coming back to neopets after years

Hi guys!

I'm sure, like others, I'm just getting back into Neopets since I have more time on my hands. I played when I was younger, but really didn't do much, so I'm starting from scratch, so please feel free to send me tips and tricks!

Welcome back to neopets and welcome to TDN's Forum!

Make sure to check out the dailies to see which you like but make sure to spin Trudy's daily. That will help you a lot in getting some neopoints. Also, feel free to ask any questions you might have. We'll always try to help.

Once you have about 10,000-20,000 NP handy, do as many Employment Agency jobs as you can, using Jellyneo's Item Database to make sure the job will earn more money than lose you money. The last couple pages usually have the best jobs, but don't be afraid to wait a couple minutes for new jobs to refresh. The fresher ones are more worth your time, but they also are more competitive, so be quick about accepting them. If you're okay losing out on a job, look at the prompt and find the items (but don't buy them yet!) before you accept the job. Accept, then quickly buy the prepared goods to get the time bonus money. Don't buy them before accepting just in case someone gets to the job before you, as that means you're stuck with the items.

An easy way to make money off your shop is by using Jellyneo's Item Database and Igloo Garage Sale to get items for cheap and simply resell them. Also, Half-Off Day for the same thing.

Have fun too! This was all about making money, and sure, save and collect interest at the bank, but also enjoy your earnings! Customize, paint, spend it on gifts to friends. Enjoy!

10 hours ago, Secre said:

Food Club! I use Garets bets as my basis http://www.neopets.com/~boochi_target Although as I’ve got more confident I’ve tweaked them. I’ve well over doubles what I’ve put in!

Food Club is a really good money maker but since the account is new it won't be so profitable yet. As the account ages it certainly is worth it's while! Of course a double is a double so it's profit for sure (don't give up after a few busts!).

6 hours ago, Duma said:

Food Club is a really good money maker but since the account is new it won't be so profitable yet. As the account ages it certainly is worth it's while! Of course a double is a double so it's profit for sure (don't give up after a few busts!).

Yeah, good catch. I hadn't considered the age of the account which was rather daft of me. I think I assume everyone gets lucky and can get into their old account which is patently not true!

And also yes. I had a complete flop yesterday. Garet skipped a day and I decided I wanted to go ahead anyway... hey ho!

Oh hi! Thanks. 🙂

Hope everyone's doing ok. I've seen a few messages on here about people returning to Neopets again after ages away, like me. I'm wondering how much of it is because we're all stuck indoors right now. Lol

I only just read about the Food Club thing and I've got to say it seems really complicated and potentially all chance anyway and all this terminology the online guides use, yikes! Is the Garrets Bets site that was linked above any good at all?

Welcome back! 🙂

yeah, there's a few things in neo that are a bit daunting to get into (again). Foodclub is a change/luck you're playing with, but there's strategy behind it too (that's why we follow other people's bets). It's just that you have to do it multiple days to see an overall positive outcome. 

Also, there's an app, ghoul catchers, that can easily make you 50k a day. Just replay the first level and you can make it in 15min 😛

Ghoul catchers? Is that in the games section. There seems to be pages, particularly in the games section, that just don't load on my computer. I think it's because of Flash. I'm using Microsoft Edge rather than Chrome, I don't know what the issue is because I heard that the flash problem was with Chrome.

Speaking of problems, has anyone else been bombarded with cookie notifications on Neopets today? Out of the blue, every single non-beta version page I visit on the site comes up with a popup telling me how transparent they are as a business and would I accept cookies. There's also only an option to accept the cookies, nothing to be able to tailor or tweak the acceptance in any way. Just a big drop down list of the gazillions of businesses they're passing your data onto and a note at the bottom saying if you want to opt out of any of these to contact each business individually. 

Anyone else getting this?

On 7/2/2020 at 1:44 AM, Cyhiraetha said:

Ghoul catchers? Is that in the games section. There seems to be pages, particularly in the games section, that just don't load on my computer. I think it's because of Flash. I'm using Microsoft Edge rather than Chrome, I don't know what the issue is because I heard that the flash problem was with Chrome.

Speaking of problems, has anyone else been bombarded with cookie notifications on Neopets today? Out of the blue, every single non-beta version page I visit on the site comes up with a popup telling me how transparent they are as a business and would I accept cookies. There's also only an option to accept the cookies, nothing to be able to tailor or tweak the acceptance in any way. Just a big drop down list of the gazillions of businesses they're passing your data onto and a note at the bottom saying if you want to opt out of any of these to contact each business individually. 

Anyone else getting this?

Ghoul Catchers was an app, but it was discontinued earlier this year.

It's not just Chrome. Flash will be completely removed from all browsers on December 31st of this year, so many browsers have already set things up in such a way that you will need to actively enable Flash if you want to play a game that still uses it.

I personally haven't gotten any cookie notifications. Are you using any ad/tracker blockers? Maybe the ones I'm using have blocked that pop-up.

• 3 weeks later...