Finally got a 14-0! (Now 15-0!)

Secre

I know this isn't a huge achievement in the grand scheme of things and many of you can get 14 goals quite easily, but this is the first time I've managed it so whoot, whoot, whoot!

image.png.af1eef135b922b53689fb20628bbfff2.png

Edited by Secre
Update

6 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Hey CONGRATS! I knew you could get there! That FIRST time is always the most fun! :D When you get higher points more consistently, then you know you're improving even MORE! :D Keep up the great gaming! ^_^

Thanks! I seem to be more consistently scoring 10-11 points now rather than 8-9 and I've re-learned how to get that Faerie ball in! My goal average has crept up from 8.1 to 8.7! The Darigan is still my nemesis mind you!

LOL Wow! Glad to hear of your improvements! LOL Congrats on the faerie yooyu, that's one darn yooyu that rivals the darigan as far as frustrating me goes.. lol 😉 In fact sometimes I loathe the Faerie Yooyu more than a Darigan one, 😉 depending on how frustrating the faerie yooyu is compared to a darigan in the same game. 😉 It's possible to score quickly with a darigan, but the patterns are so mixed up you really have to guess, observe and keep trying.

If you want to time yourself in how long it takes to score. I keep tabs on the game-clock when I score a goal and just before starting the next yooyu after a goal was scored. If I can do it at a fast pace, without interruption, 2 seconds pass on the game clock, then after each score, 8 seconds is run off the clock, for whatever reason. Even if your opponents score. So you should be able to score 6 points in the first minute. it's not easy mind you, as the other team starts to get aggressive after your 4th goal. My goal, pardon the pun, is to see if I can reach 18-0 in a game, to see if it's possible. Anyway, tthe odd thing is this. It takes 2 seconds off the clock to score normally, without losing the yooyu. But if there are only 2 seconds left in the game, you will never get the yooyu there in time. you need 3 seconds on the clock to score a 2-second goal. Which makes me think that it takes slightly longer than 2 seconds to score, but not enough for the game clock to wind down a full 3 seconds. Because of this, I'm curious if it's possible to score 18 points in a game. I've scored 17 points several times over the years, but on those RARE occasions where I've gotten to 17, I can never get enough time, or get through the defense to see if 18 is truly possible.

That being said, that's what keeps the game from getting TOO dull for me. lol 😉 It's a goal to shoot for, pardon the double-pun. 😉

Oh, and it IS possible to score in 1 second, but the conditions are RARE. I've only done it once or twice over all these years. From what I've seen/experienced, you need a Fire Yooyu and the player enlargement power-up almost on top of each other close, so you get them both about the same time when you go to the center of the field. Then you've gotta hope that there isn't a defender (or goalie) in the Fire Yooyu's path when you shoot.

Phew, that got a bit long. Sorry 'bout that! lol ^_^ Good luck!!

4 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

LOL Wow! Glad to hear of your improvements! LOL Congrats on the faerie yooyu, that's one darn yooyu that rivals the darigan as far as frustrating me goes.. lol 😉 In fact sometimes I loathe the Faerie Yooyu more than a Darigan one, 😉 depending on how frustrating the faerie yooyu is compared to a darigan in the same game. 😉 It's possible to score quickly with a darigan, but the patterns are so mixed up you really have to guess, observe and keep trying.

If you want to time yourself in how long it takes to score. I keep tabs on the game-clock when I score a goal and just before starting the next yooyu after a goal was scored. If I can do it at a fast pace, without interruption, 2 seconds pass on the game clock, then after each score, 8 seconds is run off the clock, for whatever reason. Even if your opponents score. So you should be able to score 6 points in the first minute. it's not easy mind you, as the other team starts to get aggressive after your 4th goal. My goal, pardon the pun, is to see if I can reach 18-0 in a game, to see if it's possible. Anyway, tthe odd thing is this. It takes 2 seconds off the clock to score normally, without losing the yooyu. But if there are only 2 seconds left in the game, you will never get the yooyu there in time. you need 3 seconds on the clock to score a 2-second goal. Which makes me think that it takes slightly longer than 2 seconds to score, but not enough for the game clock to wind down a full 3 seconds. Because of this, I'm curious if it's possible to score 18 points in a game. I've scored 17 points several times over the years, but on those RARE occasions where I've gotten to 17, I can never get enough time, or get through the defense to see if 18 is truly possible.

