Altador Cup start?

Secre

I read the news to be that the cup was starting today, but having refreshed repeatedly all day there is no movement on the cup front... does it normally start mid day neopian time or should it have been midnight NST? 

This was posted on the Neoboards earlier:

Just a heads up round robin tournaments will begin tomorrow.
We wanted to give another day's heads up to ensure everyone is aware of the start date.
Rules/FAQs have also been posted today with further details. Hope everyone is doing well and safe and look forward to seeing you all in competition tomorrow.

2 hours ago, RonJB said:

This was posted on the Neoboards earlier:

Just a heads up round robin tournaments will begin tomorrow.
We wanted to give another day's heads up to ensure everyone is aware of the start date.
Rules/FAQs have also been posted today with further details. Hope everyone is doing well and safe and look forward to seeing you all in competition tomorrow.

So essentially they screwed up... and are trying to cover it now... why does this not surprise me...

6 hours ago, Secre said:

So essentially they screwed up... and are trying to cover it now... why does this not surprise me...

Or they could have had complaints about FAQ not being up yet and the short notice to start day. Then changed the start date and forgot to communicate it with the players.  Sure, they might have forgotten a few things and you could call that screwing up but they're just human as well. They're probably working from home instead of in an office which means less communication between all of them as well. That makes it easier to forget stuff.

I for one don't mind it being a day later, I wouldn't mind 2 days later either. I don't really have any time today (nor did I have time yesterday).

3 hours ago, Duma said:

Or they could have had complaints about FAQ not being up yet and the short notice to start day. Then changed the start date and forgot to communicate it with the players.  Sure, they might have forgotten a few things and you could call that screwing up but they're just human as well. They're probably working from home instead of in an office which means less communication between all of them as well. That makes it easier to forget stuff.

I for one don't mind it being a day later, I wouldn't mind 2 days later either. I don't really have any time today (nor did I have time yesterday).

Point taken. I was in a particularly grouchy mood yesterday, so I apologise!! It's up and running now though so I'm satisfied.

It's okay, we all have our grouchy days XD.

I'm glad you're enjoying the event though! I hate grinding so I'll play some games now and then but won't make it to all-star. Good luck to all the teams though!

2 hours ago, Duma said:

It's okay, we all have our grouchy days XD.

I'm glad you're enjoying the event though! I hate grinding so I'll play some games now and then but won't make it to all-star. Good luck to all the teams though!

Oh, by the end I'll be gritting my teeth and swearing fluently, but this is one of the few years where I'm going to have the chance to make it to all-star as I'm working from home with a minimal workload at best, nill at worst! Plus it's the first time I've been active for several years so I'm taking the chance and running with it. Normally between a four hour daily commute and a full working day, I'd be lucky to make it to silver I suspect!!

Yesterday was just one of those days I think - between communication mishaps at work (proving your point really!), no Altador Cup and Sakmat Solitaire really bugging me, I was not having a good day!