My Get Up and Go...

Secre

....has definitely got up and gone. Half way through the second week, level 15 with 16 games to level 16... my motivation is running desperately dry. I knew this was coming... 

EDIT: Made it to rank 16 and that's me done for the day!!

Mine slunk away a few days ago xD Mostly because I'm doing seriously badly at yyb, I'm finding it really hard to do better than 8-2, plus having hit rank 12 I can no longer rank up in a day by maxing out sosd and then topping up with minimal yyb, and because my yyb game's so bad I don't really want to be playing it at all. ^o^;;

Likewise. I simply have just felt demotivated the last couple of days. I'll try to get some more games in tonight, but I'm not really feeling it right now.

My current stats...

Yooyuball Rank 7

Goals Scored 2,061
  Goals by Elon "The Black Hole" Hughlis 1,791
  Goals by Oten Runeu 85
  Goals by Lamelle Turow 86
  Goals by Barit Jowes 99
  Saves by Tonie Plessix 93
Number of Wins 160

I just reached rank 1 yesterday. I really don't understand how anyone can keep on playing that much in a day. It's quite impressive you're only now getting demotivated in my opinion!

CONGRATS ON RANK 1 Duma! :D

I guess it's the tempo of the games. Yooyuball has a pretty even speed, whether you're starting out or have scored a lot, it's pretty quick-paced. SS starts off a bit slow for my liking, and then stays at what I feel comfortable with for only a short period, a moderate speed, but then suddenly, it gets really hectic. lol Although if I WERE to play any support game that'd be my first choice. After all, Apart from YYB, it's the first game I'm aware of to have Peophins in it, even if they are only angry, thirsty customers. lol

The others, MSN, is like Tug-o-war, I can go fast for only just so long before my fingers and wrist(s) start to get stiff and/or sore. SOSD, I have 2 things I don't care about playing it. You have to do an insane amount of games to equal the same points in YYB, and I really am not a Chia-fan. Never have been, doubt I ever will be. 😛

I've played the support games in years passed, but, meh. lol YYB is the only game that really works for me on a constant basis, even when it does get tedious, it's less-so, imho, than the support games. I know people can get to all-star without ever touching YYB
, and doing it honestly through the support games. No shade to them. Just not really my cup o' tea. 😉

14 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Mine slunk away a few days ago xD Mostly because I'm doing seriously badly at yyb, I'm finding it really hard to do better than 8-2, plus having hit rank 12 I can no longer rank up in a day by maxing out sosd and then topping up with minimal yyb, and because my yyb game's so bad I don't really want to be playing it at all. ^o^;;

At level 16, I'm now at the point where I can't level up by just maxing out YYB and that's going to hit my motivation even harder I suspect! In the early days I managed to max both YYB and SOSD, but yesterday I didn't even max YYB, I admit and only played a paltry 50 SOSD games!

And 8-2 isn't bad. Reddit is full of people who struggle to reach 5 goals, so you're in the decent bracket instantly!! It's disheartening though. I had a series of bad games with lots of Darigan balls, a really aggressive team and already low motivation! First game of today and my second ball is Darigan. Not a good start!

4 hours ago, AgJu said:

i have my regimen and i just do that. keeps me focused and if my team does poorly, at least i'll know i've done my part.

Good on you!! My regimen had been to max out YYB and SOSD but my motivation to do so yesterday was so minimal and it seemed to infect everything else!!

3 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Likewise. I simply have just felt demotivated the last couple of days. I'll try to get some more games in tonight, but I'm not really feeling it right now.

My current stats...

Yooyuball Rank 7

Goals Scored 2,061
  Goals by Elon "The Black Hole" Hughlis 1,791
  Goals by Oten Runeu 85
  Goals by Lamelle Turow 86
  Goals by Barit Jowes 99
  Saves by Tonie Plessix 93
Number of Wins 160

Yep, your goal average is significantly better than mine! That didn't help yesterday - I had multiple appalling games, but I was not going to lose the points by not sending when  I really didn't want to play anymore!

image.png.0757655b17767fc25305ff505dd9797c.png

1 hour ago, Duma said:

I just reached rank 1 yesterday. I really don't understand how anyone can keep on playing that much in a day. It's quite impressive you're only now getting demotivated in my opinion!

Hah! Congratulations on reaching your goal! Today's motivation is going to have to be that we're playing Meridell and if there is any chance to get to the first place in the podium... today is the day!!! I'm not saying yesterday was the first day I lost motivation, but it's the first day I let that lack of motivation really impact the number of games I played.

