Ranks Easier To Progress Through?

Secre

I've just hit rank 9 and it occurs to me that whilst I've been playing hard, I certainly haven't been playing that hard in comparison with former years. I take it the number of games required have gone down in line with the gaming caps? Does this mean the prizes are easier to get or does it simply mean that you have to double All-Star in order to get the highest prizes??

As an aside, I tried to look this up online and instead found a forum where people are openly discussing using software to cheat and send scores for them. Whilst I knew this was possible theoretically, it's not something I've come across before. I mean, why bother playing if you're not going to actually put the effort in!? Surely it makes the trophy and the prizes pointless at best...

Congrats on Rank 9! It SEEMS like they change the number of games needed to reach All-star every now and then (over the years). Once you reach All-star, it doesn't really mean you can afford the best prize shop prizes. You can continue to play and rack up prize shop points while helping your team overall beyond the All-star rank. You're rank won't change, but that's the only thing that doesn't.

As far as the cheaters go, they're losers. Instead of the challenge, or the fun in the challenge, I think they get a kick out of gaming the system and raking in Neopoints when they sell their extras (prizes) from the AC. Kinda like the difference between protestors and rioters/looters. One group is legit, the other is using the first group as a cover for their illegitimate shenanigans. For them, it seems like the ends justify the means, whereas for regular players, you play by the rules and have some enjoyment out of doing a game well-played. For the good of the team and for hopefully enough prize shop points to afford something good.

i've just hit rank 8 myself. πŸ™‚

Β 

And yeah, they have brought the max down on games QUITE A BIT through the years.....there was a time when i think the max for SOSD was like 1200 games. YYB was at 300 at one point, i believe. As far as i know, i don't think they've adjusted the amount of prize shop points you receive though.

9 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Congrats on Rank 9! It SEEMS like they change the number of games needed to reach All-star every now and then (over the years). Once you reach All-star, it doesn't really mean you can afford the best prize shop prizes. You can continue to play and rack up prize shop points while helping your team overall beyond the All-star rank. You're rank won't change, but that's the only thing that doesn't.

As far as the cheaters go, they're losers. Instead of the challenge, or the fun in the challenge, I think they get a kick out of gaming the system and raking in Neopoints when they sell their extras (prizes) from the AC. Kinda like the difference between protestors and rioters/looters. One group is legit, the other is using the first group as a cover for their illegitimate shenanigans. For them, it seems like the ends justify the means, whereas for regular players, you play by the rules and have some enjoyment out of doing a game well-played. For the good of the team and for hopefully enough prize shop points to afford something good.

Thanks! I played one previous AC seriously and reached rank 17 in total - I just checked the stats on it on a rank calculator and it would have got me All Star this year!! I'll see how far I get with it! I'd like to at least hit All-Star, particularly as the ranks are easier to progress through.

And yes, at least you can continue to earn prize points at the same time as helping your team out once All-Star has been achieved!!

2 hours ago, AgJu said:

i've just hit rank 8 myself. πŸ™‚

Β 

And yeah, they have brought the max down on games QUITE A BIT through the years.....there was a time when i think the max for SOSD was like 1200 games. YYB was at 300 at one point, i believe. As far as i know, i don't think they've adjusted the amount of prize shop points you receive though.

I got taken by surprise this year as I was definitely expecting the cap to be higher than 46! Says how long I've been inactive really!!

20 hours ago, Secre said:

Thanks! I played one previous AC seriously and reached rank 17 in total - I just checked the stats on it on a rank calculator and it would have got me All Star this year!! I'll see how far I get with it! I'd like to at least hit All-Star, particularly as the ranks are easier to progress through.

And yes, at least you can continue to earn prize points at the same time as helping your team out once All-Star has been achieved!!

Congrats! So maybe you will reach All-star this year? Good luck! :D

lol Right. πŸ˜‰

On 6/6/2020 at 5:57 AM, Aquamentis12 said:

Congrats! So maybe you will reach All-star this year? Good luck! :D

lol Right. πŸ˜‰

That is certainly my aim. I want that shiny trophy! I'm slightly peeved that the Jelly Day ddin't match where I thought it would be - five days play should have taken us to Saturday and then Jelly Day on Sunday. I didn't play on Saturday, but knew I was losing the points. I hadn't expected to need to play yesterday and so was rather surprised this morning to discover I had lost not one but two play days and can't build points today. Bah!

Yeah, I thought Jelly-day was Sunday too, I played, but didn't have a lot of time so I didn't get many games in. Then of course, today is/was Jelly Day. I don't see why we can't at least play for our own ranks and points, bye-days NEVER counted toward our chosen team's rankings in the years before that policy was put in place! Just our personal stats. I managed to get to 138 wins so far, so I'm in Rank 6. Better progress than I've made in previous years at this point of the AC, but not as fast as many other skilled players. πŸ˜‰ I may score high in the games I get in, but you need to get games in to have any shot at decent prize points. πŸ˜‰ I just don't like not trying my best when I play YYB. I've got total 1766 goals so far. My PPG average is 12.7971, (rounded down). So slightly better than last year's, but there's still a long way to go and I could still blow a number of games. lol Plenty of time for that to happen. lol I'd prefer quality of games to count too. Not JUST quantity. πŸ˜‰

I wish Maraqua was doing better. I don't remember them having a season starting out so far back. I don't know how they did during the few times/years I took a hiatus from the site. But I'm a little disappointed so far. Ah well, there's plenty of time for things to change on that front too! πŸ™‚

I just did the actual maths - this year it is 740 YYB games to get to All-Star and the year I managed to hit level 16 I playedΒ 1135 games of YYB, 1960 of SOSD and 162 of SS so yep, it is definitely easier to progress through those ranks by quite a long way. Double all star this year would likely be the equivalent of All-Star in AC V... which bleeding heck, was ten years ago!!Β