What's Everyone's Goals?

Secre

Personally, I'm aiming to max out Yooyuball daily - might have to cover for weekends as my husband likely won't understand me playing the same game for hours on end to no obvious purpose! - and then clear at least 200 games in SOSD, potentially max it a couple of days. I dislike SS and SOSD  so just tend to play for np early on, but if I max the two other games, I might find myself ramping up extra points that way.

Aiming for All Star this year as it's the first year I've played in a while and I doubt I'll have the bonus of working from home with minimal workload in years to come!

My goal is to reach level 1. Haven't played a single game yet and won't have time for any today or tomorrow. I prefer to spend my time outside when the weather is nice. Next week we expect some rain (if it doesn't change) and if I'm not working or sleeping at those times I'll get some games in.

My goals for AC are low 🤣

1 hour ago, Duma said:

My goal is to reach level 1. Haven't played a single game yet and won't have time for any today or tomorrow. I prefer to spend my time outside when the weather is nice. Next week we expect some rain (if it doesn't change) and if I'm not working or sleeping at those times I'll get some games in.

My goals for AC are low 🤣

I admit, I'm just pretending to work and instead playing countless games of YYB and using any meetings as a chance to shoot endless penalties. So far this approach has got me to Level 6!

4 hours ago, Secre said:

I admit, I'm just pretending to work and instead playing countless games of YYB and using any meetings as a chance to shoot endless penalties. So far this approach has got me to Level 6!

OMG YES

I am using all my meetings to play SOSD or YYB so no one sees me hammering my keyboard in MSN.

Yesterday I was warming up and reached Level 1. As of today the goal is to max on YYB (or reach at least 30 wins) and at least 50 MSN and 100 SOSD.

The only thing I know is that I'm getting All Star again this year. I've done it before a while ago with regular work, I sure can do this now 

My Goal was originally just to reach a higher rank than 2018, when I got to rank 4. Last year I had technical difficulties that I still don't understand, where I was only able to log in on my phone for the last half of the tournament. Hope that doesn't happen again! I'm almost to rank 4 though on the second day, maybe I should aim higher.

just to hit All-Star. just hitting All-Star, though, usually isn't enough to get the top prizes, but whether or not i go harder for that, i haven't decided.

Yesterday I did just 10 YYB / 100 SOSD / 50 MSN

Today I managed to max out YYB (RIP my wrist) / 100 SOSD / 41 MSN

That leaves me in level 4 and hopeful that I can manage all star again this year. 

And as for All Star not being enough to get the top prizes: well, I'll first hit that and then figure out if I still have it in me to keep playing 🤪

I have several goals.

1) Rank higher than last year, All-star, if possible (Only got to All-star once).
2) Improve my GPG (Goals Per Game average) Last Year's final average was 12.8 (rounded up) With 2,658 goals in 208 games.
3) Get enough prize points to actually afford the freakin' Stamp this year!
4) Try again to score 18 goals in 1 game of YYB. My best score on record is 17-0 over the years.

So far, I only managed 6 games last night, but scored 78 total goals from those 6 games. Even had 2 games at 15 goals scored. Counting the 2 games I've played today so far (15 and 14 goals respectively), my GPG average so far is 13.25, with 106 goals in 8 games. *sigh* I wish points scored counted toward Prize Points. 😕 I MEANT to inquire if that could be doable by TNT but I forgot until the AC was already upon us. Whoops!

34 minutes ago, anapm.agostini said:

Yesterday I did just 10 YYB / 100 SOSD / 50 MSN

Today I managed to max out YYB (RIP my wrist) / 100 SOSD / 41 MSN

That leaves me in level 4 and hopeful that I can manage all star again this year. 

And as for All Star not being enough to get the top prizes: well, I'll first hit that and then figure out if I still have it in me to keep playing 🤪

yeah i hit All Star last year and didn't have enough for the paint brush, which is usually the top prize, so just hitting All Star won't get it it seems. 😕

But like i said, i haven't decided yet if i'll go for that either 😛

I want to max out SOSD daily, and I'm planning on going for All Star. But we'll see how I feel once my second class starts up. 🤪
Edit: and it doesn't look like it'll happen today either. Hopefully everything's functional tomorrow.