1 hour ago, Aquamentis12 said:

CONGRATS ON RANK 1 Duma! :D

I guess it's the tempo of the games. Yooyuball has a pretty even speed, whether you're starting out or have scored a lot, it's pretty quick-paced. SS starts off a bit slow for my liking, and then stays at what I feel comfortable with for only a short period, a moderate speed, but then suddenly, it gets really hectic. lol Although if I WERE to play any support game that'd be my first choice. After all, Apart from YYB, it's the first game I'm aware of to have Peophins in it, even if they are only angry, thirsty customers. lol

The others, MSN, is like Tug-o-war, I can go fast for only just so long before my fingers and wrist(s) start to get stiff and/or sore. SOSD, I have 2 things I don't care about playing it. You have to do an insane amount of games to equal the same points in YYB, and I really am not a Chia-fan. Never have been, doubt I ever will be. 😛

I've played the support games in years passed, but, meh. lol YYB is the only game that really works for me on a constant basis, even when it does get tedious, it's less-so, imho, than the support games. I know people can get to all-star without ever touching YYB
, and doing it honestly through the support games. No shade to them. Just not really my cup o' tea. 😉

I find SS too slow and MSN hurts my fingers, but SOSD I can play to max quite easily, so I tend to focus on YYB and SOSD and let everybody else worry about the rest. Unfortunately, the rest of my team seems to do the same!!

3 hours ago, Secre said:

Reddit is full of people who struggle to reach 5 goals, so you're in the decent bracket instantly!!

I dunno whether to feel grateful for me about this, or mortified for them! *feels both*

Today I've managed 3 games of yyb so far (10-0, 11-1 and 11-2 respectively). I need to play 12 games of yyb to be able to rank up by maxing sosd, so a quarter of the way through my first goal. ^.^;; I wonder why people are struggling THAT much with yyb. o.o

There's no way I can play msn, it would destroy my cheaply constructed laptop, and I have zero ability for time-management games. So I don't even attempt sls. kisskiss.gif

13 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I dunno whether to feel grateful for me about this, or mortified for them! *feels both*

Today I've managed 3 games of yyb so far (10-0, 11-1 and 11-2 respectively). I need to play 12 games of yyb to be able to rank up by maxing sosd, so a quarter of the way through my first goal. ^.^;; I wonder why people are struggling THAT much with yyb. o.o

There's no way I can play msn, it would destroy my cheaply constructed laptop, and I have zero ability for time-management games. So I don't even attempt sls. kisskiss.gif

I've got another 7 games until I've maxed YYB today - I'm finding Meridell's formation much easier to take than Roo Island's and my mojo has returned in wanting to help smash Meridell for the top spot if possible!! I've barely touched SOSD today though, so that's my next go to. I doubt I'll then have time for the other two games in honesty.

But yes, particularly as the first three goals are easy and the opponent only starts to get really agressive at ball 5 or 6!!

Good luck on reaching your next level!

3 minutes ago, Secre said:

and my mojo has returned in wanting to help smash Meridell for the top spot if possible!!

Realistically you've got no chance as they have SOTAC playing for them, but YOU GO GIRL with that ambition! *cheers on*

The first 3 goals seem ridiculously easy don't they, even when I'm being especially inept I manage to get the yooyu back  easily for the first 3. xD

22 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Realistically you've got no chance as they have SOTAC playing for them, but YOU GO GIRL with that ambition! *cheers on*

The first 3 goals seem ridiculously easy don't they, even when I'm being especially inept I manage to get the yooyu back  easily for the first 3. xD

Oh I know that all too well... that doesn't stop me from trying... and hey, if it gets me my mojo back for even a single day, I'll take that and run with it!!

YYB maxed for the day! Onto SOSD!! I need 35 to get to the next level now.

I made a spreadsheet to track my progress. As you can see, I lost the motivation to play YYB entirely early on. Been forcing myself to max out SOSD each day though, and it's paid off. By the end of the day I will be at rank 13. The day I don't max out SOSD will be the end of my streak though, as I'm using the total number of games as a reference for how far I have to go. Today I have to play until my total is 4010, for example. The other day was my birthday, and despite being tired I sat down and scored 200 goals because I realized as I was getting ready for bed that I hadn't completed my quota. I'm well past my goal of beating my highest rank from two years ago. My new goal is to reach all star, which I hope I can do.

progress.PNG

i thought bringing my laptop to my night shift would motivate me to play A LOT but I only did 10 YYB games

i cant focus while expecting a phone call from the ER every 10 minutes .. even if they don't call .. i have to stay alert

@Angeló That sounds like me with the kiddos around. I've deliberately told them to shush and wait for my game to finish or to go bug their Dad. 🤣

I've lost motivation the last couple of days for sure and haven't maxed YYB yesterday and I haven't even started playing at all today.

