reCAPTCHA checks

Secre

I've just pinged an email to neopets support asking them to rethink the reCAPTCHA checks as I am getting pulled up on every MSN game to click on fire hydrants and paving slabs. The only reason I'm playing the game is because Darigan have lost every day on it so far!

If anyone else is fed up, it might be worth nudging them. The more voices the better and all that.

Yesterday I played 110 times but only had to click through captcha once every 10 games or so

(and through the last 20 times there was one each time it was sooo annoying)

I like that they're taking measures against cheaters, but I'll email them about it aswell 

it seems random cuz yesterday i only had to do one captcha through all my SS and MSN games, but today i had like 3 just on MSN

9 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

I have not had any reCaptcha when I click to play YYB. I'm using my PC with Windows as the OS. I don't typically play the support games, since I have enough trouble getting YYB games in. But I'll definitely agree that they can be annoying!

i don't think they do reCaptcha for YYB and SOSD. i have yet to see one for either game.

2 hours ago, AgJu said:

i don't think they do reCaptcha for YYB and SOSD. i have yet to see one for either game.

They don't. These are the only two games I play during the AC and I've never been bothered by them pesky Captchas. angrynegg.gifbgc.gif

On 6/5/2020 at 10:45 AM, Secre said:

I've just pinged an email to neopets support asking them to rethink the reCAPTCHA checks as I am getting pulled up on every MSN game to click on fire hydrants and paving slabs. The only reason I'm playing the game is because Darigan have lost every day on it so far!

If anyone else is fed up, it might be worth nudging them. The more voices the better and all that.

I  hate to sour things, but you're going to have to deal with the captchas. Yes, they're annoying and whining about them to TNT isn't going to do anything. They've been put in place to prevent people from cheating. Players have been hounding TNT for YEARS to do something about the cheaters and this was the only solution they could implement to stop them. I'd rather have the captchas in place instead of all the cheaters running amok and completely ruining the game for everyone. I find it helps if you refresh the game screen after several games to minimize the captchas from popping up.

1 hour ago, Mouseykins said:

I  hate to sour things, but you're going to have to deal with the captchas. Yes, they're annoying and whining about them to TNT isn't going to do anything. They've been put in place to prevent people from cheating. Players have been hounding TNT for YEARS to do something about the cheaters and this was the only solution they could implement to stop them. I'd rather have the captchas in place instead of all the cheaters running amok and completely ruining the game for everyone. I find it helps if you refresh the game screen after several games to minimize the captchas from popping up.

*nods* Sounds like a "necessary evil" then. TNT also has had a similar attitude/policy for ages in regards to the battledome. They just set the stage, and we have to deal with it as things are. Like over-powered opponents in the BD, even with the old Battledome. It makes some measure of sense, even if it can be frustrating at times. 😕My biggest issue, is that the once-per-battle items and abilities could be used an unlimited amount of times by the 1-p opponents, while we are restricted to their limited use. It isn't fair, but hey neither is life nor some games. 😉 I'd like to see more Str/Def boosts for pets in the BD, but I seriously doubt that'll happen anytime soon, or even ever. *sigh*

On 6/5/2020 at 7:30 PM, anapm.agostini said:

Yesterday I played 110 times but only had to click through captcha once every 10 games or so

(and through the last 20 times there was one each time it was sooo annoying)

I like that they're taking measures against cheaters, but I'll email them about it aswell 

The first handful of times I had very few captcha's. Once I got over about 20 I was getting captcha's every time.

On 6/6/2020 at 6:02 AM, Aquamentis12 said:

I have not had any reCaptcha when I click to play YYB. I'm using my PC with Windows as the OS. I don't typically play the support games, since I have enough trouble getting YYB games in. But I'll definitely agree that they can be annoying!

No, there's no captcha on YYB or SS.

1 hour ago, Mouseykins said:

In fairness, my email was polite and sensible rather than whining or rude - I asked if they had to keep the captcha's could they reduce the number down to every 50 games or something. I understand it's to stop cheaters, but a captcha on every game for a twenty second game is rather ridiculous and is really offputting. Particularly when some of the captcha's were putting me through three checks before I could move on, meaning the anti-cheating device was taking more time than the game itself!! I'll just end up not playing that game rather than hounding them in earnest, but it seemed worth a try to just chuck them a polite email and more voices tend to make more of a difference.

I don't know a lot about computer security systems, I freely admit, but this seems like a really cack handed way to manage cheaters - and is one that adversely effects the majority of honestly playing characters more than the cheating players, who can also just do what I'm going to end up doing and not send scores on the two affected games.