So far so good. At level 6 with a handful of games to go until level 7 at the end of day 2. Not bad if I do say so myself.

15 hours ago, anapm.agostini said:

OMG YES

I am using all my meetings to play SOSD or YYB so no one sees me hammering my keyboard in MSN.

Yesterday I was warming up and reached Level 1. As of today the goal is to max on YYB (or reach at least 30 wins) and at least 50 MSN and 100 SOSD.

The only thing I know is that I'm getting All Star again this year. I've done it before a while ago with regular work, I sure can do this now 

I've never hit All-Star before and so this is my chance! Particularly under lockdown conditions!! I don't chance YYB just in case I need to look something up in the meeting but SOSD is short enough that I can get away with it!

9 hours ago, AgJu said:

just to hit All-Star. just hitting All-Star, though, usually isn't enough to get the top prizes, but whether or not i go harder for that, i haven't decided.

I hadn't twigged that All-Star wouldn't win you the top prizes... I'll see how far I get then. If I reach All-Star with some time to go I might keep grinding the points in.

8 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

I have several goals.

1) Rank higher than last year, All-star, if possible (Only got to All-star once).
2) Improve my GPG (Goals Per Game average) Last Year's final average was 12.8 (rounded up) With 2,658 goals in 208 games.
3) Get enough prize points to actually afford the freakin' Stamp this year!
4) Try again to score 18 goals in 1 game of YYB. My best score on record is 17-0 over the years.

So far, I only managed 6 games last night, but scored 78 total goals from those 6 games. Even had 2 games at 15 goals scored. Counting the 2 games I've played today so far (15 and 14 goals respectively), my GPG average so far is 13.25, with 106 goals in 8 games. *sigh* I wish points scored counted toward Prize Points. 😕 I MEANT to inquire if that could be doable by TNT but I forgot until the AC was already upon us. Whoops!

I'm impressed at your GPG. My average (without a Darigan or Faerie) is 9-10, but those two balls throw me for a loop so my general average is likely closer to 7. My highest so far is 13 which I've only achieved once! In a way I'm glad they don't go towards prize points as it would end up lessening the points for games with lower averages and they take longer to play! I can see how it must be frustrating to someone better at the game than me mind you... I suppose your consolation prize is that you get extra time taken off the game and your team is more likely to win. I wish the cap was slightly higher - I can understand it being lowered to prevent cheating, but I could easily play 50-70 games I suspect rather than the 46.

Just checked my average - 8.17 which is slightly higher than I had anticipated!!

1 hour ago, Secre said:

I've never hit All-Star before and so this is my chance! Particularly under lockdown conditions!! I don't chance YYB just in case I need to look something up in the meeting but SOSD is short enough that I can get away with it!

Whenever I'm playing YYB during a meeting I try to get as much goals as I can in the first minute so I can leave the game unattended for a bit if I need to, it has been working so far.

Good luck to all of us in Day #3 🥳

20 minutes ago, anapm.agostini said:

Whenever I'm playing YYB during a meeting I try to get as much goals as I can in the first minute so I can leave the game unattended for a bit if I need to, it has been working so far.

Good luck to all of us in Day #3 🥳

Oh that's a good idea! Hadn't thought of that!!

I'm also doing a bit of positive reinforcement with myself 😆

If I finish a work task in less time that I estimated, I can use the "free" time to play for a bit.

And if I don't I still allow me a single round of YYB because oh well, less than 3 minutes won't hurt. lol

I'm also on the wanting to max out sosd daily train. 🙂 And now I'm going to try hard to only send perfect scores.

