Pet Peeve

Secre

So, we're on Day 3 and everyone's fingers must be starting to ache with repetitive strain. So what's your pet peeve about the Altador Cup?

Personally, mine is the character shifting during Yooyuball. It knocks me right off as even if a character is slightly further away from the ball, I'd far prefer to be able to stick with the one I'm controlling instead of sending a random character on the other side of the pitch hurtling off in the wrong direction!! 

Any others?

i cringe every time i get a darigan yooyu

which appears to be every-single-game UUUUUGGGGHH

i've gotten to a point where when it shows up I just l go do something else and wait for the game to end or some goal being scored without me making an efford

17 minutes ago, anapm.agostini said:

i cringe every time i get a darigan yooyu

which appears to be every-single-game UUUUUGGGGHH

i've gotten to a point where when it shows up I just l go do something else and wait for the game to end or some goal being scored without me making an efford

ooooooh yes. I tend to move to a second tab and play three games of SOSD (2 for a faerie yooyu) before checking back to see if the other team has scored. It's about a 50:50 chance with darigan at least that they'll score an own goal! It definitely affects my goal per game average though.

Today has been awful, I've been getting one or two faerie and darigan balls per game which is highly aggravating!

55 minutes ago, Secre said:

ooooooh yes. I tend to move to a second tab and play three games of SOSD (2 for a faerie yooyu) before checking back to see if the other team has scored. It's about a 50:50 chance with darigan at least that they'll score an own goal! It definitely affects my goal per game average though.

Today has been awful, I've been getting one or two faerie and darigan balls per game which is highly aggravating!

me too! (replying to this while a darigan ball is on my game lol)

for the most time I've been having the other team scoring for me, so yay. but today has ruined my GPG average 😕

i was a little over 10 yesterday, but i'm down to a solid 8 now. bummer

TBH, I usually have more trouble with the Faerie Yooyu than the Darigan. I mean sure, the Darigan can go any which-way, but I try the approach of getting within range of the goal and firing away from the net, sometimes it works, sometimes not. I typically try to use ricochet shots.

With the Faerie Yooyu, if I can, I'll run up, left and down, hopefully faking out the goalie and then I send it in. USUALLY, anyway. lol

I HATE how unreliable the goalie is even WITH TRYING to take manual control of him. I got scored on last night when I was fighting to control my goalie. Even to the point of holding down the V-key, it still wanted to keep switching the active player to one of the defenders close to the goal, but out of the way of the opposing player with the yooyu.

I prefer to play 1-3 formation. Not that my defenders don't get to score points, just, it's easier to have one forward to do most of the maneuvering and have a good defensive line just in case the other team gets the yooyu.

I also tend to LOATHE the AC in general, (from the time it ends, to the time it begins) because it takes so much time over the entire month, but even moreso if we can't earn personal rank and prize shop points on the weekends, as has been the case the last 2 ACs. I don't know about this year yet... But THAT'S when I, and most people I would imagine, can actually spend a good portion of the day playing in the AC!

That being said, since I came off my last hiatus, almost a decade ago, I've played in every AC since. The lure of decent prizes is usually the reason. 😉 That, and I'd like to be playing when Maraqua wins it all. lol

Oh yes, a warning about the goalie. If your goalie is holding a fire yooyu, do NOT face your own goal! The fire yooyu automatically launches after a couple of seconds, simulating the HEAT from the yooyu being like a "hot potato", and you can score against yourself if the goalie is looking at his own net when that happens. Happened to me, ONCE. LOL Years ago though. 😉

You can also score on the enemy with the goalie, but that goal will only count for the game, not in your total goal count on your stats page. Goalie + Fire Yooyu + Enlargement power-up + Luck. lol I've done that several times over the years. lol

27 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

TBH, I usually have more trouble with the Faerie Yooyu than the Darigan. I mean sure, the Darigan can go any which-way, but I try the approach of getting within range of the goal and firing away from the net, sometimes it works, sometimes not. I typically try to use ricochet shots.

With the Faerie Yooyu, if I can, I'll run up, left and down, hopefully faking out the goalie and then I send it in. USUALLY, anyway. lol

I HATE how unreliable the goalie is even WITH TRYING to take manual control of him. I got scored on last night when I was fighting to control my goalie. Even to the point of holding down the V-key, it still wanted to keep switching the active player to one of the defenders close to the goal, but out of the way of the opposing player with the yooyu.

