Sakhmet Solitaire - Jinxed or rigged!

Secre

Well, either I'm cursed or the game is rigged. I have been - rather impatiently - waiting for the Altador Cup to start, and amusing myself - or frustrating in fairness - by trying to get the Solitaire trophy. I wasn't sure how I hadn't got it already. Well, now I do. I have played 85 hands, won 2 of them and nearly won say 10 of them. For the rest, the game seems to delight in deliberately giving me cards I cannot use or - worse - giving me cards I could use if they were a different colour, but can't use as they stand! At the rate I'm going, I'll be calling it quits with the bronze trophy!!

12 minutes ago, shauns_fiancee said:

yes, i love playing that game, but i lose waaaaay more proportionately than win.  in real life you'd be winning a lot more.

Yess! I mean just by the law of averages and sheer chance the cards that come out the deck should be more favourable than they actually are!!

I have a solitaire addiction - I go through phases when I constantly play, zombie-like, either Sakhmet Solitaire or regular solitaire on my phone. The chances of winning are very low... everything kind of has to happen just right in order for you to finish a game. To me, that's what makes it so addicting! Lose a game, and I'll get it next time; win a game, and maybe I can win the next one, too! It is a never-ending cycle

26 minutes ago, gwendolyndolyn said:

I have a solitaire addiction - I go through phases when I constantly play, zombie-like, either Sakhmet Solitaire or regular solitaire on my phone. The chances of winning are very low... everything kind of has to happen just right in order for you to finish a game. To me, that's what makes it so addicting! Lose a game, and I'll get it next time; win a game, and maybe I can win the next one, too! It is a never-ending cycle

Yep, I kept doing 'one more game' and then looking up seven games later! I'm still at two wins but over a hundred games now... 

Can I ask a question. have you every played solitaire on a Windows computer? If you have you should realise that Sakhmet Solitaire is positively extravagant with its gameplay leniency compared to Windows. 😅

I used to set the Windows one to cummulative for the wins, just to watch myself go deeper and deeper into the red with every game. Even when I eventually won one it barely made a dent in my huge losses.  xDD

On neo I find Pyramids to be less of a douchebag, you still don't clear the board very often, but you do nearly always end up winning more than you paid to play, unlike solitaire. >_>

On 6/2/2020 at 6:24 PM, jellysundae said:

Can I ask a question. have you every played solitaire on a Windows computer? If you have you should realise that Sakhmet Solitaire is positively extravagant with its gameplay leniency compared to Windows. 😅

I used to set the Windows one to cummulative for the wins, just to watch myself go deeper and deeper into the red with every game. Even when I eventually won one it barely made a dent in my huge losses.  xDD

On neo I find Pyramids to be less of a douchebag, you still don't clear the board very often, but you do nearly always end up winning more than you paid to play, unlike solitaire. >_>

Hah, no I never played it on Windows. I think I'd find that far too frustrating!! Neo Pyramids is bad enough and at least I get a trophy for that!