I feel THIS is entirely my fault!

image.png.45d681ca1197eef81e60ccb012d395a5.png T_T

Realistically I KNOW it isn't, not many of my scores weren't 1200, but still... missing out on a sweep. >8[

I want to hit all-star again this year, I managed that last year and I couldn't believe it, lol. All thanks to hanging out of the Shenkuu board for the first time. :DI've had a good start as I didn't start maxing sosd straight away last year and I have this time.

Another goal is to get better at the grab-the-yooyu-once-the-opponent-has-picked-it-up move at the start of the game. Because of my MS once I lose control of the ball it's a complete farce; my reaction times are so slow that, I dunno, it's like some corny clowns comedy routine watching me trying to get the yooyu back xD

We shall see how I manage today! Feelin' kinda pressured to play more yyb as it's the bonus game for Shenkuu today. ^o^;;

1 hour ago, anapm.agostini said:

I'm also doing a bit of positive reinforcement with myself 😆

If I finish a work task in less time that I estimated, I can use the "free" time to play for a bit.

And if I don't I still allow me a single round of YYB because oh well, less than 3 minutes won't hurt. lol

You are likely being more productive than me. I'm just ignoring work unless something crops up that actually looks important.

15 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I'm also on the wanting to max out sosd daily train. 🙂 And now I'm going to try hard to only send perfect scores.

I feel THIS is entirely my fault!

image.png.45d681ca1197eef81e60ccb012d395a5.png T_T

Realistically I KNOW it isn't, not many of my scores weren't 1200, but still... missing out on a sweep. >8[

I want to hit all-star again this year, I managed that last year and I couldn't believe it, lol. All thanks to hanging out of the Shenkuu board for the first time. :DI've had a good start as I didn't start maxing sosd straight away last year and I have this time.

Another goal is to get better at the grab-the-yooyu-once-the-opponent-has-picked-it-up move at the start of the game. Because of my MS once I lose control of the ball it's a complete farce; my reaction times are so slow that, I dunno, it's like some corny clowns comedy routine watching me trying to get the yooyu back xD

We shall see how I manage today! Feelin' kinda pressured to play more yyb as it's the bonus game for Shenkuu today. ^o^;;

Oh, I'm not fussing about perfect scores! I send decent scores - I don't play to the minimum unless I'm doing Slushie Slinger which is my least favourite game of the lot and even then I aim for 400 before sending. 

Oh, I don't have any excuse. I'm just awful at getting the ball back! It doesn't help that using the keyboard the game switches characters on me and periodically decides it's going to flip to the keeper to boot. I wish it would just allow me to run around with one character and forget about the rest of them. The amount of times the character it's switched to hares off in the wrong direction because I'm looking at a different player would be funny if it wasn't pitiful.

YYB is Darigan's bonus game as well. I'm 6 away from maxing it for today which will make three days in a row. Woot woot woot! I'm losing far more goals though which is annoying!

13 hours ago, Secre said:

I'm impressed at your GPG. My average (without a Darigan or Faerie) is 9-10, but those two balls throw me for a loop so my general average is likely closer to 7. My highest so far is 13 which I've only achieved once! In a way I'm glad they don't go towards prize points as it would end up lessening the points for games with lower averages and they take longer to play! I can see how it must be frustrating to someone better at the game than me mind you... I suppose your consolation prize is that you get extra time taken off the game and your team is more likely to win. I wish the cap was slightly higher - I can understand it being lowered to prevent cheating, but I could easily play 50-70 games I suspect rather than the 46.

Just checked my average - 8.17 which is slightly higher than I had anticipated!!

Thanks! And hey! 9-10 is good! It'll get you 1000np 3 times a day too! I think the minimum score is 8 for the full 1,000np.

It takes some time and observation to be able to build up your scores. Yeah, Faerie and Darigan yooyus generally mean my games will be lower scoring than I'd like. Especially with multiple darigans or faeries in a single game. Most Darigans I can recall in one game was 4, I don't recall what my score was though, maybe 7? lol
I remember when I could score only in 9-10 range, or the 7-8 range, heck even 5-6. Keep going and keep observing, you'll find routes and moves that will help you increase your scoring! From my observations, I can say that pretty much after every 4th goal you make, the opposing team gets a bit more aggressive. So, after goals 4, 8, 12, and 16 is when I usually see them pick up their pace.

