Well, that's annoying {Break Day)

Secre

So I calculated the days based on neopets own description of five days then a break day. So I didn't bother checking yesterday as it should have been the Jelly day. So I've logged in today and it turns out we played Lost Desert January and today is the Jelly Day. What the hell!?

Did you take into account that they started a day late? Also, I think a lot of people would prefer an off day on Mondays instead of on a Sunday. A lot more people are at home and actually have time to play games on Sundays instead of on a work day where there's barely time. Not everyone is stuck at home due to COVID.

Just checking it each day is the safest way really.

This is from the rules, so I don't understand where you're getting the 5 days from.

This year, there will also be three practice days within the tournament. The first two practice days will happen on the 7th day and the 14th day from Day 1 and the third practice break of 2 days will be at the end of Round 1.

If you take into count that the cup started on the 2nd, the 7th day would be today as the break day. The next break day will be on the 15th. I'm not sure about the others as that depends on when this round is over.

In previous years a LOT of people complained about the break days being on Sundays so that could be why they were switched this year too, or rather why the cup started a day late.

In case anyone else is wondering about the bye-days. 😃

18 minutes ago, Duma said:

Did you take into account that they started a day late? Also, I think a lot of people would prefer an off day on Mondays instead of on a Sunday. A lot more people are at home and actually have time to play games on Sundays instead of on a work day where there's barely time. Not everyone is stuck at home due to COVID.

Just checking it each day is the safest way really.

Yes, I thought I'd calculated it, but I completely accept that it's my own fault for not checking! I was too keen to get a day in playing Fallout 4, which even I can't get away with when 'working' as I need to be on emails all day. I won't make that mistake twice! But yes, five days starting a day late should have matched my calculations. Unfortunately, we played six days! I'd normally be thrilled that the break day was on a working day as well, so I can completely understand the other side!

image.png.7271fa49f1cad50237248590a7388fa6.png

10 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

This is from the rules, so I don't understand where you're getting the 5 days from.

If you take into count that the cup started on the 2nd, the 7th day would be today as the break day. The next break day will be on the 15th. I'm not sure about the others as that depends on when this round is over.

In previous years a LOT of people complained about the break days being on Sundays so that could be why they were switched this year too, or rather why the cup started a day late.

In case anyone else is wondering about the bye-days. 😃

I took it from 'This year's tourney is divided into five rounds, each consisting of five days worth of matches and (except for Round Five) an off day' on the standings page of the cup. So I'd calculated the five days play then the sixth day being the Jelly Day. I clearly didn't check the rules page which was a fail on my behalf! And I also know that if I'd have had my head in the game, rather than distracted by getting the Institute trophies in a world of post nuclear fallout, I wouldn't have had this issue.

Still annoying mind you!

2 hours ago, Sciurus carolinensis said:

Just to clarify, anything I play today will not increase my rank, so I shouldn't play, right? Every other year I've burned out before the first break day, so I'm not entirely sure.

If you want to reassure yourself, just play a game of sosd and see if your count increases. It'll only take the one so just a few seconds of your life lost. 🙂 

Just play 3 of any game today for the NP. :D

3 hours ago, Sciurus carolinensis said:

Just to clarify, anything I play today will not increase my rank, so I shouldn't play, right? Every other year I've burned out before the first break day, so I'm not entirely sure.

Correct, for the past few years, break days have meant we can't increase our ranks.

18 hours ago, jellysundae said:

If you want to reassure yourself, just play a game of sosd and see if your count increases. It'll only take the one so just a few seconds of your life lost. 🙂 

Just play 3 of any game today for the NP. :D

Yep, that's exactly what I did I admit! Just to check!!

Happy second Bread Day, guys! Bye days are forever bread days to me now. This stemmed from a typo made on the FL board, a happy accident I'd call it!

BRING ON THE CARBS!

9 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Happy second Bread Day, guys! Bye days are forever bread days to me now. This stemmed from a typo made on the FL board, a happy accident I'd call it!

BRING ON THE CARBS!

lol I loved the concept!

I don't think I ever really noticed break (or bread) days before because I was never this invested on the cup but I cant lie: i'm GLAD TNT know how obsessed we can get and just makes us take a breather every week.