Altador Cup Sign-Ups Open!

Emily

Last year was a major disappointment, so hard to get excited at this point, but we'll see how things go.   Maybe I'll work up the motivation to go all star.

Joined my team again. :D But I didn't get anything upon joining this time. Usually you would get a background and an extra item depending on how many years you've been playing, right? I wonder if something went wrong.

11 minutes ago, enitul said:

Joined my team again. :D But I didn't get anything upon joining this time. Usually you would get a background and an extra item depending on how many years you've been playing, right? I wonder if something went wrong.

Did you check your inventory? There was no pop-up message this year but we still got items.

While I'm excited as usual for the Altador Cup, I can't help but be annoyed that none of the games have been converted to HTML5. The fact that you need to use Flash, which has been getting harder and harder to enable if your browser even allows it, to participate in an event with valuable prizes is honestly a big enough issue they should have put off the AC until they could convert the games. Unfortunately, the same problem will probably happen with Daily Dare and the GMC if they even happen this year.

40 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Did you check your inventory? There was no pop-up message this year but we still got items.

Indeed I have. I just checked and saw that the items were, indeed, there. Guess I should check first next year before commenting something. XD

2 hours ago, MinaxUmbra said:

they should have put off the AC until they could convert the games

I'm not sure what was the deadline to convert flash, was it June? Because if it is June then it makes no sense at all to start AC unless they converted those 4 games already.

I had the usual pop-up message showing

image.png.a5cb23b85ce17debf2ad2f0ce184f0b7.png

54 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

I'm not sure what was the deadline to convert flash, was it June? Because if it is June then it makes no sense at all to start AC unless they converted those 4 games already.

Deadline is December 31, 2020, for Flash. They still have some time left. Anyhow, just joined up for Terror Mountain. Since they won last year, expecting to end up in last place. Not sure if I'll have a lot of time to devote to AC XV, but I'll give it my best.

I was considering picking a different team, but wasn't able to. Don't want to be the sort of fan that abandons ship in hard times only to be proven wrong later. Also, their team colors look so good on my Origami Kacheek. Go Moltara!

Moltara.PNG

19 hours ago, Yuiina said:

I am glad to see another FaerieLand supporter keeping the faith.   Can only hope this year goes better.

5 hours ago, Rayd1978 said:

I am glad to see another FaerieLand supporter keeping the faith.   Can only hope this year goes better.

I have been a dedicated Faerieland supporter because I love faeries! I like other teams too but faeries 😍

I wished they scored better in all these years but... AC Guilds don't fancy Faerieland that much 😕 

2 hours ago, Neopets9738368 said:

Can’t sign up for AC. Tried on PC (chrome), and multiple apple devices (safari). The only thing that comes up is the AC homepage. No pop up. When I try and click on a team , the page freezes. 
anyone with tech advice?

maybe it's a problem with flash?

I believe the page doesn't require it, but whenever anyone has problems with anything in neopets flash's always to blame lol

i had no problem with chrome on a mac.

I've joined - I had a choice between Darigan, Maraqua and Lost Island as I've supported each twice, plus Roo Island one year strangely.... - and am impatiently waiting for the fun to begin. Give me a week of playing the same game over and over again and it'll be a very different story, but for now I'm stoked and ready to go!

On 5/26/2020 at 2:48 PM, Neopets9738368 said:

Can’t sign up for AC. Tried on PC (chrome), and multiple apple devices (safari). The only thing that comes up is the AC homepage. No pop up. When I try and click on a team , the page freezes. 
anyone with tech advice?

Do you happen to be a Neopets Mobile Beta tester? Other than Flash, are you using any plugins/extensions? In Chrome, do you happen to be blocking third-party cookies?