The Official Shenkuu Ninjas Support Thread

Angeló

GO NINJAS GO!!! Good luck this year, I hope you can place better than last year. Maybe you'll even end up on the podium this year. I wouldn't mind losing the top spot to you sneaky Ninjas!

8 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

I wouldn't mind losing the top spot to you sneaky Ninjas!

That's the sweetest thing ever! :D

Would be so nice if we could do better than our regular mid/low level result. I've found out a lot of Shenkuu's history today though and us not generally doing so well makes a lot more sense now. o.o So much drama early on in the AC history. *gulps*

There's new ninjas on the board this year though, isn't there @Angeló so maybe we will manage to do better. :D

2 hours ago, Sciurus carolinensis said:

Is your link a broken image, or is it for members only? Of team Shenkuu, i mean.

I guess SunnyNeo removed the old picture and replaced it with this one ... it's fixed now

There's new ninjas on the board this year though, isn't there @Angeló so maybe we will manage to do better. :D

I sure hope so :D

Last year I made All Star, let's hope I can accomplish that again.

Me too .. Last year I made ALL STAR for the first time .. and I'll try to do it again this year despite my hectic work schedule

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

Last year I made ALL STAR for the first time

Me too! I'm hopeful right this second that I'll do it again xD I've maxed out sosd today, and I didn't start doing that until a few days in last year, so here's hoping!

I'm confident you can do it, Marr! :D

Congrats on your wins today! Playing YYB against your team took forever lol. Your forward and goalie are sure aggressive. Your forward kept stealing the yooyu form me at the start of the game before I even had the chance to get my hands on it first, Then I'd have to chase it around the field. Your goalie blocked a lot of my shots too, which I have to say was annoying lol.

I'm glad Faerieland could keep you from obtaining a sweep! 😃

I have to admit that I dislike AC and one of the reasons is because it demands you to keep playing the same game for 3 weeks for hours every day!

It's not like Daily Dare where you have a different game daily and where there are 2 options (either Abigail or AAA) and 4 different trophies. 

In AC you have 20 rankings! For you to reach the All Star title you must play for hours that annoying/disturbing/nerve-wracking game. I see AC as psychological torture!

You're not "forced" to reach All Star that's for sure but... for your team to have good results... you have kind of have to. And that's why I dislike it. 

I like the event in a general way because there are so many interesting teams. 

My favorites are Faerieland (I always join them), Shenkuu and Maraqua

l know that Faerieland can't win (or to be on TOP2) and that Maraqua had some good results in the past so I'm hoping that Shenkuu can win in the future. 

It has more chances than Faerieland for sure 😆

7 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

Congrats on your wins today! Playing YYB against your team took forever lol. Your forward and goalie are sure aggressive. Your forward kept stealing the yooyu form me at the start of the game before I even had the chance to get my hands on it first, Then I'd have to chase it around the field. Your goalie blocked a lot of my shots too, which I have to say was annoying lol.

I'm glad Faerieland could keep you from obtaining a sweep! 😃

These kind of comments always make me so happy, after watching those same players being supremely incompetent whilst under my control. lol.gif

YOUR players were super-aggressive too! The goalie not so much though, not as much as KL at least. REALLY warms my heart to hear Xana was tough! I'd really like to be able to see our team in action against an opponent, not much chance for that though, is there!

30 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

I have to admit that I dislike AC and one of the reasons is because it demands you to keep playing the same game for 3 weeks for hours every day!

Yeah the grind is real, that's for sure. I do feel it's somewhat offset by the camaraderie though. I'm way more into it since being active on the Shenkuu board. ^.^

On 6/2/2020 at 8:16 PM, jellysundae said:

r regular mid/low level result. I've found out a lot of Shenkuu's history today though and us not generally doing so well makes a lot more sense now. o.o So much drama early on in the AC history. *gulps*

Oh, please spill! I know so very little about the history of the AC and I'd love to know more!!

1 minute ago, Secre said:

Oh, please spill! I know so very little about the history of the AC and I'd love to know more!!

Ah, this isn't AC history, as in neopets history, but drama on the boards involving SOTAC. ^o^;; I learned that I probably don't have to worry about Shenkuu EVER being picked by SOTAC after what happened the first time they were many years ago. A clash of agendas, and personalities, of epic proportions. kisskiss.gif

2 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Ah, this isn't AC history, as in neopets history, but drama on the boards involving SOTAC. ^o^;; I learned that I probably don't have to worry about Shenkuu EVER being picked by SOTAC after what happened the first time they were many years ago. A clash of agendas, and personalities, of epic proportions. kisskiss.gif

Hah... I don't even know what SOTAC is... despite my 17 year old neopets account, I sometimes feel like a n00b of epic proportions!

2 hours ago, Secre said:

Hah... I don't even know what SOTAC is... despite my 17 year old neopets account, I sometimes feel like a n00b of epic proportions!

SOTAC is a group of roving all-star players - the Secret Order of The Altador Cup.  The hubris of that name might give you a little idea about the issue with them >.<;; They choose a team to play for each year, and that's basically the team that's gonna win. I've always dreaded them choosing Shenkuu because the victory we gained would be so hollow, but because of this previous drama it's hopeful that Shenkuu's blacklisted forever in SOTAC's eyes. xD

What I didn't realise was a wider-reaching impact SOTAC has, they recruit all the best players they can from all teams - sending NMs to double/triple/quad all-stars hoping to lure them away from their own team; thus weakening all teams. : /

SOTAC's said to be with Meridell this year, hence them being in the lead...

15 hours ago, jellysundae said:

SOTAC is a group of roving all-star players - the Secret Order of The Altador Cup.  The hubris of that name might give you a little idea about the issue with them >.<;; They choose a team to play for each year, and that's basically the team that's gonna win. I've always dreaded them choosing Shenkuu because the victory we gained would be so hollow, but because of this previous drama it's hopeful that Shenkuu's blacklisted forever in SOTAC's eyes. xD

What I didn't realise was a wider-reaching impact SOTAC has, they recruit all the best players they can from all teams - sending NMs to double/triple/quad all-stars hoping to lure them away from their own team; thus weakening all teams. : /

SOTAC's said to be with Meridell this year, hence them being in the lead...

Ah, yes, the hubris shines forth loud and clear. I suppose it must be a mixed bag - people would be flattered at being thought good enough to join etc!! But yes, it does take some of the fun out of it for the majority of us!!

Oops! I've been playing another game pretty regularly this month and have forgotten about the Altador Cup. I logged back in today, but we're against the practice team. There's always tomorrow! I hope that the cup has been going well for everyone this year. Maybe I'll take today to figure out old habits of the games. 

SOTAC does sound pretty hubristic. And weakening all the teams takes some fun out of it for anyone but them. Perhaps it's good that the prizes are mostly individual-oriented?

In my head today I'm imagining Mirsha slappin' Shaye's face. He's all in there with the grabby paws as soon as the game starts. xD

If I can succeed with the wait and grab method at the start that also fends him off. xDDD

Come on @jellysundae let's chase All Star together! I'm currently rank 16 and only 10 YYB games away from 17!

Congrats on reaching All Star @Angeló!