Flash/Shockwave Problems

Guirxh

Hello! I am not quite sure what's going on, and I can't find help anywhere in my searches.

I use firefox and my anti virus is Avast, I've tried to make these flash areas work on other browsers but it didn't work either.

My problem is a bit strange, because it seems like SOME areas of neopets where flash is needed works fine, but others dont.

I cannot play any game on the site, except the beta games (which I believe is html5 so ye). The screen on flash games are grey and nothing loads. (Attachment Capture2)

I cannot access most of the worlds, except for Altador.. Lutari Island, Meridell and Lost Desert. (Attachment Capture1)

The Customise Pet area does not work either, I can't even see my pet on his page. (But for some reason it works on the Quick Reference page.. o_O)

I am a returning player so even if the issue is easy to fix, please let me know.

Capture2.PNG

Capture1.PNG

I've been getting this when playing YouYouball today. Flash is still fine for the wheels, though. I wonder if the system is overloaded with eager Altador Cup players?

Hopefully it'll sort itself out. Have you tried rebooting (yeah, I know it's what everyone says)?

A "grey screen", where the Flash game is supposed to load, is often due to Flash not being enabled within your browser, and for Neopets, itself. Some maps have been converted to HTML5, but "customization" still uses Flash. Firefox, now, periodically asks to enable Flash. Meaning, if it asks, and you play on Neo for a while, going to the maps, it may ask you to enable it, again. Do you receive the prompts to enable Flash, when logging into Neo, for the first time of the day, when going to the "Maps of Neopia"? Latest Flash version is 32.0.0.371. As @RonJB mentioned, is it up-to-date? You mentioned Avast. Does Avast ad a plugin/extension to Firefox? If so, it is possible Avast could be blocking Flash, as most security products consider Flash a security risk. Avast may allow exceptions, too. If so, try adding Flash, and see if it helps.

Yeah I mentioned Avast cause it seems to come up in flash issues,

Firefox never asked to allow Flash, but I did changed the settings to allow Flash, still never worked.  And yeah, is fully updated. I've even went to trouble of cleaning data and stuff, I did basically everything haha.

I'm still not sure what the issue is but it can be literally so many things..

I do have a lot of customization on my firefox, because I use on really high privacy settings. However, I've done so much changes to try fix that, in the end I just tried to download a different browser all together..

It didn't work on chrome before I did that, but I think is cause I didn't have any extensions or settings. I'll just use the other browser for now cause is a lot easier, lol.

It works for now on the other browser..

If you have an add-blocker or certain add-ons and extensions, they could also be blocking flash. I'd try disabling everything and see if the flash things load that way and then turn everything back on one by one and you'll hopefully find the culprit that way.

I've had to switch to Chrome for the Altador Cup. While playing Slushie Slinger in Firefox, the spacebar doesn't work, but it works in Shootout Showdown. It's a weird glitch. Funny thing is, even in Chrome I'm able to load the Customization panel and dress up my pets, which never loads in Firefox.