I prefer to play 1-3 formation. Not that my defenders don't get to score points, just, it's easier to have one forward to do most of the maneuvering and have a good defensive line just in case the other team gets the yooyu.

I also tend to LOATHE the AC in general, (from the time it ends, to the time it begins) because it takes so much time over the entire month, but even moreso if we can't earn personal rank and prize shop points on the weekends, as has been the case the last 2 ACs. I don't know about this year yet... But THAT'S when I, and most people I would imagine, can actually spend a good portion of the day playing in the AC!

That being said, since I came off my last hiatus, almost a decade ago, I've played in every AC since. The lure of decent prizes is usually the reason. 😉 That, and I'd like to be playing when Maraqua wins it all. lol

Oh yes, a warning about the goalie. If your goalie is holding a fire yooyu, do NOT face your own goal! The fire yooyu automatically launches after a couple of seconds, simulating the HEAT from the yooyu being like a "hot potato", and you can score against yourself if the goalie is looking at his own net when that happens. Happened to me, ONCE. LOL Years ago though. 😉

You can also score on the enemy with the goalie, but that goal will only count for the game, not in your total goal count on your stats page. Goalie + Fire Yooyu + Enlargement power-up + Luck. lol I've done that several times over the years. lol

I was wondering if it was possible to score with the goalie lol

i didn’t know weekends don’t score prize shop points/personal rankings... I thought it did at least for the rankings? Idk, I either only sign up and never play or bust myself for all star apparently (but that only happened once and a couple years ago so I really don’t recall)

also, I’ve been realizing most people play with their keyboard???? I can’t for the life of me. 
and as for the goalie, I never even tried to control it. I just let he do his job whenever he feels like it lol

Important note: You are NOT allowed to play 2 games at once! TNT has stated this several times before. They consider this as cheating and it could get your account frozen, which is no fun. And worst of all, if you're frozen for cheating you won't be getting your account back. So please, if you love your account, only play one game at a time.

i said in another post that i am not messing with Darigan Yooyus whatsoever. I can score very easily with Faerie yooyus....grab the faerie yooyu, head for the goal, get close to the goalie, and then fire. Since the Faerie yooyu arcs, it'll usually  go around the goalie unless you got close enough for the goalie to steal it. If you have to, move down or up so the goalie moves away from the center and then quickly move back into place and fire.

Darigans are totally random and i do not feel like trying for random goals or waiting for the other team to score on itself.

And yes, player shifting is annoying.

I also kinda find it annoying that sending a score in SS and MSN sends you through a captcha (not always giving you a captcha, but sending you to that blue screen) or reloads, otherwise i would play more of each for the prize shop points, but oh well. SS is boring and too much MSN CAN wreak havoc with the fingers.

9 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Yes, I get the goalie issue. The other one is when you want to control a player but the game keeps switching to the goalie. I have scored once or twice with him, although not often.

8 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

Important note: You are NOT allowed to play 2 games at once! TNT has stated this several times before. They consider this as cheating and it could get your account frozen, which is no fun. And worst of all, if you're frozen for cheating you won't be getting your account back. So please, if you love your account, only play one game at a time.

Oh, I knew playing two YYB games at the same time was cheating. I didn't realise playing SOSD at the same time was cheating. Thanks for the warning; I'll read whilst the Darigan ball is in play if I can't get anapm.agostini's tip to work!

2 hours ago, AgJu said:

I also kinda find it annoying that sending a score in SS and MSN sends you through a captcha (not always giving you a captcha, but sending you to that blue screen) or reloads, otherwise i would play more of each for the prize shop points, but oh well. SS is boring and too much MSN CAN wreak havoc with the fingers.

I'm glad that's not just me... I play a few SS as at least the game is longer before the reload, but reloading after MSN is just agravating and time consuming!

8 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

I mean I figure I shoudn't, but since they added the recaptcha, it takes so long for MSN to reload that I can get 2 SOSD games in the mean time. Maybe that's risky too? Idk 😞 Because technically its not 2 games at once, rather playing one while the other loads?

47 minutes ago, anapm.agostini said:

I mean I figure I shoudn't, but since they added the recaptcha, it takes so long for MSN to reload that I can get 2 SOSD games in the mean time. Maybe that's risky too? Idk 😞 Because technically its not 2 games at once, rather playing one while the other loads?

You should be ok if you're playing during reloading... I think it's my technique of playing when the darigan ball comes in that would be against the rules. I have my kindle out now! Definitely not worth getting banned over!

