I do believe in ghosts.