Well as far as my wish for prize points, it's a matter of balance imho. Some people can play all day and/or all night, and fly through the ranks. Others, such as myself, can't devote that large of a block of time to it each day. If prize points could be awarded for either all points scored, or at certain tiered levels say, 8, 10, 12, 14, etc. That would help even the playing field. But also, it would help those who fly through the ranks too! The only thing it might not help, is those who would resell some prizes for millions of NP. Because more prizes could be afforded by more players. That would also hinder people who cheat to win. Because their ill-gotten prizes would not be worth as much in NP when they try to sell. I also have friends who can't sit at the computer for very long, due to age or injury, and it would help them get more prize points too. Just seems like a mostly good idea imho. lol

It would be useful for those of us who can't restock, I simply have no skill for it. I get my NP from playing some games and doing dailies. Also, if I get something worth some NP from battling I can sell that too. But the NP I earn this way is a pittance compared to what a skilled restocker could make in a week, or even less time.

A GPG of 8.17 is nothing to sneeze at! It's pretty darn good! Makes me curious about my current GPG... My GPG after 20 games (in total) is 12.6. Lower than last year's GPG at the end of the AC. I had a few "stinker" games last night that were 11 and 12 points. A lower scoring game, even just one, can severely drop your GPG average. lol And then it takes a number of higher scoring games to get back. Another thing I've learned over years of playing YYB. 😉

Best of luck to you in the AC! :D

i'm thinking i'll max out SOSD each day and do at least 30 YYB. I'm gonna keep SS and MSN to multiples of 6 and 12, cuz that's how many you have to play of each to equal one game of YYB

I am not messing around with Darigan Yooyus this year. I will refresh no matter when it shows up unless i've already scored 12 goals in a game. I'm maintaining just above a 12 GPG and my Prytariel has over a 9 and i aim to keep it that way.

Kinda glad they changed it in recent years so you can't rank up on break days otherwise i would feel urged to use my "time off". lol

4 days of maxing out SOSD (I did today's before I go to bed so I have more time for homework in the afternoon :P) and just playing as much YYB as I can stand. Today was 30 games, doubt I'll ever hit max on that. x_x Almost to rank 9 already! I'll probably have to ease up in about a week, but I'm happy with my progress so far. Even if my team hasn't won a single event. 😂

7 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Thanks! And hey! 9-10 is good! It'll get you 1000np 3 times a day too! I think the minimum score is 8 for the full 1,000np.

A GPG of 8.17 is nothing to sneeze at! It's pretty darn good! Makes me curious about my current GPG... My GPG after 20 games (in total) is 12.6. Lower than last year's GPG at the end of the AC. I had a few "stinker" games last night that were 11 and 12 points. A lower scoring game, even just one, can severely drop your GPG average. lol And then it takes a number of higher scoring games to get back. Another thing I've learned over years of playing YYB. 😉

Best of luck to you in the AC! :D

And you too! I had quite a few stinker games yesterday with multiple faerie and darigan balls!! But my stinker games tend to be 4-5 goals rather than 11-12!! But thanks! I know when I first played YYB yonks ago, I struggled to score at all, so I've definitely improved!!

3 hours ago, AgJu said:

i'm thinking i'll max out SOSD each day and do at least 30 YYB. I'm gonna keep SS and MSN to multiples of 6 and 12, cuz that's how many you have to play of each to equal one game of YYB

I am not messing around with Darigan Yooyus this year. I will refresh no matter when it shows up unless i've already scored 12 goals in a game. I'm maintaining just above a 12 GPG and my Prytariel has over a 9 and i aim to keep it that way.

Kinda glad they changed it in recent years so you can't rank up on break days otherwise i would feel urged to use my "time off". lol

Hah, I'm exceptionally lucky to get 12 goals in one game if I'm honest. I'll send a win, any win!!

