i picked Scribbles cuz duh. Senor Malo i've had on my team every year, so i'm loyal to him. Jade and Kiko Cat seemed to do well last year and then Aesop cuz i like Kreludor.

I'm going by, in-part, some of who I had on my roster last year. I also chose 2 newbies to see how they do.

Forwards
Senor Malo, he does pretty well every year.
Miss Rainbow, since she's new I thought I'd give her a shot.

Defenders
Raven, again a new face and the other people I tried last year didn't perform as well as I'd have liked. So another newbie gets to try out.
KikoCat was the highest point-valued player each time I had her on my roster last year. So of COURSE she gets in as a starter! lol

Goalie
Ehlo Froyo is my goalie. She usually does well and she's a Maraqua-supporter. I always start with her, and end with her as long as she does decently. 🙂

Congratulations!

Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 4402 Neopoints!

image.png.542e7f4e9c1803497a93d32c3ba3ed7b.png

ok, that's not bad at all for the new girl!

*checks out the others* http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=altadorcup15&id=staff_tournament

Hmm! No switching to Raven then, she did really badly, but Miss Rainbow... *strokes chin*

And Ehlo Froyo is showing me I should have had more faith in her. 0.0

image.png.e0098c7c6f3c627a0b2d487c7f9bfc33.png  😮Seriously, is this even possible? Going back through the results of past years no-one's EVER scored that high before.

i'm glad Scribbles did well; gotta support my Terror Mountain players! I guess i'll have to switch out Aesop and Jade

Edit: I switched to Miss Rainbow (for obvious reasons) and Van Doodle (simply cuz his picture makes him look almost exactly like a friend of mine lol). Cat, Scribbles, and Malo remain

Congratulations!

Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 4522 Neopoints!
Does anyone know what item they gave to people who guessed the Star Player *Miss Rainbow* ?

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

Does anyone know what item they gave to people who guessed the Star Player *Miss Rainbow* ?

It's a stress ball thing 68249.gifunderwhelming, as these prizes always are.

I think I'm gonna leave my team as is.

2 hours ago, Wildbreeze said:

image.thumb.png.80b2561350e68d8f8a76585ecb47aacb.png

Well I did... pretty bad. Do you guys stick with the same team the whole time, or switch it up?

i switch out low-scorers, but i stay loyal to Senor Malo and whomever is representing Terror Mountain

I'd like to know how Ehlo Froyo got such a HIGH score and was NOT the Star Player? I had Miss Rainbow on my team, but she only had like, 1000ish points or so. Raven did terribly, so I've replaced her and Decided to trade out Senor Malo, because he did the 3rd worst on my 1st picks. I decided to keep Miss Rainbow since she was star player for week 1. She might improve in week 2, we'll see. 😉 My team is Gutterfoot, Miss Rainbow, Scrappy and KikoCat, with Ehlo Froyo, once again as my goalie. My points awarded for week 1 were 8665. Not too bad!

6 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

I'd like to know how Ehlo Froyo got such a HIGH score and was NOT the Star Player?

Star player's a misnomer for this category, isn't it, because the reason they decide to award if for each round is so random. I totally see it's basically how it has to be though, otherwise you could well end up with a situation where the same player got star player every time.

Meanwhile, I forgot to even pick a star player for this round. >.<;; So it's still Binary Supagoo for me!

after a DRASTIC drop in Round 2 due to DJ and Scrappy underperforming .. i bounced up and got my best result yet 

Glad Shenkuu's Gutterfoot won Star Player even though I neglected to choose her .. but I bought her Ball for 250k 

On 6/17/2020 at 3:23 PM, jellysundae said:

Star player's a misnomer for this category, isn't it, because the reason they decide to award if for each round is so random. I totally see it's basically how it has to be though, otherwise you could well end up with a situation where the same player got star player every time.

Meanwhile, I forgot to even pick a star player for this round. >.<;; So it's still Binary Supagoo for me!