Conversely I've done better today, just done maxing yyb, and I might play another game or two of yyb yet 😮 I've not kept count of how many games I've played today, nowhere near maxing, but pretty sure it's over 20, and seeing as I could barely manage 1 a few days ago that's pretty good. :D

i do 30 games of YYB, 12 of SS, 36 of MSN, and 400 of SOSD. Chunking really helps me, which is breaking things up into smaller bits to work toward a goal. Like, instead of thinking, "Oh i have 400 games of SOSD", i do 40, refresh the browser so it doesn't get too bogged down, then do another 40. SOSD is really quick and while doing blocks of 40 doesn't really change things outwardly, its more of a mental technique so you're looking at a smaller bit and seeing it build up (40...80...120........).

SS and MSN, i don't bother going for a full score (SS can take over five minutes doing that) or smashing out the full 30 seconds in MSN. I go for the minimum score (-ish...minimum is like 280+ for SS and i do 350) and cut it short. MSN, you really don't have to smack the keys. You place one finger on each key and get a decent rhythm going (still setting a good pace, but not going full tilt). Then, when you see about 3000-3500 points, hit space and send your score.

What helps me with YYB is just seeing the numbers grow. i like seeing how many goals my Prytariel has scored, how many goals Rinok has scored, etc....

Once you get into a routine, muscle memory starts to happen and pushes you through.

I'm at rank 19 now and i'll def hit All Star tomorrow. After that, i'm just continuing my regimen to see if i can afford the top prize in the prize shop by the end.

I admit, I took the weekend off again - this time by complete choice though, rather than thinking one of the days was an off day! I figured that as my attention span was so limited late last week, I'd be much better going into this week fresh!

I didn't really get much chance to play yesterday, or today for that matter. Just got done with my 24th game to get me to 220 games of YYB finished. Good enough to just barely earn Rank 9.

Here are my current stats.

Yooyuball
Goals Scored 2,811
  Goals by Elon "The Black Hole" Hughlis 2,413
  Goals by Oten Runeu 123
  Goals by Lamelle Turow 125
  Goals by Barit Jowes 150
  Saves by Tonie Plessix 166
Number of Wins 220
Number of Draws 0
Number of Losses 0

Goals per game average is 12.77727272727273 (Thanks to the handy-dandy calculator program that comes with Windows for those decimals. lol)

Managed my 2nd 17-0 game tonight of this year. I usually can get about half a dozen or less of those in an AC. Still close but no luck on an 18-0 game. lol :PThat's my chief personal goal in even playing YYB, though being able to get a decent weapon and stamp from the prize shop are close seconds. 😉 But even those "goals", aren't enough to keep me playing every day the solid few hours it takes to cap-out on YYB. lol

I'm probably done with YYB for the night as I've got an appointment tomorrow. Gotta say, seeing Maraqua being much farther back in the ranks than it's usual range is also kind of demotivating. But hey, the team fights on, though I wish TNT'd stop giving Elon Hughlis this smarmy attitude of being a cocky yooyu-hog. It's getting REALLY old. Sure, he scores the OVERWHELMING amount of points compared to his teammates when I play, but that's because he's out front in the 1-3 format. If I went with 2-2 or 3-1 the others would have more opportunities to score. (Which I HAVE used in previous years). IF the AI for the OTHER members of the team, without the Yooyu, is EVER given that brain-increase they need, maybe I would play with one of those other formations. But, honestly, even as defenders they are RARELY where I need them, hence why our near-joke of a goalie has 166 saves for me this year. I've been wanting to trade him for YEARS for someone better, maybe Kiko Lake's peophin? Having a Peophin on the team would be awesome! 😉 Meh, don't mind me, tired-rambling. LOL 😉

I didn't really get much chance to play yesterday, or today for that matter. Just got done with my 24th game to get me to 220 games of YYB finished. Good enough to just barely earn Rank 9.

