Gallery: Books that aren't books...

Secre

So, I found a really cute paving stone of all things at the Igloo Garage Sale: 

Brightvale Book Paving Stones

gar_paving_bvbook.gif

This has given me the idea for a library inspired gallery on my side account. Actual books are the obvious contenders and I can use the books my reading pet has already read as a starting point - with over 1000 books under his belt, I'm not going to struggle. 

However, I was thinking of having more items like the paving stones - so items that are inspired by books or libraries but not actual readable items. 

So there's the Library Faerie Stamp, Library Visit TCG, Xandras Library Background and several NC items that I am unlikely to ever get my mitts on if I'm honest, but does anyone have any other ideas. Specifically items that are inspired by or depict books but aren't actually books.

Library Faerie StampLibrary Visit (TCG)Xandras Library Background

13 hours ago, Sciurus carolinensis said:

I love talking about gallery ideas! As to your gallery, what about the scrolls that are battledome items rather then readable scrolls? Scrolls are just an alternate way to store written words. So I'd count them as books. 

I've been debating what to have as a second gallery since I rejoined neopets. I have the rather commonplace plushie gallery on my main which I wouldn't change for the world as it was the first collection I started on neopets and is a mirror image to my bear collection in real life. But it's hardly unique! Just collecting books seemed to have the same issue and reading is one of my other passions, but those paving stones gave me the idea of a book theme that didn't just focus on actual readable items. Like at home I have these gorgeous Slytherin basilisk bookends that I bought from Orlando (attached image). Pity I can't find a neopets item bookend!

Ooh, excellent idea!! That hadn't occurred to me at all but you are right! And I've even been caught out when buying them before! So yes, that's definitely a category to go on the list!

100987983_2551665338432063_3112951837548871680_n.jpg

I've been thinking of getting a new gallery as well. my current one is petpet themed so hardly original. Thanks to that picture above I might actually consider a Dragon themed Gallery... I love dragons. Not sure yet as to how to actually go about it since getting all the Draik stuff might be considered dragon items but that's not really how I feel. Will have to ponder some more about it.

I really like the scrolls idea! I too feel it's a book that isn't a book. To me, a gallery just with items that are books but aren't readable books would already be amazing. So without any actual books.

1 hour ago, Duma said:

I've been thinking of getting a new gallery as well. my current one is petpet themed so hardly original. Thanks to that picture above I might actually consider a Dragon themed Gallery... I love dragons. Not sure yet as to how to actually go about it since getting all the Draik stuff might be considered dragon items but that's not really how I feel. Will have to ponder some more about it.

I really like the scrolls idea! I too feel it's a book that isn't a book. To me, a gallery just with items that are books but aren't readable books would already be amazing. So without any actual books.

I fell in love with those bookends on first sight and used a significant chunk of my spending money on them but it was definitely worth it!!

And yes; I might be tempted to have a couple of 'real' books that are either particularly cute or pretty, but by and large I think it would be better to have a gallery that is predominantly non-readable items as it makes it so much more unique.