Yeah, 'star player' does carry some connotations related to scoring, although I can't really think of a good name for what it is they actually mean with this award, as it's just so random. I do like the randomness of it though; makes it harder to predict. I think my correct prediction of Gutterfoot is my first correct star player prediction ever. XD

dropped DJ Skellington for Gutterfoot. Everyone else stays (if Scribbles weren't Terror Mountain, i'd have dropped him for Binary though 😛 )

I've changed my team as well for this round:

Haven't been able to predict a correct star player this year so we'll see how this round goes.image.png

I'd LOVE to know what's going on with Scrappy's terrible performance this year! Though the results in general are all over the place this year, aren't they xD

http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=altadorcup15&id=staff_tournament

What's gone on with Jade? Nothing from her at all for Round 3?? I'm glad I picked Gutterfoot, that's for sure! I'm dropping Scrappy for the last round, I gave her a chance to pull her socks up and she let me down. My team now.

image.png.81e1330ec8faab0892f6cd5aa89bbbf9.png

I've stuck with Binary Supagoo as my star player through the tourney, but I dunno if that will pay off. Then again, remembering Bobbleheadgate that he caused last year, I'm not at all sure that I want it to.... lol.gif

I'd say I've picked fairly decently this year, not my best, but not bad. I too would like to know why some of the returning players aren't at their usual top of their game this year. lol

Also, I've picked players who have been selected for the star-player, they've been on my team, but I picked OTHER players as the star player instead. I still don't get how Ehlo Froyo had that massive score in week 1, but was not the Star Player. Sure would like to know HOW TNT picks their star players if not highest points earned by that player!

Anyway, my total score is 23265 right now, and that's not too shabby! Even though I've got a number of new-players on my roster. They've done pretty well for their rookie year.

Good luck to everyone with your final picks for the Staff Tourney! ^_^

49 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

I'd say I've picked fairly decently this year, not my best, but not bad. I too would like to know why some of the returning players aren't at their usual top of their game this year. lol

Also, I've picked players who have been selected for the star-player, they've been on my team, but I picked OTHER players as the star player instead. I still don't get how Ehlo Froyo had that massive score in week 1, but was not the Star Player. Sure would like to know HOW TNT picks their star players if not highest points earned by that player!

Anyway, my total score is 23265 right now, and that's not too shabby! Even though I've got a number of new-players on my roster. They've done pretty well for their rookie year.

Good luck to everyone with your final picks for the Staff Tourney! ^_^

that first round was for "ambitious newcomer". Froyo's been around for a while, at least for the last couple of tourneys.

Edit: Although.....i think Scribbles is new as well and he had a much higher score than MissRainbow that round, so who knows with these people.....

I'm so glad I booted Scrappy out for the final round!

Congratulations!

Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 5145 Neopoints!

image.png.ec63b27bcc68d8b567f96dc8201e2e89.png

I notice on JN's post that Herdy has decided van Doodle is a guy, that face looks distinctly female to me, I think Herdy would have been better off using gender-neutral pronouns, has he seriously used the short hair=guy formula??

I wonder what he'd have done if Scribbles had won, because their look is truly gender ambiguous.

I was hoping the guy who did the new artwork would be a player this year, but as he's free-lance maybe they don't get asked. BUT, someone on IG said the same to him and he admitted to being rubbish at the games so no lose there. cough.gif

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I notice on JN's post that Herdy has decided van Doodle is a guy, that face looks distinctly female to me, I think Herdy would have been better off using gender-neutral pronouns, has he seriously used the short hair=guy formula??

but Van Doodle IS a guy 

van Doodle

Despite a rough season for the team, Tyrannia fans can take pride in their newest champion, van Doodle. Thanks to a crowdsourced strategy and non-stop practice, he's rapidly risen to out-compete some long-standing fan favourites.

44 minutes ago, Angeló said:

but Van Doodle IS a guy 

van Doodle

Despite a rough season for the team, Tyrannia fans can take pride in their newest champion, van Doodle. Thanks to a crowdsourced strategy and non-stop practice, he's rapidly risen to out-compete some long-standing fan favourites.

i'm still not sure about Scribbles though, even though i used a male pronoun with Scribbles in the past lol

Either way, i'm glad my team did well and i don't regret staying loyal to Scribbles, even if Binary was the superior goalie. TM players unite. ❤️