If you practice enough with those Darigans you can get them into the goal. I dislike them with a passion and I can sometimes get them in the goal on the first shot. If not, I just keep the yooyu on my side of the field.

a pet peeve i forgot about til today is in YYB when the opponent gets the ball does one of the following:

1)walks AWAY from your goal with it

2)passes it between themselves instead of shooting at your net

3)bouncing it against walls instead of aiming for your net

Like, i know i should be glad they're not actually scoring points on me, but i'm much more annoyed by them stalling the freaking game for so long that way.

20 hours ago, Secre said:

Yes, I get the goalie issue. The other one is when you want to control a player but the game keeps switching to the goalie. I have scored once or twice with him, although not often.

One thing I forgot, as, or AFTER you shoot the Yooyu at the net, and the primary team member switches to another, for some unknown reason, but that new, generally further-away team member GRABS the power-up that you were saving for the non-normal Yooyu, wasting it completely before the non-normal Yooyu even shows up! I managed 44 games yesterday and for awhile that was happening in MANY of those games. VERY frustrating!

ok, pet peeve for me, Mirsha just standing there at the beginning. Sometimes with the first yooyu of a game she's unresponsive, I can't get her to come up to the centre. Does anyone else ever experience this with the first one?

Accidentally right-mouse clicking the screen, while playing YYB. It brings up an Adobe Flash box that you must click "Close". While the box is open, I cannot control my player(s). And, the screen change/refocus in YYB. Sometimes, if you are on the right side of the field, and go to the left side, generally at the bottom, the game screen will "shift/refocus". Not super bad, but just weird/strange.

Of course, the mind-numbing, monotonous, corporal tunnel causing game play. AC hasn't really changed, since the beginning. The same 4 games. The same number of days (roughly). And, even if you reach All-Star, it's still not enough points for the top AC Shop prizes, let alone to get more than one. I love/hate AC.

Last thing. The (incredible) guilt I feel, when I don't score with the Clockwork YooYu. Are they able to repair it, or, it is gone forever? It's all my fault, if it explodes.

41 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Last thing. The (incredible) guilt I feel, when I don't score with the Clockwork YooYu. Are they able to repair it, or, it is gone forever? It's all my fault, if it explodes.

I FEEL THIS TOO!

I like to think they self-repair like the Iron Giant, his bits work their way back to each other and reform, don't they.

6 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I FEEL THIS TOO!

I like to think they self-repair like the Iron Giant, his bits work their way back to each other and reform, don't they.

I like to think that, too, but it's not certain, and I just don't know. If TNT would add that, then I'd feel a little bit better. Still, don't like the little guy/gal exploding. I wonder if we could get the PPL involved?! However, they have THE BEST after-score animation, as they do "the robot". Always makes me laugh!

An interview was written years ago about these clockwork yooyu's!

This is what "could" happen:

1 hour ago, Mouseykins said:

That's an interesting article she wrote!

Hmmm I was thinking it would be like with certain Pokemon, Like Voltorb, that can use "Explosion". They release their excess energy and then faint from the exertion. Then again, TNT has shown dark humor before so.... who knows? Maybe not even TNT. lol

3 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

That's a fascinating potential look at the behind scenes... and now I really want a yooyu. I have a CHristmas one but I suspect that was given in an event or something... most of my old petpets were. I might need to add that to my list of things to work for and perhaps have a Darigan (to mock my own lack of ability) or just buy a Clockwork as I don't think there's a paintbrush as they are so cute! The latter I could certainly do immediately, but I'm trying to build up my bank balance not deplete it!

*Edit: Just realised the clockwork paintjob is the Robot brush. I'm being slow this morning!!

On 6/6/2020 at 8:03 PM, Scoobert_Doo said:

Of course, the mind-numbing, monotonous, corporal tunnel causing game play. AC hasn't really changed, since the beginning. The same 4 games. The same number of days (roughly). And, even if you reach All-Star, it's still not enough points for the top AC Shop prizes, let alone to get more than one. I love/hate AC.

Yes, I have to agree with you on the fingers and joints! I've noticed it more this year than last time I played, so I'm clearly getting old. It's a pity it's against the rules to coopt someone else to play for you. I have two much younger sisters who could be bribed and cajoled with sweet things and Lego. Although, not only would that get me banned from neopets, it might get me banned from the house as well... I can't imagine my foster mother being all too pleased at hyperactive children and more Lego on the floor!

I'm always in two minds with the clockwork. One glad that an extra eight seconds is gone and two guilty because my ineptitude led to its explosion.