Goals per game average is 12.77727272727273 (Thanks to the handy-dandy calculator program that comes with Windows for those decimals. lol)

Managed my 2nd 17-0 game tonight of this year. I usually can get about half a dozen or less of those in an AC. Still close but no luck on an 18-0 game. lol :PThat's my chief personal goal in even playing YYB, though being able to get a decent weapon and stamp from the prize shop are close seconds. 😉 But even those "goals", aren't enough to keep me playing every day the solid few hours it takes to cap-out on YYB. lol

I'm probably done with YYB for the night as I've got an appointment tomorrow. Gotta say, seeing Maraqua being much farther back in the ranks than it's usual range is also kind of demotivating. But hey, the team fights on, though I wish TNT'd stop giving Elon Hughlis this smarmy attitude of being a cocky yooyu-hog. It's getting REALLY old. Sure, he scores the OVERWHELMING amount of points compared to his teammates when I play, but that's because he's out front in the 1-3 format. If I went with 2-2 or 3-1 the others would have more opportunities to score. (Which I HAVE used in previous years). IF the AI for the OTHER members of the team, without the Yooyu, is EVER given that brain-increase they need, maybe I would play with one of those other formations. But, honestly, even as defenders they are RARELY where I need them, hence why our near-joke of a goalie has 166 saves for me this year. I've been wanting to trade him for YEARS for someone better, maybe Kiko Lake's peophin? Having a Peophin on the team would be awesome! 😉 Meh, don't mind me, tired-rambling. LOL 😉

I managed to max YYB and SOSD yesterday and play about 120 games of MSN until the CAPCHA's drove me away. 

Looking at last years prize shop, the two items I would have gone for are 9000 points each - and it would be more cost effective to just buy the paint brush!! So, I guess it'll be see what paint brush is released, otherwise I'll want the Yooyu and then see if I have enough points for the stamp and books. The plushie again will be buyable if it's the same number of points approximately! I've already purchased last years for well under 200,000np. The two big items last year were wearables which don't interest me for the number of points involved. So my goal is to get myself a yooyu if possible for 9000 and then see how many extras I have managed to grind up!

I tend to play 3-1 so I have two main goal scorers. I occasionally mix it up by putting a 1-3 game in when I'm getting bored!! I do love Tandrak Shaye though - he's one of the scorers in the 1-3 formation and made me realise how gorgeous the Darigan Gelert design is!

i use the 3-1 formation and my Prytariel still has well over 3500 goals while the next in line has just under 500, so i dunno if formation really counts lol. I guess its more about who is in the middle.

On 6/17/2020 at 11:40 PM, AgJu said:

i use the 3-1 formation and my Prytariel still has well over 3500 goals while the next in line has just under 500, so i dunno if formation really counts lol. I guess its more about who is in the middle.

Nice goal-count! XD The center is usually the lead in many sports where that position exists. But in a 3-1 formation, he can get the yooyu first and pass it either to his right or left. So he/she doesn't necessarily HAVE to be the top goal-gainer. I've seen some where all 4 players have a pretty even amount of scores.

Since I use 1-3, Elon of course, is my top scorer. It's simpler just to post my stats as of tonight to show that. lol I'm only JUST Rank 11, but in years where I've used the other formations, 2-2 and 3-1, My other players had much more goals scored than they do since I decided to stick with 1-3. 😉

Yooyuball
Goals Scored 3,832
  Goals by Elon "The Black Hole" Hughlis 3,296
  Goals by Oten Runeu 167
  Goals by Lamelle Turow 170
  Goals by Barit Jowes 199
  Saves by Tonie Plessix 229
Number of Wins 298
Number of Draws 0
Number of Losses 0

Checking my last post here, it seems my GPG average has increased a bit. As of tonight it's 12.85906040268456. Even hit my 3rd score of 17-0 this year! I had a few 15s and 16s too, but I gotta say, Terror Mountain's team this round did a pretty good job. There were 2 games where they actually scored twice, though one I helped with a Darigan in my own net, just to save some time on the clock because it was the 2nd yooyu. 😉 TM is the 2nd team, I think to accomplish that this year. And their goalie was WAY more on the ball, pardon the pun, than Tonie Plessix is/was!

Oh, and I haven't been counting, but I'm estimating I've had a darigan yooyu show up at LEAST some number over 1 dozen times as the 10th yooyu of the game! I mean the score is 9-0 and the next yooyu is darigan, and has been MANY times this year. Fortunately, I'm still managed to get it in A net. 😉 So I'm still at all games being 10 goals or higher. I'm pushing myself to keep trying to see if it's humanly possible to reach 18 goals. 😉 My score of 17 tonight was nice, but it wasn't perfect. I had NO time to try for an 18th point when that round began. lol I'd need 3-4 seconds on the clock to even have a chance.

5 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Nice goal-count! XD The center is usually the lead in many sports where that position exists. But in a 3-1 formation, he can get the yooyu first and pass it either to his right or left. So he/she doesn't necessarily HAVE to be the top goal-gainer. I've seen some where all 4 players have a pretty even amount of scores.

