tiny question re "active paintbrush"

shauns_fiancee

25 minutes ago, shauns_fiancee said:

Sorry, today's question was "Which of the following paintbrush colours is still active?", what does that mean - still active?  I've done a bit of research but can't find the answer.

The answer is Candy. The info to the answer I got from doing my dailies through TDN.

Hello and Welcome to Neopian History 101 ^_^

Years and Years ago , you could paint your Pets "Glass" or "Stone"  

They were not popular and the colors were discontinued

Glass pets were changed to Tyrannian

and Stone pets to Island

however the paint brushes still exist as R180 (retired) items and you can buy them from user shops but you can't use them 

Stone Paint BrushGlass Paint Brush

Unicorn Paint Brush 75 was an idea that didn't really take off ... they tried to add unicorns to the pets .. Unicorn LupeUnicorn MoehogUnicorn Usul

but i think they decided to create a whole new Unicorn pet and call it "Uni" ... then removed the Paint Brush from the site and replaced it with Uni Gem Uni Gem

Unicorn pets were thus changed to the basic Red we all know and love

ahhh the nostalgia. So much has changed in all those years you'd forget about those ancient things.

I've learned something new as well, despite how long I've officially been around the site - I didn't know unicorn pets were a thing at all! I suppose stone pets have also been replaced by relic pets, which are essentially just fancy stone!

Also, what does the Uni Gem do??

2 hours ago, Secre said:

I've learned something new as well, despite how long I've officially been around the site - I didn't know unicorn pets were a thing at all! I suppose stone pets have also been replaced by relic pets, which are essentially just fancy stone!

Here's a sample of Glass Pets 

Glass NimmoGlass Shoyru

and Stone Pets ..

and yes Relic can indeed be considered  Fancy Stone 

Stone GrarrlStone Uni

It's a useless defence BD item that blocks two icons only lol (one earth one dark) 

On 5/21/2020 at 4:08 PM, Angeló said:

Here's a sample of Glass Pets 

Glass NimmoGlass Shoyru

and Stone Pets ..

and yes Relic can indeed be considered  Fancy Stone 

Stone GrarrlStone Uni

It's a useless defence BD item that blocks two icons only lol (one earth one dark) 

I definitely prefer the relic to the stone. It's quite entertaining really looking on how far they have come with designs. I was showing my mother in law the maraquan lutari I want, and she immediately pointed out some of the earlier pets and asked why they were so basic when the lutari is so detailed and that's the same paintbrush!