That being said, that's what keeps the game from getting TOO dull for me. lol 😉 It's a goal to shoot for, pardon the double-pun. 😉

Oh, and it IS possible to score in 1 second, but the conditions are RARE. I've only done it once or twice over all these years. From what I've seen/experienced, you need a Fire Yooyu and the player enlargement power-up almost on top of each other close, so you get them both about the same time when you go to the center of the field. Then you've gotta hope that there isn't a defender (or goalie) in the Fire Yooyu's path when you shoot.

Phew, that got a bit long. Sorry 'bout that! lol ^_^ Good luck!!

So far 14 is the highest I've managed! I usually seem to take about three seconds to score the first goals and then it can take significantly longer later in the game!! 

I'm definitely better with the faerie than the darigan ball now. The faerie one I take obnoxiously close to the goal and hope for the best. The darigan I'm doomed!!

10 hours ago, Secre said:

So far 14 is the highest I've managed! I usually seem to take about three seconds to score the first goals and then it can take significantly longer later in the game!! 

I'm definitely better with the faerie than the darigan ball now. The faerie one I take obnoxiously close to the goal and hope for the best. The darigan I'm doomed!!

*nods* The routes you can take that take 3 seconds are usually the safer bets. After your 4th goal, you've probably noticed that the other team's forward gets to the Yooyu in time to steal it right after you've taken possession. So from the 5th Yooyu on, I usually let them grab it first and then hit the spacebar to tackle/steal the yooyu away and run towards the goal either angling up or down for a straight shot in. Depending on where the other team's defenders move. At least the ones I can see. 😉 I've also noticed you can't seem to start to charge a throw/pass while moving diagonally, at least when using the keyboard, which is the only way I play. So that can play into the difficulty as well with using a more direct 2-second route. Even for a 3-second route it can cause a small delay that could allow the other team to steal the yooyu back. Generally, if you both go for the yooyu at about the same time, almost every time I see that the 1st to reach the yooyu will lose it to whomever gets there and tackles it second. The other team seems to get it if you both get it at the same moment.

LOL I usually run to the top of the field when I get the Faerie Yooyu, then I hug the wall until I reach the upper-left corner, then head down and hope that I fake out the goalie to go UP to open the net, and fire, hoping I don't miss. lol

The darigan, while random, I think it has several patterns that change randomly each time it's put into play. The original pattern in the first couple ACs, was to be the opposite of the input. So if you wanted to shoot left, you'd aim to the Right. Obviously that was too easy after awhile. So I guess they randomized it. Still, sometimes I can kind of pick up on a pattern. I don't try for a straight in shot, I typically try an angled bank shot while aiming down and to the right, as I go from Right to Left when playing. It doesn't always work of course, but after a few tries, sometimes, you can almost get a sense of how it might go and try from a different angle. Even if you can't get the darigan in on your own, keeping it near the opponents' net can give a chance that they might score on themselves for you. Though, TBH if it's getting to be a waste of time, I'll try to score in my own net with the goalie if I'm having trouble getting the darigan back over to the opponent's side of the field. 1 point is an ok sacrifice to save time on the clock. I'm trying to score 10+ in all of my games this year, so time means something when trying to do that. lol Both Darigan and Faerie yooyus make that a pretty hard target to reach!

Sorry for yammering on so much. Though hopefully some of what I said will be useful in your games, and to anyone else who reads what I said. 😉 Happy gaming! ^_^

2 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Hey congrats! Maybe you can get to 16 or even 17 this year?! HOW awesome would that be?! :D
How's your GPG average going? I'll bet it's gone up quite a bit since you started this thread when you got your first 14-0 game. 😉

Thanks! I'll keep trying and hope for the 16. I'd say it's not likely but I didn't think 15 was likely either.

My GPG average currently stands at 9.7 which is definitely an increase from 8.17. Most of my games now are around the 10-11 goal mark, but I had several appalling games yesterday with 3 goals and 5 goals respectively due to the Darigan ball which would have completely wiped out the bonus from my two 15-0 games!!

I managed a 14-0 against Maraqua yesterday, that's the best for me so far this year. I've honestly not managed many games at all this year where the opponents don't score, so getting that, and a decent amount of goals myself, felt like quite an achievement. :D