Since I use 1-3, Elon of course, is my top scorer. It's simpler just to post my stats as of tonight to show that. lol I'm only JUST Rank 11, but in years where I've used the other formations, 2-2 and 3-1, My other players had much more goals scored than they do since I decided to stick with 1-3. 😉

Yooyuball
Goals Scored 3,832
  Goals by Elon "The Black Hole" Hughlis 3,296
  Goals by Oten Runeu 167
  Goals by Lamelle Turow 170
  Goals by Barit Jowes 199
  Saves by Tonie Plessix 229
Number of Wins 298
Number of Draws 0
Number of Losses 0

Checking my last post here, it seems my GPG average has increased a bit. As of tonight it's 12.85906040268456. Even hit my 3rd score of 17-0 this year! I had a few 15s and 16s too, but I gotta say, Terror Mountain's team this round did a pretty good job. There were 2 games where they actually scored twice, though one I helped with a Darigan in my own net, just to save some time on the clock because it was the 2nd yooyu. 😉 TM is the 2nd team, I think to accomplish that this year. And their goalie was WAY more on the ball, pardon the pun, than Tonie Plessix is/was!

Oh, and I haven't been counting, but I'm estimating I've had a darigan yooyu show up at LEAST some number over 1 dozen times as the 10th yooyu of the game! I mean the score is 9-0 and the next yooyu is darigan, and has been MANY times this year. Fortunately, I'm still managed to get it in A net. 😉 So I'm still at all games being 10 goals or higher. I'm pushing myself to keep trying to see if it's humanly possible to reach 18 goals. 😉 My score of 17 tonight was nice, but it wasn't perfect. I had NO time to try for an 18th point when that round began. lol I'd need 3-4 seconds on the clock to even have a chance.

fair enough. i tend to let Prytariel take the ball cuz i can't be bothered to drag things out by passing it around unless i HAVE to. lol

As far as teams giving other teams trouble, i found Mystery Island to be the most bothersome team for me this year, so far, although Maraqua's goalie sure gave me heck yesterday. I considered joining Maraqua when i first started doing the Altador Cup cuz i'm a water sign, but like i've said elsewhere...Aishas are my favorite species and Prytariel is my girl. ❤️ 

On 6/20/2020 at 7:39 AM, AgJu said:

fair enough. i tend to let Prytariel take the ball cuz i can't be bothered to drag things out by passing it around unless i HAVE to. lol

As far as teams giving other teams trouble, i found Mystery Island to be the most bothersome team for me this year, so far, although Maraqua's goalie sure gave me heck yesterday. I considered joining Maraqua when i first started doing the Altador Cup cuz i'm a water sign, but like i've said elsewhere...Aishas are my favorite species and Prytariel is my girl. ❤️ 

Right, I find it best to play YYB kind of like, golf. I can't and don't care to play golf, but like when you swing the club, you need good follow-through. That can help set you up in case the yooyu is intercepted or misses it's target. I've had a few really good volleys between my team and the opposing ones. Sure they ate up time, but it actually felt like playing a GAME instead of just dominating the field. lol I find that if you keep moving after shooting, keeping those things in mind, that it can be quite helpful if the unforeseen happens. 😉

Ah, I'm a gemini, but as far as elements go, water is probably the most versatile, and pretty cool to-boot. I don't understand why water-species aren't automatically considered "Maraquan", but since I'm a huge peophin fan, I went with the water-team. lol Though this is the worst I've seen them rank (so far), since I ended my last hiatus from Neopets. About 2012 or so. Before then, they weren't highly ranked either. Ah well. I've never been in the champion team, but it's fun to try and see how far the team goes. 😉

Right, I find it best to play YYB kind of like, golf. I can't and don't care to play golf, but like when you swing the club, you need good follow-through. That can help set you up in case the yooyu is intercepted or misses it's target. I've had a few really good volleys between my team and the opposing ones. Sure they ate up time, but it actually felt like playing a GAME instead of just dominating the field. lol I find that if you keep moving after shooting, keeping those things in mind, that it can be quite helpful if the unforeseen happens. 😉

Ah, I'm a gemini, but as far as elements go, water is probably the most versatile, and pretty cool to-boot. I don't understand why water-species aren't automatically considered "Maraquan", but since I'm a huge peophin fan, I went with the water-team. lol Though this is the worst I've seen them rank (so far), since I ended my last hiatus from Neopets. About 2012 or so. Before then, they weren't highly ranked either. Ah well. I've never been in the champion team, but it's fun to try and see how far the team goes. 😉

y'all's Elon is always at the top for goal-scoring though 😛