Eurovision 2020

Russers

So even though it was cancelled my friends and I had a cyber-viewing party last night to watch all the songs that would have competed and we voted to see who could have won.

Did anyone else check out the songs from this year? Anyone got any favorites? Some of them were really good!

I'm not a frenetic Eurovision fan but a fan nonetheless! 

At home, we always watched Eurovision since I have a memory so it's something that brings me a lot of nostalgia! Plus it's so interesting to have a show that connects live Europe!

I'm always eager to watch it every year! It makes me sad that the format is changing a bit from the original concept but let's leave that for another time 😆

I did watch the 3 shows they broadcast this past week and these were the ones I liked in a no-specific order: 

Italy Diodato - Fai Rumore 

Denmark Ben & Tan - YES

Malta Destiny - All of my love 

North Macedonia Vasil - YOU

Iceland Daði og Gagnamagnið - Think About Things

Sweden The Mamas - Move

Ireland Lesley Roy - Story Of My Life

Switzerland Gjorn's Tears - Répondez-moi 

Lithuania The Roop - On Fire

Croatia Damir Kedžo - Divlji Vjetre

Ukraine Go_A - Solovey

Belgium Hooverphonic - Release Me

Norway Ulrikke - Attention

I didn't pick yet my favorite one but.... it's probably Italy. 

How about you? 🙂 

I forgot all about it! *woe*

Last year there was a board on neo where we were all watching it and that was a LOT of fun.

How is it presented usually in your country? I mean the voice-over commentary? Graham Norton does it for the UK . He's excellent at it as he's such a good presenter; quick-witted and funny, and doesn't take things seriously at all, he makes fun of things without being offensive which is quite a skill. Terry Wogan did it before, hmmm, he was also Irish... 🤔 Graham definitely follows in Wogan's footsteps though, if the commentary was dull/too serious it wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun to watch. I wish I'd remembered and watched whatever it was that they showed this year!

I watched Eurovision twice in my life

One when Ruslana won 

and the other in 2006 when Lordi won (people were like omg who are these guys they're awesome .. but i knew about Lordi long before they played in Eurovision) i mean they're just a copy of Gwar 

Then i completely lost touch with the whole thing 

Heard there were many controversies in recent years though .. ? a bearded woman ? something like that 

I think my favorite this year was Daði og Gagnamagnið, but Little Big's was also hilarious and gave me huge Aqua feelings.

I'm in the US, so it's never really "aired" here - we usually watch it online. It's a lot of fun, though! I heard that they did a like... eurovision throughout the years broadcast or something this year, where they celebrated past winners from the previous competitions.

Conchita Wurst is an icon and I love them.