But yes, I've seen about not playing on Jelly days. Hopefully they will coincide with the weekend and I'll get to do other things instead!

37 minutes ago, Wildbreeze said:

4 days of maxing out SOSD (I did today's before I go to bed so I have more time for homework in the afternoon :P) and just playing as much YYB as I can stand. Today was 30 games, doubt I'll ever hit max on that. x_x Almost to rank 9 already! I'll probably have to ease up in about a week, but I'm happy with my progress so far. Even if my team hasn't won a single event. 😂

You've got to be a Moltara fan then?! I'm thinking of writing a NT article from the perspective of the team... but as I got an article in last NT, I doubt I'd be successful two in a row or even close to that! I've maxed YYB three days and SOSD two days. Just starting todays run!

20 hours ago, Secre said:

You've got to be a Moltara fan then?! I'm thinking of writing a NT article from the perspective of the team... but as I got an article in last NT, I doubt I'd be successful two in a row or even close to that! I've maxed YYB three days and SOSD two days. Just starting todays run!

Yep! 😅 I got attached to Moltara a long time ago, especially once I made my Lupe Magma. Yeah we'll never win but darn it I'm LOYAL.

That would definitely be an interesting article! And wow good work maxing YYB three days!

20 hours ago, Secre said:

And you too! I had quite a few stinker games yesterday with multiple faerie and darigan balls!! But my stinker games tend to be 4-5 goals rather than 11-12!! But thanks! I know when I first played YYB yonks ago, I struggled to score at all, so I've definitely improved!!

Hah, I'm exceptionally lucky to get 12 goals in one game if I'm honest. I'll send a win, any win!!

lol Yeah! I didn't used to, but I started taking screenshots of my scoreboard at the end of one game to prove to TNT that I should've gotten credit for a game I won at some higher score, like, 12 or something. lol There was as Sending error so the game didn't get counted. It was probably my first time getting to 12 in one game. But, of course it didn't work, trying to get them to credit me that game I mean, even with the screenshot. lol

So, I decided to start tracking my progress with games. I started to screenshot every game scoreboard where I score 10 or more points. So far, I've had a couple 10-pointers this year, some being hard fought for. The difficulty on those games of course, being due to multiple darigan and/or faerie yooyus. I had to stop a couple of games due having to take some phone calls, but that's the only time I stop a game of YYB with a refresh or a back to the AC main page. Since we can't pause a game of YYB.

LOL In YYB Luck is ALWAYS a factor! lol Especially the higher you score! My averages are usually around 12 points, slightly higher, but for 14+ points? I have to be very lucky. I am SURE you can go beyond 12 points too! Maybe even before the end of this AC! 🙂 If you'll pardon the double-pun, it's a goal to shoot for. 😉

10 hours ago, Wildbreeze said:

Yep! 😅 I got attached to Moltara a long time ago, especially once I made my Lupe Magma. Yeah we'll never win but darn it I'm LOYAL.

i totally get it. When i first tried the Altador Cup, i almost went with Faerieland, but decided on Terror Mountain only because A) I'm a water sign and like ice spells in video games and B )it was the only team with an Aisha, my favorite breed, as captain. I've stuck with them every year since, through the down times and up times. The only scenario where i'd consider switching teams is if Prytariel were traded or just left the game entirely.

As an aside, a couple months ago, i FINALLY caught the magma pool guard napping and turned my Ixi magma! I've been trying for that for a looooong time lol. And then a month ago, i got a rainbow pool faerie quest (or i think she granted me a wish in place of the grey faerie) and i turned my Kougra into its candy form. ❤️

I've pretty much got my dream team (Magma Ixi, Eventide Aisha, Mutant Poogle, Candy Kougra), but i need to get my Lenny and Quiggle sorted out. I'm thinking a Steampunk Lenny and a Burlap Quiggle, if possible.

But i've strayed off topic....lol